Sponsored

Thoughts on this 2020 non-R

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I've been following this listing on a 2020 non-R that has been for sale since June. The dealer finally lowered the price to where it feels like it's a decent deal. I am a bit apprehensive about the selling dealer since a used car dealer. I like the fact that the carfax shows that it's a 1 owner vehicle, and the bumper-to-bumper still has 2 years left on it. https://www.carluxlax.com/vehicle-d...-gt350-coupe-36ab2c9e8256c1468db2dc44026330e0

Here's the carfax as well: https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=amg_1&vin=1fa6p8jz7l5551766

What do y'all think about this?
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I dont see much that would dissuade me from purchasing. Seems like a high end used car dealer and the only thing on the car fax of any concern is the AC

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Thatā€™s a pretty decent price. I wouldnā€™t be to concerned about whoā€˜s selling it. Do your dilgence and have it inspected if your not comfortable doing it. Most importantly I would check the in service date. It looks like the bumper to bumper is still in place. For peace of mind Iā€™d probably buy a Ford ESP. There very reasonable on cost and you can do it on your own after you purchase the car. Thereā€™s several dealers online that sell the plans and much less then most local dealers. You can pick your mileage and timeframe. Hereā€™s a link. Iā€™d ask to see if the owners box is included and if it was ordered with the cover as well. Best of luck.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/process/plans.aspx?type=primary

If the splitter is damaged have them replace it. Not bad on the non-r model.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I've been following this listing on a 2020 non-R that has been for sale since June. The dealer finally lowered the price to where it feels like it's a decent deal. I am a bit apprehensive about the selling dealer since a used car dealer. I like the fact that the carfax shows that it's a 1 owner vehicle, and the bumper-to-bumper still has 2 years left on it. https://www.carluxlax.com/vehicle-d...-gt350-coupe-36ab2c9e8256c1468db2dc44026330e0

Here's the carfax as well: https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=amg_1&vin=1fa6p8jz7l5551766

What do y'all think about this?
-Front left splitter damage.

-Calipers have been painted and are dirty (not a big deal but itā€™s not as durable as factory powder cost.)

-I see some white marks on the inside of the stripes. Not sure if thatā€™s wax, adhesive spilling out, or whatā€¦.

- The alcantara looks rough and matted down, particularly on the steering wheel. You might be able to use alcantara clearner and clean it upā€¦. But maybe not.

- I flew for a used car dealer when I was in college and would help him out at auctions. One of the things he taught me was to look at the tires on a used car. If someone puts cheap tires on their car, they might have cheaped out during other maintenance or general care. Typically, people who put OEM or better tires on their car are less concerned with the cost and more concerned with taking good care of their vehicle.

The car has Pirelliā€™s which might be a great tire, but theyā€™re the pz4 tire in the 295 size, which is cheap and is being discontinued.

Iā€™d probably pass, but thatā€™s just me.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I wouldnā€™t wait to long on your decision.
Someone here will snatch that up right underneath you.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
A few days ago I did a search as Iā€™m thinking I may sell my ā€˜19 GT350 when we move to Wyoming. Asking prices for my ā€˜19 are still pretty high. Donā€™t know what they are actually selling for but 63K sounds pretty good, especially with the factory warranty in place.
The splitter is an easy fix. Iā€™m even thinking of buying one just to have a spareā€¦.cheap right now.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
THE ADVERTISED PRICE IS NOT INCLUDING ANY AFTER MARKET WHEELS, TINT, ACCESSORIES, PRE-INSTALLED THEFT DETERRENT DEVICES, DOC PREP FEES, SMOG FEE, SALES TAX, DOOR EDGE PROTECTION , DMV LICENSE FEES, REGISTRATION FEES, SMOG CERTIFICATE FEE , ETCH (THEFT PROTECTION ) , EXTENDED WARRANTY , GAP INSURANCE **

Looked at a car for our son over the summer with a good online advertised price. When we test drove it the actual price came out to be thousands more because of "mandatory" doc fees, etching, and paint sealant or something like that. Just be prepared for that possibility if you go look at it.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
-Front left splitter damage.

