Sponsored

To anyone from Ford who reads these boards

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
if this is true, i feel like an ass
Yeah, I guess there's always two sides to a story, but sometimes we rush to judgment. Without being able to witness anything firsthand, maybe we should all just say "oh, well" and move on from this.
Sponsored

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Trust me, the LE is not really that special...Too many produced and only Lip-Stick applied.

Trick out a GT for way less and be Happy-->:headbang:
I'm going to agree here. Most things today that are "Limited" or "Collector" really aren't. Not saying they don't hold some value to the people buying them, but on the market later I'm going to guess the ones driven and used will only be slightly more expensive at trade in or sale time, maybe.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
Yo Dude slow down. I was not bashing on you and never said you were unprofessional. (It was merely a statement). Do you think I would have said Good luck if I was throwing you under the bus. Anyway some people think there is more to this story and I will not get involved in that mess. I certainly hope this turns out well for you. Sig.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Trust me, the LE is not really that special...Too many produced and only Lip-Stick applied.

Trick out a GT for way less and be Happy-->:headbang:
For reals!

I mean the original 65 wasn't a limited edition. Didn't make it less collectible.

Hell in 50 years perhaps these are some of the last 5.0s to be made. Perhaps all of the GTs will be collectible if they survive that long. Mine won't, I'm gonna drive it till it drops.

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
If you want collectable, wait for the GT350. Will be more money, but will hold value longer.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
If you want collectable, wait for the GT350. Will be more money, but will hold value longer.

If you want collectible, a new Mustang isn't for you. None of them will be collectible.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
If you want collectible, a new Mustang isn't for you. None of them will be collectible.

Have a 1970 Boss 429 you'd like to sell? Pretty sure that's collectable. Any of the 1965-66 Shelby GT350's are pretty collectable. My guess is that the 2012-13 Boss 302's will be collectable some day.

My point is that it isn't a stretch to think that the 2015 or 2016 GT350's and GT350R's might be collectable. Really depends on how many they build. The performance levels are just going to be amazing, and who knows- the internal combustion engine may not even be legal for manufacturers to produce someday so that may change collectivity altogether. How many times have you heard that we're in the "golden age of performance" again right now? We may see the downturn happen all over again. With the performance levels we're getting out of turbo 4's lately, it's hard to imagine but with CAFE regs demanding manufacturers get 55 combined MPG's in the not-too-distant future, we (car enthusiasts) may all be screwed.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't you heard the customer's always right?

[ame]

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
I'm still laughing at what JoeDoginKC wrote on the Facebook review. That was epic!
Back to topic. The OP never touched on the subject of additional discounts. I think it would have been dirty to pull the rug out from under a customer that asked for an additional discount. However, if the dealership says "no" sorry, roll with it. To them your buying a LE car and they can find someone else to buy it. Never mention the after sale survey about a car before you buy it. Jeez.

Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
As Ford continues to move forward as a manufacturer I'm always disheartened by the broad majority of dealership behaviour that is stuck in the past. When the Boss was announced I went to my local dealership, told then about the car, and that I wanted an order placed as soon as they learned about the car and left a 5K deposit. A month and a half later they called saying they were now able to order and BTW they were taking a $15K ADM. Fortunately I found another dealership that respected customers. But that experience did sour the experience and is partially why I did not place an order for a 50th LE. Still, when you find a good dealer, make sure you tell everyone. It's not enough to slam bad businesses, we must also help market the good ones.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
My dealer is great, if you know how to deal with them, and have the right salesman. They try to move units, so if they have a car on the lot, after about 30 min of haggling they will give the car away to move a unit. However if you let them they will take your money.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I'm still laughing at what JoeDoginKC wrote on the Facebook review. That was epic!
Back to topic. The OP never touched on the subject of additional discounts. I think it would have been dirty to pull the rug out from under a customer that asked for an additional discount. However, if the dealership says "no" sorry, roll with it. To them your buying a LE car and they can find someone else to buy it. Never mention the after sale survey about a car before you buy it. Jeez.
*Takes A Bow* - :)

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
So, looking forward to the time when the GT350 is actually order-able/buy-able, which dealerships in the MD/DC/VA area are most likely to not be putting the screws to potential customers? I recall Grimace said good things about Ted Britt Ford and another person said good things about one of the big dealerships up near Baltimore (the name escapes me). Any others that folks might recommend?

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
So, looking forward to the time when the GT350 is actually order-able/buy-able, which dealerships in the MD/DC/VA area are most likely to not be putting the screws to potential customers? I recall Grimace said good things about Ted Britt Ford and another person said good things about one of the big dealerships up near Baltimore (the name escapes me). Any others that folks might recommend?

Koons Silver Spring. A part of the Koons group, but after dealing with a few different ones, the silver spring dealer is by far the best Customer service. They took damn good care of me even after I bought the car with warranty work, and I typically hate dealerships/service departments with a burning passion. They put me in a rental with a repeat problem even though I dont have a warranty that has a loaner car. For this experience, order process has been excellent...they put my order as priority 10, then got Ford to bump it to priority 1. Update me exactly the day they promise and they respond quickly (im also being very curteous). Couldnt ask for anything more knowing the delay is with production.
Sponsored