Sponsored

This is the worst OEM audio system I ever owned?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Don't be fooled. There are some tiny amps that can put out insane amounts of power. While I doubt OEM automakers are using them, I have seen micro amplifiers for motorcycles that easily sustain 120 watts RMS per channel.

Then there are the GaN FET amplifiers that pack some power for their size. Unfortunately, they cost a small fortune too.
Have you ever heard those micro amps for bikes at a standstill for any length of time? I used a Rockford fosgate and it was good for what it was, but clean sound at high volume for anything past short burst, was not it.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Have you ever heard those micro amps for bikes at a standstill for any length of time? I used a Rockford fosgate and it was good for what it was, but clean sound at high volume for anything past short burst, was not it.
One of my Motorcycle Club brothers installed a RF system in his HD Roadglide. I could hear his stereo clearly over my exhaust 10 bikes behind him.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
One of my Motorcycle Club brothers installed a RF system in his HD Roadglide. I could hear his stereo clearly over my exhaust 10 bikes behind him.
And it’s sounds terrible AF at that sustained volume too.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
And it’s sounds terrible AF at that sustained volume too.
I guess the part where I said “clearly” didn’t quite compute. It sounded better than my stock system. But hey, since you were there I’ll take your word for it 🤣

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The one in my 1971 Ford Pinto was pretty bad!!!

276C2F02-3314-4B59-9EF0-C5DE85F27849.jpeg
Wow, my friend had a red one. Totaled it running into the back of a Cadillac on US 1 doing 15 mph. At least the Caddy did not hit us in the rear. Exploding Ford for sure.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Looking into aftermarket systems (or ripping out the whole stereo and HVAC system).

Anyone on this thread go to an aftermarket unit? TIA

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Quite a few folks have, there’s multiple posts about it.
Yeah, I've read most of them.

Curious about the readers of this thread as there are a lot of comments about sound quality.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think quiet a few of the readers of this thread, are those of us who have upgraded our systems. Maybe I am misunderstaning your comment. Are you saying you prefer hearing people say how bad the sound quality is, and not those that are saying how they corrected the sound quality issues?

Yeah, I've read most of them.

Curious about the readers of this thread as there are a lot of comments about sound quality.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I think quiet a few of the readers of this thread, are those of us who have upgraded our systems. Maybe I am misunderstaning your comment. Are you saying you prefer hearing people say how bad the sound quality is, and not those that are saying how they corrected the sound quality issues?
The latter. If an aftermarket set up helped your (or others) sound quality.

In other threads some have mentioned that a new head unit (for example, a dynavin, raxiom, etc) made their sound quality better. I’m interested in that feedback.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Got you. I can say the sound quality is night and day with the aftermarket items I used. I think the other people will say the same. I did pretty much go all in, and replaced everything except the head unit.

Here is my build. Evolve, Stang, and some of the others have their builds posted also.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/b-o-systems-finally-replaced-and-tuned.180932/

The latter. If an aftermarket set up helped your (or others) sound quality.

In other threads some have mentioned that a new head unit (for example, a dynavin, raxiom, etc) made their sound quality better. I’m interested in that feedback.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I actually always thought it sounded good

go get into a Subaru anything and tell me the mustangs the worst audio you heard. I'll wait haha

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
After having to replace the audio in WRX, I can definitly agree...though Subaru does make it easier by offering the drop in Kicker speakers from their own parts bin. I did the Kickers and added an amp and sub and it made a huge difference in the Subaru...oh I did change out the headunit also to gain Car Play and Android Auto.

I actually always thought it sounded good

go get into a Subaru anything and tell me the mustangs the worst audio you heard. I'll wait haha

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yep, the stock Sync 3 is a good head unit considering. You can get a flat signal out of it with Forescan or a PAC Audio unit. Speaker placement isn’t the best but if you have an unlimited budget you can build a decent sound stage. @Cathul did custom a-pillars to get better on-axis direction of his tweeters. I’m going to do a similar fab at some point.
Sponsored