-Calipers have been painted and are dirty (not a big deal but itā€™s not as durable as factory powder cost.)

-I see some white marks on the inside of the stripes. Not sure if thatā€™s wax, adhesive spilling out, or whatā€¦.

- The alcantara looks rough and matted down, particularly on the steering wheel. You might be able to use alcantara clearner and clean it upā€¦. But maybe not.

- I flew for a used car dealer when I was in college and would help him out at auctions. One of the things he taught me was to look at the tires on a used car. If someone puts cheap tires on their car, they might have cheaped out during other maintenance or general care. Typically, people who put OEM or better tires on their car are less concerned with the cost and more concerned with taking good care of their vehicle.

The car has Pirelliā€™s which might be a great tire, but theyā€™re the pz4 tire in the 295 size, which is cheap and is being discontinued.

Iā€™d probably pass, but thatā€™s just me.
^^^ this guy

P85596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That is a great price for that car. Auction value is $61,210, wholesale is $68,399 and retail is $70,202.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Booboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2020 PB GT350
Looks like it's lowered, nice. The brake calipers look like they have the bemaro sticker kit on them, can be removed. With that mileage for a 2020 you they are probably highway miles so that is a plus, and also no engine problems. Looks like there was some shifter work done on it since the area around the shifter is a little banged up. Stripes have been modified to look like the R's stripes, nice.

Roughed up splitter is a non-issue. Great price. I'd say take it on an extended test drive and depending on how that goes scoop it up before it's gone or you'll be regretting.

Hobdul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2022 Volvo V60 Polestar
OP, good luck with the GT350 hunt. It's a great model year (has all the incremental changes to suspension and engine over the course of the production run) and looks nice from these photos, but an in-person viewing and drive is certainly a good idea.

Some comments:
- I'm guessing this was used as a daily driver if 15K miles put on it in one year. How is the front-end paint? Nicks and the like from freeway stone chips? I can't tell from the photos.
- Does this have OEM springs? Maybe it's just the photo, but seems like it sits lower than my GT350
- It's a handling package car given the Gurney flap. Any word on whether camber plates are installed or in the trunk?
- Interior generally looks great, although shift knob is very beat up--surprising for one year/15K miles
- Nicks in the brace bar under the hood? Not sure how that would happen unless you have a really careless dealer tech.
- Agreed with @Inthehighdesert that you should have them replace the splitter before delivery rather than you bearing the $500 parts cost (although maybe you just want them to give you a new splitter in the trunk to install later, given that, from what I have seen on forum threads here, the splitters are mis-installed fairly often)
- @Mikepol2 is right about the dealer upcharge BS. The listing says "All of our cars are pre-loaded with (Etch , theft deterrent ) call dealer for more info" and then says that price doesn't include this. The last two cars I've bought, I've had to wrestle with the dealer about this garbage body panel etching for theft deterrence. They want to add $1K to $2K to the price for this, and when you push back, they say "Sorry, we've already done it, you have to pay it." And they try to slip it into the final price calc after you think you've gotten to the final price with them. On one vehicle, I got them to waive it because I was willing to walk away (and this was in December 2020, so not during the craziest market), and on the other, I just ate it because it was a custom order that I had waited six months for.

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
That's within a few k of what my brother sold his 350R for this summer to get a 500.

I think it's wildly overpriced... maybe 50-55 tops if you have to have it.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sorry, but if your brother sold his R that cheap, thatā€™s on him. That was a really bad decision. That price is actually low for a 20. 19ā€™s, low miles are mid 60ā€™s. Just sold my 20, low miles, was above msrp quite a bit. What hurts that car is it hasnā€™t been properly prepped for sale. Fix the splitter, shifter, and have it detailed. But that stuff can be used to get the price down Iā€™m sure.

That's within a few k of what my brother sold his 350R for this summer to get a 500.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)

What year/mileage was the R?
50-55 tops? Not reality bud.
Sponsored