This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Oh my god you are maddening.. no im not comparing a base price mustang to a bullitt. go actually read what I typed. yall win Im done go enjoy your gt with stickers. its 95% the same flippin car. mach 1 rules yeah Im gonna buy 3.

Of all the replys only one persona actually read and comprehended what I said and addressed it the rest of you are just spouting nonesense.
Well maybe if you got your facts straight, 10 HP more?, Ford said $50,000, Stop comparing apples to oranges. Who’s spouting nonsense?
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well maybe if you got your facts straight, 10 HP more?, Ford said $50,000, Stop comparing apples to oranges. Who’s spouting nonsense?
You win the internet. Your prize will be in the mail. I give. All I stated in my original post was ford was a master of slapping crap on cars and pretending it was new cars and over charging for them... thats it thats all. All this other nonsense yall created. Lets just drop it. Threads been derailed enough.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
i dont care if its a bunch of decals or not. If it is a PP2 with all the cooling stuff right from the factory, then it is what we have been asking for. They had to call it something. Boss, Mach 1, or PP3, its all ok with me. The addition of any extra H.P. is also welcomed. Well done Ford, you listened and us daily driver track whores will come

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm excited and eagerly waiting to see the laptimes and how it performs on track compared to a SS/1LE and GT350. On the pricing front, I hope it isn't more than 55-56k
The SS/1LE will still be faster on track. If the Mach1 costs more than 45k (cloth) or 52k (leather) trim levels, it's nothing but scalping the Faithful.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I love car forums. Everybody gets to argue over cars and never get their feelings hurt, because in the end, we're just arguing over cars.
Reminds me of the good old days, arguing about cars. Wait, those days weren't so good. I was REALLY poor back then. Now I'm not nearly as poor, and I can afford the car.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I think it makes sense if you get the manual/Tremec since this definitely an upgrade.

Not so much if you get an automatic .

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I think it makes sense if you get the manual/Tremec since this definitely an upgrade.

Not so much if you get an automatic .
The auto will still trounce that manual :)

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I love car forums. Everybody gets to argue over cars and never get their feelings hurt, because in the end, we're just arguing over cars.
Reminds me of the good old days, arguing about cars. Wait, those days weren't so good. I was REALLY poor back then. Now I'm not nearly as poor, and I can afford the car.
I have fun. It looks like I argue but honestly I dont dislike anyone. Hell this topic is almost as fun as what gas is better LOL

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I think it's really great that you're brave enough to talk about your feelings so openly.
?

The auto will still trounce that manual :)
Nothing against automatics . I have 2 S550’s with them - built 6R80 and 10R80 .
Also have 2 with manuals - Tremec 3160 and a Magnum XL swap .
I can’t speak for a road course, but yes at the drag strip the automatics are faster -mid/ low 9’s versus low 10’s( 10.0 - hoping for high 9’s ) with the Magnum XL with similar power .
On the street the manual cars are WAY more fun though .
All I am saying is that if you are in the market for a manual Mustang GT, it makes sense to pay a little more for the Tremec(and all the other goodies) in the MACH 1.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
?

Nothing against automatics . I have 2 S550’s with them - built 6R80 and 10R80 .
Also have 2 with manuals - Tremec 3160 and a Magnum XL swap .
I can’t speak for a road course, but yes at the drag strip the automatics are faster -mid/ low 9’s versus low 10’s( 10.0 - hoping for high 9’s ) with the Magnum XL with similar power .
On the street the manual cars are WAY more fun though .
All I am saying is that if you are in the market for a manual Mustang GT, it makes sense to pay a little more for the Tremec(and all the other goodies) in the MACH 1.
Well 1.5 percent of America will agree they are more fun the other 98.5 percent wouldnt.. lol. Just yankin your chain. 30 year manual vet here.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Well if you are saying that Ford leveraged many existing parts in order to keep the cost/price down - I definitely agree with that. I don't have the budget to buy a optioned-up Mustang with all new parts not shared by any other car. Heck, the GT500 can cost 100 grand and it also shares most of its parts with other Mustangs. It doesn't have a ton of unique parts.

I feel like you are maybe not trying to be a downer, but you are looking at everything in a negative light. Not a big deal, it's fine. I guess I don't agree. I'm bummed that the Mach 1 doesn't have more power with a larger engine size and the round-ish shapes in the grill aren't my favorite either. They could have done rectangular shapes and some would still say they were nostalgia - the '70 Mach had the rectangular fogs in the grill.

It would be interesting to see a radical modern new Mustang. Seems like a really risky thing for Ford to do, though. Especially a radical new Mustang shape for an option package seems unrealistic to expect. And you would probably expect Ford to give it away for a $50-60k price as well.
It’s called being honest.

No not trying to be a downer, but there is no rule in life that you must be positive and fake about everything.

Keeping costs down is one thing.

But mustangs dont share the round fog grille - so your argument doesn’t hold weather.

Bullitt engine? Meh. But ok. It’s nothing crazy, but its better than the GT. Would have been great the gent an NA 5.2 CPC - that would be sharing quite a few parts.

Hoiwever, the Bullitt drivetrain is fine. Not special, but fine.

On the outside:

Would be great the have a modern grille. If they could design a cool one for Bullitt, they can do it for Mach 1.

They didn’t have to add a 1970s child toy (my opinion) sticker set. That didn’t keep costs down.

They didn’t have to add a unique derp derp fake round fog light grille - that didn’t keep costs down - AND it looks soooo bad.

It’s the Mach 1! A car that has speed in its very name! A car whose namesake is about breaking impossible barriers.

Even though it is a parts bin car to make some easy money for Ford, let’s not pretend that they couldn’t have done MUCH better. The styling is the main negative point. The specs are pretty good. But the styling is really bad. It still looks like a Mustang, so that’s good, But the lego stickers and the nasty, ridiculous grille with FAKE (!) round fogs is just a complete letdown and actually hurts the car.

For those who cannot quite reach the 500, missed out on the 350, but need more than the GT - they deserve better.

If an SUV masquerading as a Mustang can look modern and mostly sleek, then certainly the actual Mustang - which is a smaller, lighter, sportier CAR, would look far more so, right?

And... that’s the point.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Did you even read the post? That is exactly what Im saying. but at least with the gt350 and 500 you get completely different engines and suspensions not just parts bin items and "tweeked" things and told its a whole new car. but what you said is exactly what I am saying so not sure what your insult is aimed at.
What about any other car..?

You are exactly saying you hate the automobile industry, because every trim level, isnt new car. When you pay more for higher up model, it isnt a different car, it just added bits that cost more...!

Your arguement isnt with Ford, its with auto industry..!
Sponsored