Tip: Instant Sound Improvement on Shaker Stereo

foxeli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elijah
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Premium Convertible, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I was surprised by how much the nine speaker Shaker system kind of.. sucked. And the rear speakers are useless.

But, after playing with the EQ settings, and changing the Occupancy Mode from All Seats to Driver, I noticed an immediate improvement.

I can switch the modes back and forth and hear a major difference in sound quality between them.

There’s less of that hollow noise, and I swear my center speaker fires in Driver mode - but not the other. Have any of you guys noticed this difference too?
DA4EE4BC-7FC0-4A9B-8F30-E3D2FA8E6017.jpeg
Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I think what your experiencing is the difference between absolute shit and just plain crappy. I agree after changing the settings as you did, it sounds better. Then I hop into my Kia Sportage with nothing special in the dash and I'm reminded just how suck ass the Mustang sound system is!

TigerStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Need to try this, as I was also thinking the sound from that many speakers should be better. Then again, I have a Boral Cat back exhaust and that sound is hard to beat!

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I have the B&O 12 speaker setup and hate it, even my wife thinks it sucks.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
In the past, I used to upgrade the audio system not long after I got the car (or truck), on my last truck, it had the my ford touch system and I patched in a 4 channel amp and a sub amp, an audio control crossover, line driver, and eq and much better speakers. All in I spent over 3K on audio equipment. Now i'm done with that, the exhaust is the only music I need, especially with long tube headers.
Sponsored