Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Catax, did you ever get your car fixed? My car does the samething. The dealer is telling me its normal.
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
27,000 miles and mine does it too. I can only hear it while sitting up against a wall like a drive through window at a fast food joint.
EDIT: This is a different tick than the bbq I had when it was new. As mentioned, this one sounds like a lifter or rocker arm tap in an old pushrod motor. Wondering if it's timing chain slap.

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Just FYI my motor blew up at 5,500 miles. Ticking is legit a problem

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Will it be covered under warranty?

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Will it be covered under warranty?
Yeah my car was covered but I didn't tune it. If it had tuned it, forget about it.

Ford could have saved a motor if they had taken the time to look at mine instead of saying it's characteristic.

Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I have the same noise, and its concerning.

It seems to have developed after the first 1K miles and gotten louder and louder. Im at about ~3500 miles now.

Most apparent on warm starts and increases with RPM. I hate going to the dealer but I might have to..

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Yeah my car was covered but I didn't tune it. If it had tuned it, forget about it.

Ford could have saved a motor if they had taken the time to look at mine instead of saying it's characteristic.
Don't you love that universal bullshit answer? Or normal for this platform. No tune here so I'll just blow it up.

SeTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mine makes the same noise, under load 1500-2300 rpm or neutral with a slow rev to the previously stated rpm range. I have a cat back installed, I've went over it all and it's snug. Was also told its normal. 2016 GT with 16,000 Miles.

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Mine was constant, did not increase or decrease under any situation. Not nearly as loud as some of the BBQ tick videos on youtube. You could really only hear mine when you were next to a car or building - it'd drive you insane.

Sponsored

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I only hear my rattle when the car is cold (mornings, after work) and under load accelerating around 2500 rpm. When the car is warm I can not duplicate it, If the car is in neutral, Nothing. The engine tech at the ford dealer said that the gt has a two piece exhaust with a pipe inside another pipe that can cause the sound at certain conditions. I think he is talking about the cat built into the left side header. Sounds like BS to me. 15,000 miles on the car, resonator deleted, h-pipe, stock mufflers. I took the car to a local performance shop and nothing found again, engine was warm. I am going to a dyno day this weekend for a local mustang club, so I will talk to some other s550 guys. Atlanta S550 has a meeting at the end of the month, I will be there too, looking for advice. I'm willing to put LTHs on the car but I have to be sure I'm not throwing good money after bad. I have a dyno run video that I think captures the sound. I'll try to post a link. 400bhp/376tq

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Different angle, better quality @ 30 - 37 seconds is the noise

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I only hear my rattle when the car is cold (mornings, after work) and under load accelerating around 2500 rpm. When the car is warm I can not duplicate it, If the car is in neutral, Nothing. The engine tech at the ford dealer said that the gt has a two piece exhaust with a pipe inside another pipe that can cause the sound at certain conditions.
It's possible your sound is from the exhaust system if you can only hear it under very unique conditions. Is it different at 2500 RPM if you are barely accelerating vs having the throttle wide open? The amount of exhaust gas flowing at that particular RPM could set off some kind of weird sound harmonics.

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, If I take it slowly there is no noise, only harder acceleration. The problem is that it happens every time and it is very very loud. Last weekend leaving a car show was very embarrassing. I even let the car warm up for 5 minutes. I really think its the left CAT, but to spend $2k+ on new LTHs and exhaust and be wrong would really suck.
Sponsored