Tiny door dings

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
My 2016 Police Utility had lots of little dings when I got it, including a substantial one in the hood. Local PDR got 'em all out. Only had to drill one hole...in every other location he was able to access. Huge improvement.

Then, driving on 95, a truck threw something up that hit just above the windshield. Missed the glass (which frankly would have been a preferred hit). This was a good hit that chipped the paint and made a big ding to the sheet metal. Back to the PDR guy who surprised me. He removed the driver's side visor clip and worked through the screw hole to remove the dent.

These guys can be artists and worth every penny of what they charge. My advice.

I'd bet the small ding circled in the photo is from the stamping of the panel. My former SHO had some odd (what I'll call) undulations from the stampings, as does the Mustang.

OP
OP
tomservo92

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My former SHO had some odd (what I'll call) undulations from the stampings, as does the Mustang.
There actually three identical dents all in a row within the circle. I don't think it's from the stampings.

What year SHO? I had a '95 and I still have fond memories of it. I only got rid of it because parts were scarce and expensive. I wish I still had a pic of it.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
There actually three identical dents all in a row within the circle. I don't think it's from the stampings.

What year SHO? I had a '95 and I still have fond memories of it. I only got rid of it because parts were scarce and expensive. I wish I still had a pic of it.
I'm sure you're correct, hard to tell in photos.

I had a 2018 I traded on the Mustang.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tomservo92

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure you're correct, hard to tell in photos.

I had a 2018 I traded on the Mustang.
Ah. So you didn't have one with the Yamaha V6 and the "bed of snakes" intake manifold. That was a great little engine.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ah. So you didn't have one with the Yamaha V6 and the "bed of snakes" intake manifold. That was a great little engine.
Nope...a friend did in the day. Funny part was..his keys opened my Bronco and my keys opened his SHO.