Thoughts on BMR CB010 and CB762?

Jrod9707

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible manual
SInce the convertible won't allow installation of the BMR CB005 Level 2 lockout kit have any of you installed the CB010 in place of it to lessen wheel hop? The BMR rep I spoke to said the cradle brace is basically just for jacking up the vehicle and doesnt do anything for the wheel hop and tightening up the rear.

I'd like to hear some of your experience on what is a good combination to tighten things up on the convertible.

BMR CB005
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?page=products&productid=1543

BMR CB010
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?page=products&vehicleid=24&catid=422&productid=1727

BMR CB762
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/index...eid=24&maincatid=117&catid=433&productid=1910
Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
My performance shop ordered me CB005. Didn't fit. So we exchanged it for CB010. I have it now and it made a huge difference in the car. Not so much about wheel hop, unless I don't really understand that concept. But before this installation, if I went all out from a dead stop, my rear end would go sideways and try to get away form me. Now the car just picks up and goes straight. That was with that one cheap part. The next recommended improvement from my shop was going to run me about $1900 including labor, but it included the swar bars, irs support system, toe links, etc. I don't see how it can be anything but good for our cars.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Talk to Kelly at BMP. He is the end all be all to BMR. Every app is different. I am using what I respectfully refer to as his "IRS cocktail". It's all in the basement waiting for a break in weather to go in. CB005 kit, along with LCA sperical bearings and vertical links. This is his first recommendation on remedy of wheel hop. Then comes springs, and Viking rear shocks if more is needed. The only thing I have negative to say about BMR is that they do not offer springs in a black option. I don't like to advertise mods.

OP
OP
Jrod9707

Jrod9707

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible manual
Talk to Kelly at BMP. He is the end all be all to BMR. Every app is different. I am using what I respectfully refer to as his "IRS cocktail". It's all in the basement waiting for a break in weather to go in. CB005 kit, along with LCA sperical bearings and vertical links. This is his first recommendation on remedy of wheel hop. Then comes springs, and Viking rear shocks if more is needed. The only thing I have negative to say about BMR is that they do not offer springs in a black option. I don't like to advertise mods.
He recommended the CB010,cb762 and the bk081 last night when I spoke with him. I wanted to gather others opinions on these products before I install them and also what people may have wished they had done instead. I previously had a wrqngler which I lifted and wasn't too happy with the end result which is why I'm trying to really understand what all these parts do and what I ultimately want the car to drive like so I don't have to redo anything but continue to build it with an end game in mind. If there is such a thing. LOL

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Gotcha. Sorry, can't help until my setup is on as well. That said BMR has not failed me yet and this will be the third setup I have used them on.

Sponsored

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
i just got CB762R and CB010, also J&M Sub frame alignment kit, to be honest, i this is the best bang for the buck the car feels solid then ever. no NVH, and u feel when i launch the car it feel like solid, not like the rear end is trying to catch up. also got their vertical links :) pretty happy. No i did install the Poly Diff Bushings, and those gave me pretty good amount of gear vine, so taking those off. But with them i did feel like car is much more refined. i guess on the launches and thru corners

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I installed their CB010 lockout kit, BMR’s recommendation, this afternoon and after a 40 mile test drive it makes a noticeable difference in tightening up the rear. For me, I’ve always had an occasional shimmy in the rear end over certain roads with small ripples, that felt like a tire out of balance. It was more noticeable with the top up vs down. Top down you couldn’t feel it to much. I’ve tried changing shocks, smaller diameter wheels, 20’s to 18’s. Which both helped, but not near as much as this kit. I also didn’t realize how much the rear end moves around on these things till I watched a YouTube video on wheel hop. Definitely worth the price through BMR or Steeda.

If ya decide to install this, I’d consider the alignment kit, SCB766, or Steeda’s. The sleeves go into the same bushings as the lockout kits on the sub-frame. The only additional work is removing the front brace that connects to the two front bushings on the verts. When I installed the lockout kit, I just loosened that big brace up to allow it to drop enough to slid the spacers in. I didn’t do the alignment kit and after just eye balling my rear tires with the fenders, mine is more to the left. So, I’ll be doing it again next week to see if it squares it up.

Update, alignment kit installed. It was a cock sucker. For others it may have been easy, it fought me all the way.

Last edited:

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
cb762 kit, for those that have a convertible. Does this go on along with the Convertible bracing or does this replace the bracing from the factory? Thx

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
cb762 kit, for those that have a convertible. Does this go one along with the Convertible bracing or does this replace the bracing from the factory? Thx
It sort of looks like the rear bracing in that kit is right in the same area as the rear convertible bracing. They do say coupe in their original product introduction they posted here, but on the site (as you probably know), don't mention anything. Unlike the CB005 where they clearly state the whole kit can't be used on a convertible (can't use the cradle braces).

If you do give them a shout, post up what you find, I'm sure folks would be interested to know if it can be used.
Sponsored