CAI with DP

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Kinda sad the car only picked up 2hp with the tune.. Lol.
It's sad but it has way more top end horsepower. The curve looks better. And it's only on 91 octane.
Sponsored

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Ah ok. Im running 93. So glad i live in a state that has 93 everywhere!! Lol

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
am I missing something

According to this...

the car made 247hp, 315lbft of torque with just a tune..
and 263/318 with the tune + downpipe...

According to this

The car made 269hp, 335lbft with a tune & downpipe
and 295/375 with tune, downpipe and intercooler...

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
What about it?

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Unless you meant It only picked up 2hp from a tune from stock lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sponsored

mizer67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, please
am I missing something

According to this...

the car made 247hp, 315lbft of torque with just a tune..
and 263/318 with the tune + downpipe...

According to this

The car made 269hp, 335lbft with a tune & downpipe
and 295/375 with tune, downpipe and intercooler...
What I find odd is that Unleashed Tuning made those kinds of numbers with "just a tune", and here, they're (ATP's) showing similar numbers with full bolt ons and Cobb's stage 1 tune.

Caveat being different cars, different dynos, different days, not real world, delta under the curve etc. but it still seems conservative. I would think there might be more in the car with these mods than the Stage 1 tune is adapting to at this time.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I don't think that dyno numbers are something you should judge something by. I think the important thing is to use the same dyno, if possible.

Also, Cobb's tunes are definitely more conservative. I remapped car with the above mods will likely make more power -- however, it's probably overall drivability that will be improved more than likely.
:)

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I don't think that dyno numbers are something you should judge something by. I think the important thing is to use the same dyno, if possible.

Also, Cobb's tunes are definitely more conservative. I remapped car with the above mods will likely make more power -- however, it's probably overall drivability that will be improved more than likely.
:)
Yea I think this is why Cobb pretty much refused to take theirs to the track

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
What I find odd is that Unleashed Tuning made those kinds of numbers with "just a tune", and here, they're (ATP's) showing similar numbers with full bolt ons and Cobb's stage 1 tune.

Caveat being different cars, different dynos, different days, not real world, delta under the curve etc. but it still seems conservative. I would think there might be more in the car with these mods than the Stage 1 tune is adapting to at this time.
Stage one does not take into account those mods. It will work, and obviously make more power with them, but it is not representative of a proper OTS map for those modifications. That doesn't really matter though, because of what the OTS maps are.

Unleashed Tuning provides specifically calibrated tunes on a car by car basis. An OTS tune is a literal "This will work, without failure, on every single car it is uploaded to, in all climates, provided that car is in proper running condition." The tune could be more aggressive, but it doesn't need to be because that isn't what the Cobb tunes are about.

Anybody running an OTS tune as their final tune is leaving quite a bit on the table. They are great interim tunes while you are still modifying you car. They are even vastly superior to stock. They will never make as much power nor be as efficient as a custom tune and they are not supposed to. Anybody who is attempting to compare the numbers of a Cobb OTS tune to what Torrie is doing is severely misinformed at what those tunes are about.

What should happen(if you go with Cobb), is that you buy the AP -> flash appropriate OTS map for mods -> choose a tuner that uses the AP/ATR when ready. You do not need a custom tune if you're running an OTS map, but why not finish the job.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I talked to several of the bigger tuners. I settled on Torrie because I knew he would work with me and permit me to try things. He also gets right back to you, which I like. I am not interested in waiting days or even weeks for someone to revise my tune. I am not interested in OTS stuff.

Mike

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco

COBB is a more conservative tuner but they also uses 91 octane instead of 93 octane like unleashed.
Sponsored