Thoughts on Borla Exhaust S-Type Cat Back with AE

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I have a 19 PP1 GT 6 Speed with a Roush CAI and Roush Tune, 3.73 Rear. MGW shifter and a lot of Steeda Suspension Mods. Mostly into running twisty roads with some WOT rolling pulls.

This is my fun project car. Looking at the Borla Mustang GT 2018-2020 Cat-Back™ Active Exhaust S-Type part # 140742BC with resonator.

For those that have gone the Borla S type or Atak Cat backs route, what are your thoughts?

Did adding this system affect low end torque? Anyone dyno before/after install? What does the Butt Dyno say and the just plain fun meter?

Thanks
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I have the S Type and love it! I’d skip the resonator and see how you like it with the supplied x-pipe first. It’s noticeably louder than stock but nothing too extreme. Quiet mode still quiets it down quite a bit. The tone is definitely deeper than before also.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Hey,

We're having a sale on that product and have it in stock ready to ship.

Contact us for pricing! Sale ends this week.

Feel free to text us.

-Josh

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has x pipe and no active exhaust (17), it’s pretty loud. My stereo is upgraded and has 2 10” woofers coming off an Alpine PDX600-1 amp, and it’s pretty useless in town because of the exhaust volume, interstate or cruising it’s great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hadelson

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Borla S-Type Cat Back with Active Exhaust and resonator. Thanks for all the feedback

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
2018 with AE, and I am running the Borla S type cat back with the included Borla X pipe and love the sound, no loss of power IMO, zero drone and I get lots of compliments on how good my exhaust sounds (but if I were to do it again I would go with the ATAK)

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
2018 with AE, and I am running the Borla S type cat back with the included Borla X pipe and love the sound, no loss of power IMO, zero drone and I get lots of compliments on how good my exhaust sounds (but if I were to do it again I would go with the ATAK)
Do you have a pic of how the exhaust tips line up in the rear valence? I don’t think the dealer mounted the mine correctly.

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
Do you have a pic of how the exhaust tips line up in the rear valence? I don’t think the dealer mounted the mine correctly.
I don't but will
I did go to the dealer to check my install as I could not get the tips (have the black carbon fiber) centered in the valance openings and neither could they. Mine are closer to the middle of the car on both sides but level

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I don't but will
I did go to the dealer to check my install as I could not get the tips (have the black carbon fiber) centered in the valance openings and neither could they. Mine are closer to the middle of the car on both sides but level
Same here. They look more centered in some of the install videos I’ve seen but those were for the non active versions.

Sponsored

Fjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT fastback
I ordered the Borla S-Type Cat Back with Active Exhaust and resonator. Thanks for all the feedback
Did you install this setup? If so, how do you like it?
I put a Steeda H-pipe on my stock active exhaust, and while I love the tone, it's a bit loud for my wife/neighbors. I've loved the s-type sound in the past, I'm considering this exact setup.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I put a Steeda H-pipe on my stock active exhaust, and while I love the tone, it's a bit loud for my wife/neighbors. I've loved the s-type sound in the past, I'm considering this exact setup.
Thanks FJC!

-Josh

Reactions: Fjc
OP
OP
Hadelson

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
Here is exhaust progression on the car. Kept it stock for a month, then pulled the stock resonator replacing with the Magnaflow baffled x pipe. Good sound and no issues. Then installed the Borla S Cat back with Borla baffled resonator H Pipe. Install was quite easy. Slowest portion was moving the electronic switches to the Borla and repositioning wiring. The Borla system mounted the electronic switches exact opposite to stock housing. Not tough to move the wiring, but went slow and careful not to damage. The longest part of install was positioning mufflers centered in rear valance cut-outs. The entire removal/install took about three hours. Fired up the car and worked perfectly. Sound level is great, I leave mine in track and just pull out slowly from the neighbor hood. Took it out for a ride running interstate, window open and clearly heard Radio with volume set a 12. Sound is a little deeper with a slight burble when coming off the throttle. Car jumps hard and pulls great on rolling WOT. No change in MPG

Reactions: Fjc

Fjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT fastback
Thanks, sounds good to me - I've ordered that same setup, should have it by next week. I love the sound of the stock exhaust with the H-pipe, but it's just a bit too loud for my daily driver use. Excited to get it installed!

Fjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT fastback