Sponsored

TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT - California Special
Data but no Screen. Cant see anything. Sync works, music plays, phone rings and plays. Back up Camera solid White Screen. Anyone seen this before?

Attached Images
attachment.jpg

I believe another user on here had that same problem. It was a faulty unit and had to be exchanged. If I'm not mistaken, I believe his new TOMTOP arrived and works fine.
Sponsored

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
If the white plug on back of the screen is seated firmly and completely, then it's probably a bad display. You can reseat that plug and see what happens.

Soliz53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yes that Same thing happened to me. I tried it all and nothing worked. Just ask for a refund and get another one. That's what I did. I got my new one installed already and it works fine execpt for the minor issues everyone has had. I need to figure out how to raise the volume on the navigation.

Data but no Screen. Cant see anything. Sync works, music plays, phone rings and plays. Back up Camera solid White Screen. Anyone seen this before?

Attached Images

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
I'll try to post a pic later today of our test unit with this. Release date would be a few weeks away it looks like.

Will this be an update to this unit or is this your new complete kit?

SULSIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Sorry for the lack of updates on my end, But now for the past few days my unit has started to freeze up pretty bad. Almost makes me want to go back to the small screen. For those of you wanting the Navi maps update I will be posting the links again so that you can download it. I made it simple so that all you have to do is drag and drop to a new card.

Sponsored

Soliz53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Only big issue I am having now is the navi has no voice which is not a big deal but I want to get it fixed I asked the seller and he is going to send me an update that might help. Do in standing by for that.

SULSIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Yes that Same thing happened to me. I tried it all and nothing worked. Just ask for a refund and get another one. That's what I did. I got my new one installed already and it works fine execpt for the minor issues everyone has had. I need to figure out how to raise the volume on the navigation.
Volume control is in the settings on the navigation app. they also have separate volume controls in the main settings of the unit.

SULSIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Only big issue I am having now is the navi has no voice which is not a big deal but I want to get it fixed I asked the seller and he is going to send me an update that might help. Do in standing by for that.
If you can't figure it out let me know I can make a video or if your in the area hit me up, I also live in San Diego

GeoffyH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Conv. Magnetic 051A Group Leather Seats
Just installed my unit last weekend, had sync & no nav voice issues, fixed the sync problem but still no nav voice.......

Sponsored

SULSIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Let me see if I can find them. Thanks.
Also the iGo Primo does not come with TTS, So the navigation will not read you the names of the streets. it will just say to Turn Left. ect....

I did Update my Navi maps to 2015 because it only had 2012 maps installed. But like I had said in my post above I will be posting the links up again.

Soliz53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I had it at first then I muted all the peeping and stuff and now I can't get it back. All I hear is my music will pause when there is supposed to be voice directions.

SULSIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I had it at first then I muted all the peeping and stuff and now I can't get it back. All I hear is my music will pause when there is supposed to be voice directions.
Mine did that as well when I first got the system, click on the voice volume setting and drag it all the way to the right and hold it. you should hear him/ her talking.

also for the music you need to un-check beep/ tone volume so that the music wont cut off .

tritran18518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
Sorry for the lack of updates on my end, But now for the past few days my unit has started to freeze up pretty bad. Almost makes me want to go back to the small screen. For those of you wanting the Navi maps update I will be posting the links again so that you can download it. I made it simple so that all you have to do is drag and drop to a new card.
Just curious why does your unit start to freeze ? Is it because the updated map or something else ?

SULSIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Just curious why does your unit start to freeze ? Is it because the updated map or something else ?
Has nothing to do with the updates. It froze on me 2 times before when I first installed it. The map updates has nothing to do with the system crashing since the navigation was not on when it started to freeze up changing the radio stations.
Sponsored