Sponsored

Thoughts after Test Drive

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Hey Gang, it's a great time of the year when some of you get to bring a new pony home! I am one of the many that has been waiting for the test drive to make up my mind. I've seen the car at auto shows before, so I was really interested in how it drives. Yesterday during work, I got a call from my Ford sales rep that they got the new 2015 GT in stock. So, my first question obviously was "Auto or Manual?" After I confirmed that it was a manual 6speed, my wife and I went by the dealership after work.

When I arrived there was a white 2013 Shelby GT500 parked next to the 2015 KONA BLUE GT base (sticker price of $32900). My sales rep said that a customer drove in the GT500 to negotiate it for the 2015 GT base... wow, some are willing to trade in a GT500 for a 2015?? While they're negotiating, I took the car out with my wife.
My impression of the short drive I had in GT Base.

The new Mustang is still a large car dimensionally. It looks "big" from outside, but I felt like some of that disappeared once I sat in the driver seat. The base cloth seats were plenty comfortable and supportive. I'm about average(5'8" 160lbs) so I can't talk for you taller/bigger folks. Back seats leg room wasn't as bad as the head room. Both my self and my wife(5'7") sat in the back and our head was almost touching the headliner/rear windshield. I don't have kids and do not plan to have them, so lack of rear room is not a deal breaker for me. I think my 9 year old nephew can sit in the back comfortably. Visibility from inside was great. Long hood and the hood vents were pleasure to look at from inside. Once I hit the Start/Stop button the car came alive, and I couldn't stop grinning. Sweet sound of V8!!! I know that many have said that the new Mustang needs aftermarket exhaust, but I completely disagree. I think it sounds fantastic from factory! Not obnoxiously loud but still has the rumble, but I do prefer quieter cars over loud ones.

When I finally took it out for a drive, first words from my wife's mouth was, "I need a 'oh shit!' handle in this car!" GT had plenty of grunt and even with out the Performance Package, it handled the corners flat with plenty of grip! I am impressed!! For a car that weighs 3700-3800lbs it handled great, and hides it's weight well. I guess the word I am looking for is "balanced". It didn't seem as nose heavy as I thought it would be. I can't wait to bring one home with Performance Package!

I've been away from sport/performance cars for a long long time. 2015 Mustang GT is a great way to get back in it. My short lived test drive left me wanting more! I'd have placed the order right than and there, if my wife wasn't renovating the kitchen next week. :headbonk: Happy wife is happy life. I am planning to place my order come Jan of 2015!!!

I know that this thread lacks photos/videos. Sorry, I'm not really a photo kind of guy. I just couldn't hold on to this excitement all to my self, I had to share it. I am so very jealous of those who have ordered and received their Mustang. Soon enough... She'll be mine..
Sponsored

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
OP
OP
Hashbrownn

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
what blue is it? you won't hurt my feelings. I don't really know the name of the blue on the 2015. sorry, I wasn't really digging the color. All my cars are black.

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
Hashbrownn, the color was probably Deep Impact Blue.

What dealership had this? Noticed you were in NC too...

Sponsored

Poisond281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting
Deep Impact Blue

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Jesus, we get it guys. Deep Impact Blue. No need to repeat it on end.

Glad you got a chance to drive it OP. I'm in that camp that's waiting on a test drive to make my mind up.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Jesus, we get it guys. Deep Impact Blue. No need to repeat it on end.

Glad you got a chance to drive it OP. I'm in that camp that's waiting on a test drive to make my mind up.
I think we all pretty much replied at the same time... chill bro :)

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I know everyone is busy piling on about the Kona comment, but something else the OP said struck me as odd. The car looks "big"? I actually thought the car looked small when I saw it.:shrug:

I don't say this to attack your opinion. Thanks for your impressions.

OP
OP
Hashbrownn

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Hashbrownn, the color was probably Deep Impact Blue.

What dealership had this? Noticed you were in NC too...
Stearns Ford in Burlington NC.
off of Exit 143 on I-85/I-40.

Ask for Theo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hashbrownn

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I know everyone is busy piling on about the Kona comment, but something else the OP said struck me as odd. The car looks "big"? I actually thought the car looked small when I saw it.:shrug:

It's definitely not "tall".. it's low to the ground, but I felt as though it was wide and long. I know that it is wider than the previous.. and although it's suppose to be shorter? (correct me if I'm wrong) With the GT500 parked next to it, it did look smaller than the previous model.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

My 2011 is currently parked in a garage next to a BMW M235i (the car I'll get if I decide to cancel my Mustang order). The Mustang looks like a Chevy Suburban next to that thing.