Sponsored

Tickford S550 - 536 hp/466 lb/ft....from a tune!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mind you, 375kw=510hp on just a tune is still not bad (especially as it’s not on the corn)
Actually closer to 500 but I still don't buy it for a second. Even though they recommend 98 octane fuel, a 50 HP increase at the flywheel (let's just use 510 horsepower for a moment though because that's a common number) is a bullshit claim. It takes long tubes, PMAS intake, and a 93 octane tune to hit those types of numbers.

A typical Lund E85 tune on a manual GT usually nets about 30 RWHP more from baseline. Who you gonna trust more? Guys who race the piss out of Mustangs again and again and again or some home boys from God knows where just throwing out claims with zero video, zero dyno pulls, zero 1320 slips?
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Actually closer to 500 but I still don't buy it for a second. Even though they recommend 98 octane fuel, a 50 HP increase at the flywheel (let's just use 510 horsepower for a moment though because that's a common number) is a bullshit claim. It takes long tubes, PMAS intake, and a 93 octane tune to hit those types of numbers.

A typical Lund E85 tune on a manual GT usually nets about 30 RWHP more from baseline. Who you gonna trust more? Guys who race the piss out of Mustangs again and again and again or some home boys from God knows where just throwing out claims with zero video, zero dyno pulls, zero 1320 slips?
That’s 98 RON. You guys would call that 92 (or thereabouts).
Also worth bearing in mind that the Aussie car makes 339kw from factory (the headers are junk).
So, they’re talking about a 61kw increase (80hp).
Please contain your laughter. :clap:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT

375kw = 502.883bhp, but since you guys work in hp it’s why I used the Kw to hp conversion of 1kw = 1.359hp (or 509.858hp).

Anyway, would be lovely if true. Maybe a a wake up call for the usual group of tuners (apparently Tickford did some radically different tuning to achieve this). Would like to see independent dyno results though

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Maybe a a wake up call for the usual group of tuners (apparently Tickford did some radically different tuning to achieve this).

That would imply the popular tuners today are sleeping which in reality they are pushing each other to find the limits(and sometimes exceeding them) both on the street and track/strip.

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
That would imply the popular tuners today are sleeping which in reality they are pushing each other to find the limits(and sometimes exceeding them) both on the street and track/strip.
True, however maybe someone is doing something different to what they are used to and they can learn something new from this (maybe)

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
True, however maybe someone is doing something different to what they are used to and they can learn something new from this (maybe)

Lying? That would definitely be different than what the big boys are used to that's for damn sure.....

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I’m selling my custom tune for 2018+ GTs dynoed at 540whp. You can trust me I know more than the tuners that tune these cars and did something different!

When you think about to though this tune isn’t really impressive. For $50 I can get an eBay chip and make 150+ more whp plus gain 15mpg. Couple that with a throttle body spacer and who knows what numbers you could hit.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Have you seen their dyno chart? It shows the car on the stock tune making peak power at 5500RPM, then plunging immediately after that. There are so many weird things and weird claims about this that you’d have to be at least healthily skeptical.

Even better, still no real world or third party results after all this time.
Sponsored