renesis

renesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It looks like the consensus is to keep it as is. And I agree. Basically, that's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Sponsored

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
That looks sleek. No, just looks. I don't think I would get much performance out of a pretty simple trunk spoiler anyway.
"Performance" would be more downforce with a proper spoiler and splitter.

I like the stock look of the Bullitt, so I spent money on other things like 2 piece brake rotors, stop the hop kit and front K-member brace. Those where the things that made the Bullitt more fun to drive, while keeping the exterior looking stock.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wouldn’t normally want to change the look of my Bullitt, but I wouldn’t hesitate to add carbon fiber parts and make it lighter for the drag strip if they weren’t so darn expensive. I could see me doing a cowl hood, doors, trunk lid and rear seat delete.

Last edited:

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
Hi fellow Bullitt owners,

I've been thinking about adding a rear spoiler to my Bullitt. I really like the clean look of Bullitt, but sometimes, it looks a bit too bland or understated compared to other Mustang models. But on the other hand, I understand that that's what Bullitt is all about...

I would probably go with something subtle but noticeable like the GT350 track pack spoiler. Not looking for any performance enhancements.

Has anyone added a spoiler to their Bullitt? Any recommendations or regrets?

Thanks
Just my opinion but, No don't do it. You've got something special there in the Bullitt.
Keep it that way.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
I think this would be the solution with the most Bullitt spirit.
But of you want a spoiler do what you like!
I would never put a spoiler on it, because the lines are perfect, but a different shaped decklid could get me weak. (But not easiely possible over here because of TĂśV...)

Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
It looks like the consensus is to keep it as is. And I agree. Basically, that's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I would say screw 'em and do what you want. But, you agree with 'em, so why you asking? 🤪

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
Tricky one. I can only imagine that a large part of your purchase of a Bullitt was based on the way it looks - i.e. it echoes the look of the McQueen Mustang from the film which, if memory serves, didn’t have a spoiler on the back. So on that basis, why would you want to change it?

However, i also completely appreciate a degree of personalisation. When i bought my first Mustang i regretted not ordering the the GT spoiler from the factory so much that I ended up paying double to have it added afterwards! So all very much to their own. As everyone will say on here - it’s your car, your taste so do what you want. And besides, if we didn’t all have that attitude we’d have a hell of lot of similar rides when actually we have the most beautiful, disparate, community of amazing cars to enjoy and admire.

The only thing I would say is that if you’re going to go for it and add a spoiler I would stick to a more of decklid variety as that won’t completely disrupt the lines of the car. Subtle visual enhancements would be the way I’d go with the Bulitt, in my opinion.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bullitts should not have spoilers, imo.. that is a huge part of the Bullitt look. Don't do it.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
If I had a bullitt and wanted to customize the rear end, I would add a GT500 diffuser and different exhaust tips. IMO, these are the only things that are lacking on the back of s550 - too much gap between bumber and road surface, and half finished exhaust tips.

This is easy to revert and does not take away from bullitt personality

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
not a bullitt owner, Mach1 owner. The bullitt is a beautiful car, for the opposite reason as the Mach 1 and GT350. While those two scream aggressive performers, the bullitt looks refined and 'classy'

If you wanted to add a rear spoiler, I would go with something akin to the PP2 spoiler, not an 'in your face' pedestal type. same with the front. nothing two aggressive/in your face.

Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
If I had a bullitt and wanted to customize the rear end, I would add a GT500 diffuser and different exhaust tips.
Then you would lose a special Bullitt part, the rear diffuser is different to the GT, it doesn't have the two fins.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@tosha
Than the next problem is that matching exhaust tips (must be larger in diameter) require the existing tailpipes to be further apart.
It is therefore not possible to fit matching tailpipes without modifing the exhaust system (e.g. FP mufflers for Mach1 / GT500 diffusor).
If you start with it, then it can't just be little things, and you have to say goodbye to the idea of the Bullitt, because then it's just a modified Mustang. (There's nothing wrong with that!)

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
@tosha
Than the next problem is that matching exhaust tips (must be larger in diameter) require the existing tailpipes to be further apart.
It is therefore not possible to fit matching tailpipes without modifing the exhaust system (e.g. FP mufflers for Mach1 / GT500 diffusor).
If you start with it, then it can't just be little things, and you have to say goodbye to the idea of the Bullitt, because then it's just a modified Mustang. (There's nothing wrong with that!)
I'm not saying it should be done 🙂, I'm saying it is a less intrusive alternative to slapping a spoiler and (imo) killing bullitt's clean lines.

OP
OP
renesis

renesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I would say screw 'em and do what you want. But, you agree with 'em, so why you asking? 🤪
Because, as mentioned in my original post, I was originally looking for someone who has actually done it and seeking for their thoughts. And I'm like 50/50 and understand both sides.
Sponsored