TKM built coyote motors

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
Wow!!!. I will be on E but I like to daily the car at times. I like to drive the car to Mustang week in SC about a 2 1/2 3 hour drive from me. So I guess I'll have a 93 tune and a E85 tune.
Yes, with the larger pullies, that's what I have too, 93 and E85 tuneups.
Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Yes, with the larger pullies, that's what I have too, 93 and E85 tuneups.
Do you run the car all the way until Empty when you want to re fuel with E85? Or do you have your tuner send you a log to pump all of the fuel out through the fuel rails? I heard running the car all the way until Empty can harm the fuel pumps?

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
Do you run the car all the way until Empty when you want to re fuel with E85? Or do you have your tuner send you a log to pump all of the fuel out through the fuel rails? I heard running the car all the way until Empty can harm the fuel pumps?
I really only go back and forth in the spring coming out and late fall before storage (Wisconsin winters....)
For my 18 GT I run it as low as possible naturally and then pump in the other fuel ( I also have a pump drain tune or hotwire the pumps). For that next tankful I just take it easier knowing there is some mix (my OCD)
For my Fox Swap car, I drain it fully to make sure there's no mix.
But yes, regularly running your fuel level extremely low, heats the pumps as they use the fuel to cool.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Just my 2c, but I donā€™t know anyone in my area that have a 1000 whp mustang that is reliable. My definition of reliable is must be able to driven daily and last at least 30k miles.
Second, I heard that sleeves built motor require new sleeves after like 3 years, so it will cost a few thousand for that.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Just my 2c, but I donā€™t know anyone in my area that have a 1000 whp mustang that is reliable. My definition of reliable is must be able to driven daily and last at least 30k miles.
Second, I heard that sleeves built motor require new sleeves after like 3 years, so it will cost a few thousand for that.
What!!! After 3 years.. I might as well just throw some rods and pistions in here and call it a day. The reason I wanted to go with sleeves is so I don't ever have to go back in the bottom end again.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
What!!! After 3 years.. I might as well just throw some rods and pistions in here and call it a day. The reason I wanted to go with sleeves is so I don't ever have to go back in the bottom end again.
Like I said, I heard that is the case, so you should ask the engine builders about it

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Donā€™t expect any 2618 pistons to last 30k in a daily driver. There should be no reason to replace the sleeves after 3years. You might need to bore the cylinders due to early wear but the sleeves should be good for a few rebuilds. I would look for a 4032 forged piston for a daily driver. They donā€™t need as much ptw clearance so they donā€™t have piston slap during cold start. Thatā€™s going to save your cylinders a lot of wear

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Donā€™t expect any 2618 pistons to last 30k in a daily driver. There should be no reason to replace the sleeves after 3years. You might need to bore the cylinders due to early wear but the sleeves should be good for a few rebuilds. I would look for a 4032 forged piston for a daily driver. They donā€™t need as much ptw clearance so they donā€™t have piston slap during cold start. Thatā€™s going to save your cylinders a lot of wear
Can a 4032 forged pistion handle alot of boost without failure? Can a 4032 pistion handle a 1000whp? I know the 2618 pistions have a greater ability to absorb abuse.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Can a 4032 forged pistion handle alot of boost without failure? Can a 4032 pistion handle a 1000whp? I know the 2618 pistions have a greater ability to absorb abuse.
A stock piston can make 1000 whp without a problem. Itā€™s the rings that causes piston failure. But yes a 4032 will have no trouble at 1000whp or 1400whp if you tune it right you will have no problem. Tune in wrong and 2618ā€™s wonā€™t help you
Sponsored