njudd921

njudd921

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG GT PP
I've noticed the ticking in my TB for sometime, just haven't gotten around to replacing it. I do see the surging at idle on e85 im sure it happens on 93 but seems more prevalent on e85.. The afr and short term fuel trims pretty much go up for a brief moment then comes back down.

I have the 18 manifold and lu 47s on my car.

Just curious how many miles does your car have?
24000. I haven’t check my trims, but the afr definitely goes up. Mine is very rhythmic.
Sponsored

Nconsalo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Stock. I ordered the GT350 manifold from American muscle and while it was on the way both Bama and Unleashed tuning said it doesn't work well with the car and has hesitation issues so I ordered the Ford oem. (I use unleashed, I just wanted bama to run the ghost cam tune for fun).

Do you run E85? It seems to be much worse on e85 and im wondering if the injectors should in fact be upgraded. I know a lot of people say on the 17s as long as you don't change the intake manifold they are fine, but it just makes me wonder if they aren't able to keep up with consumption on e85.
i run only 93, I have lund tune with a ngauge and a pmas air intake with stock Intake manifold and for exhaust it’s corsa xtreme catback, and for some reason the clicking noise started right after a oil change probably a coincidence.
I think I’m going to buy a gt350 throttle with the adapter plate it’s only like $235.

OP
OP
njudd921

njudd921

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG GT PP
i run only 93, I have lund tune with a ngauge and a pmas air intake with stock Intake manifold and for exhaust it’s corsa xtreme catback, and for some reason the clicking noise started right after a oil change probably a coincidence.
I think I’m going to buy a gt350 throttle with the adapter plate it’s only like $235.
I just sent the gt350 throttle body and adapter back without even installing it. 2 tuners told me not to install it because of drivability issues and hesitation. Saw a couple reviews that confirmed this.

The ticking after the Oil change might be the infamous bbq tick. Mine did that last weekend as well after changing the oil. Come to find out it’s common, an oil additive like ceratec will take care of that. Mine went away instantly.

The throttle body tick was every 5-6 seconds at idle and you could yell clear as day it was coming from the throttle body with your ear by it.

bruhaum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT 6MT Premium
Hey njudd921, were you able to fix that rhythmic surge? I’m having the same issue with my car right now.

Chadly9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chadly
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hey njudd921, were you able to fix that rhythmic surge? I’m having the same issue with my car right now.
Having the same issue. Have you had any luck resolving the issue?

Sponsored

bruhaum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT 6MT Premium

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
bump….this exactly what mine is doing

surging slightly
AFR guage wacko
F’ing ticking from TB

grabbed a low middle used one of eBay and it does exact same thing

battery is sorta old
But holds 12.7 sitting for weeks

help?

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I just sent the gt350 throttle body and adapter back without even installing it. 2 tuners told me not to install it because of drivability issues and hesitation. Saw a couple reviews that confirmed this.

The ticking after the Oil change might be the infamous bbq tick. Mine did that last weekend as well after changing the oil. Come to find out it’s common, an oil additive like ceratec will take care of that. Mine went away instantly.

The throttle body tick was every 5-6 seconds at idle and you could yell clear as day it was coming from the throttle body with your ear by it.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So, is a new throttle body the fix?

It's not Mustang related, but my co-workers 2015 F150 5.0 has the same clicking issue with the throttle body and it's loud. No codes, no idle problems or surging but throttle body clicks loud and he can even hear it in the cab. Drives him crazy.

Thanks
Sponsored