Sponsored

Time for DP

Clover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory 5 1965 Shelby Daytona Replica in progress, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2017 Nissan Leaf(gasp)
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering a EB Mustang that has a full exhaust system on it which I would need to return to stock to pass emissions. In the past when I have done downpipes, they have always been a PITA without much room to work and seized bolts that are as likely sheer as loosen up. However, the EB Mustang seems to have a lot more room then what I have worked with in the past and I was thinking that it might not be too bad to work on. How long does it take a chump in his home garage to do a downpipe? Anything I should be aware? Are there any aftermarket catted downpipes that will actually pass emissions? I have tried one in the past on another car and still failed, so I am inclined to just go back to stock for emissions and then back to aftermarket after the test if the work is not too bad. The car seems to be pretty much full bolt ons, Will I need a tune after removing the exhaust to pass emissions, could I just use a base Cobb map, or should I just go all the way back to stock for emissions? Thanks for the help everyone. I want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into.
Sponsored

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
I am a chump and it took me a couple of days to install a catless downpipe on my car because I stripped one of the O2 sensors (the upstream one) on the stock downpipe while trying to remove it (had to wait three days for new o2 sensors). If nothing went wrong on my install that day, it would have only been a two to three hour job.

Your car with any sort of aftermarket downpipe (catted or catless) will most likely fail emissions, it would be a major pain in the butt having to remove and install over and over. Honestly if I was in a state that is tough on emission laws like CA I wouldn't have even bothered with an Ecoboost Mustang, a car that has to be modified in order to get to the level of "fast". I don't mean to be blunt but If I have to tell the truth to help a fellow person out, I will do so.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I am considering a EB Mustang that has a full exhaust system on it which I would need to return to stock to pass emissions. In the past when I have done downpipes, they have always been a PITA without much room to work and seized bolts that are as likely sheer as loosen up. However, the EB Mustang seems to have a lot more room then what I have worked with in the past and I was thinking that it might not be too bad to work on. How long does it take a chump in his home garage to do a downpipe? Anything I should be aware? Are there any aftermarket catted downpipes that will actually pass emissions? I have tried one in the past on another car and still failed, so I am inclined to just go back to stock for emissions and then back to aftermarket after the test if the work is not too bad. The car seems to be pretty much full bolt ons, Will I need a tune after removing the exhaust to pass emissions, could I just use a base Cobb map, or should I just go all the way back to stock for emissions? Thanks for the help everyone. I want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into.
I've done the install in my driveway, took me 40 minuets. Trying to bend the heat shield properly took me a good 20 minuets alone tho but I am a perfectionist. Give me a call here at tel:1.877.253.8425. I'll get you taken care of on a downpipe for your car and answer any questions you have.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
I've done the install in my driveway, took me 40 minuets. Trying to bend the heat shield properly took me a good 20 minuets alone tho but I am a perfectionist. Give me a call here at tel:1.877.253.8425. I'll get you taken care of on a downpipe for your car and answer any questions you have.
You had to bend the heat shield? Was it because of a rattle potential?

Sponsored

Black9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have a catted CVF catted downpipe, great product,easy install...I still have the stock resonator with axle back mufflers which gives(to me anyway) perfect balance of sound. I believe it took me about 45 minutes for install and fit was spot on.

bubber55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Put in the CVFab catted dp this weekend. Those damn turbo bolts can go straight to hell. Other than that, straightforward install, took me about 90 min total.

And the CVFab dp is of top top top quality, cannot recommend it enough.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
If you use an O2 spacer on the downstream sensor and you have a catted downpipe, you can pass an emissions test.
I did it several times and all I did was put the stock tune back and do a drive cycle to get all the monitors ready.

Does your state do a tailpipe sniff or an OBD test?

This is what I used:

Spacer......
Sponsored