Sponsored

Tips on how to control yourself when people try to race you?

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
I ignore them. Signal light goes on slowly pull to shoulder of road give them road ahead a go by me. Eventually they become good parts cars to someone else.

Being much older now and maintaining a full competition license and a vintage license over the years allows me the privilege to track with those whom I've come to know appreciate and respect.

There's very little upside in stupid.
Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot resist and will not. Even on my bike, people are worse I think, trying to prove how fast they can go. Never back down.. :crackup:

SBPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6, 1993 Probe GT
I've had more nissans and G35-type cars try and mess with me lol.
Those are closer to my level. I chose the V6 to replace my Mazda 626 V6 daily driver because I know how much trouble I would be in if I got the GT. I can just let V8 cars drive on by, no chance so don't have to bother(except the Dodge 5.7's).

I had two Dodge Chargers and one Chrysler 300 racing through traffic this morning. They tried to get me involved but I just let them go. Still ended up next to them at the same light 4 miles later when I turned.

But on the way home I noticed a G35/G37 behind me and he caught up. We drove for a few miles in traffic, and construction just cruising and trading places. But the last mile before I had to turn, the car in front of us moved over and it was a wide open road. He took off so I decided to give chase(I was waiting for him). From 2 cars back I reeled him in by the end of second gear. Shifted to third and I was next to him. I let off and he let off and we cruised until I turned. Just a friendly short run, no need to go any further, the outcome was already decided. No need to go barreling down the road 120+ mph because "I HAVE TO WIN!"

I Just let the crazy people go by, let them get away from me. If it appears to be safe and it's a good match up then I might go. I always let them make the first move.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I just ignore them. I’m not into racing down a street and getting speeding tickets. i still beat on my car but just don’t do high speeds … most of the time : )

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
No one has challenged me…ever. Guess I just don’t attract morons lol.
You are driving a GT500, I wouldn't mess with you either :blush:
Your time will come, be patient.

Sponsored

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
It's been like this with lots of vehicles I've owned.

When I had my Yamaha R1, lancers and civics with fart cans would want to "race" me, meanwhile I knew that unless they had more than the cost of the car in engine work, they would never have a chance. If they revved their engines at a red light, I would rev mine as well, and then watch them f*ck off when the light went green and I would find another way to my destination.

Just let them be idiots, is my motto.,
I have a hard time on the bike to not show them the business. Very few things around come close to a 9 second two wheeler.

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
since im older now i dont race much if at all. occasionally i will get the prat in the porsche matching my speed and keeping a car length in front. what i find helpful is giving them a slight tap on the rear qtr panel. usually takes the wind out of their sails as they 360 or 540.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
IF I did anything stupid in terms of street racing at my age, my wife would beat me like a yard dog :cwl:
She got a kick out of the last event when the audi kid said...hey you want to go....she said I should have just asked...go where? :cwl:
You need a new wife.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I throw a big enough gap on them real quick, most of the time they give me the wave or the finger and leave me alone. I had some girl and maybe the boy she was babysitting surging beside me in her mini van, so I punch it and the look on the little boys face was priceless. It was like he was seeing his first puppy he was shits and giggles, the babysitter was thumbs up and laughing. Sometimes people just want to see or hear what you got

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Ugh, lth, full 3" ex, 91mm tb, QA1 cf ds, full stop the hop, front end bracing, ford magneride perf pack, plus more mods on my Bullitt, on Lund E85 tune...

It's tough. I dont endanger people, or shoulder pass. If you had to shoulder pass you were second, can't brake, or def an asshole proving your doucheness.

Once in awhile, the stars align, and I get a few safe runs in with a reasonable car enthusiast. No need to be inside someones ass, no snow plowing, just wait until it's all clear, either line up or pass together. Its just smooth, we have laughs, nobody gets hurt. Thats ideal.

Happens .001 percent. Rest are shitboxes, ricers, idiots, and slow as fuck Dodge owners.

Fuck them all, conditions are good, suck my burnt corn.

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
It's tough. I dont endanger people, or shoulder pass. If you had to shoulder pass you were second, can't brake, or def an asshole proving your doucheness.

Once in awhile, the stars align, and I get a few safe runs in with a reasonable car enthusiast. No need to be inside someones ass, no snow plowing, just wait until it's all clear, either line up or pass together. Its just smooth, we have laughs, nobody gets hurt. Thats ideal.

Happens .001 percent. Rest are shitboxes, ricers, idiots, and slow as fuck Dodge owners.

Fuck them all, conditions are good, suck my burnt corn.
Amen to this.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I always tell myself "I am not getting a ticket over a Dodge!",
It's always some jerk-off in a 392 or Hellcat who can't mind their own business.
Sponsored