This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

cmxPPL219

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So I'm still a little confused on the appearance package after watching the video. Does anyone know, can you get the Jet fighter grey color combo with orange stripping and brembos in a non-handling package Mach 1?
They don't say explicitly whether it will or will not be.

From the Ford Press Release News site:
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...s-pinnacle-of-mustang-5-0-liter-v8-style.html

"Satin Black side and hood stripes are included with reflective accent stripes in any of three colors: Red, White and Orange (Appearance Package only).
Exterior color options include the Mach 1 exclusive Fighter Jet Gray (Appearance Package only), as well as Iconic Silver, Shadow Black, Oxford White, Velocity Blue, Twister Orange, Race Red and Grabber Yellow."

^In terms of the colours and stripes, that's all that's said about what will be offered.

Advertisement

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the orange exterior striping and calipers of the Appearance Package. Just not a fan of orange, really.

No JFG for you!

Oh well, I'd like to see a pic of an Iconic Silver base car with the red accented stripes.....

Fordified

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
I think the Mach 1 with the handling package will be quite a competitive car, and I'm liking the looks of it more and more. It's a more developed package that was tweaked and fine-tuned over the Bullitt and PPL2 Mustangs, obviously. It's more engineered than most are giving it credit for, gained from previous models.
The PPL2 was fairly close to a base GT350 (minus the cooling problems) in performance, so the Mach 1 should lay down some impressive numbers on the track and be great fun to drive!

dguzzi

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
The grille lights are to big. Looks cartoonish to me.

GreenS550

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt K3107 Whipple 2018 Mustang GT Premium A10 Ruby Red
I'm looking forward to learning more about the reworked 10 speed automatic and the new torque converter. Getting the 10 speed to shift quicker manually would be an awesome improvement. Love the one I have I'm just saying we always want better stuff. Definitely looking at buying one. Does anyone know when they're going to open the order Banks?

Ecoboosted

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide, 06' F-150
I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not a fan of the orange exterior striping and calipers of the Appearance Package. Just not a fan of orange, really.

No JFG for you!

Oh well, I'd like to see a pic of an Iconic Silver base car with the red accented stripes.....
That is the color I’m interested in with the red accent stripes and red calipers.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The grille lights are to big. Looks cartoonish to me.
Take a look at the 69 Mach 1. They emulate the lights from that car. They do seem a little off with today's headlights but once you put real lights in there I think it is going to look great.

1-1554756393525@2x.jpg

Zelek

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T
I don't know if anyone caught it, but you can definitely get the handling package with the 10 speed auto based on that video that was posted.

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if anyone caught it, but you can definitely get the handling package with the 10 speed auto based on that video that was posted.
people speaking extemporaneously makes all kinds of mistakes in what they're saying. Until it's in print it means nothing.

EcoVert

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting these!
I mentioned this in an earlier post, but it seems that either someone mixed up the tire sizes on the press photos, or just an honest mistake due to the units being pre-production units - the tire sizes on the press photos are not the same as this car at Tulsa.
Maybe they had more than one Handling Pack Mach 1 prototype, or, they switched tires.
-The above pics show a front tire of 305/30/19 - same as the specs listed
-Meanwhile, press photos/vid show a higher sidewall tire of 305/35/19 (the same size as the non-R GT350 rear tire)

20200621_092425.jpg
ms34.jpg
m2.png
m36.jpg
2019 PP2 had the same tires

Performance Package – Level 2
0" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: fordngbs-antenna-re; line-height: 1.1; color: rgb(16, 43, 78); margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 15px; font-size: 22px;">$6,500 S4

Add
The Performance Package – Level 2 includes:
• 19-inch x10.5-inch (F)/19-inch x 11-inch (R) Dark Tarnish Painted Aluminum Wheels
• 305/30/R19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tires (Summer Only)
• Brembo Six Piston Front Brake Calipers w/Larger Rotors
• "Engine Spun" Aluminum Instrument Panel
• Gauge Pack (Vacuum and Oil Pressure)
• High Performance Front Splitter
• K-Brace
• Large Radiator
• MagneRide® Damping System with Track Inspired Calibration
• Strut Tower Brace
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio
• Unique Rear Spoiler
• Unique Track Inspired Chassis, Stability Control, EPAS, and ABS Tuning
• Unique Track Inspired Springs and Sway Bar

Mustang Fastback only.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I hope you’re right but this is all we have to go on so far.

The Handling Package – exclusively available with the Tremec™ 3160 6-speed manual transmission

The car is still a long way off so maybe after hearing from the fans they can figure out a way to make it work.

Medsport

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I have found fully loaded widebody 2019/2020 392 Challenger selling now for under 50K with power dollars discount and dealer offered ones.
I only found a couple within a 500 mile radius of me and both over 400 miles away. I still haven't decided if I want the WB with its pros and cons or a 1320 or the 50th. I really want to see some of the SS and gold rush in person.

PortalMaker

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Are those cooling vents in front wheel fender liner ?
Looks like it. Seeing as the bumper has open/functional vents, I'd guess they vent out into the wheel wells there.
pixlr_20200622180950961.jpg

So I'm still a little confused on the appearance package after watching the video. Does anyone know, can you get the Jet fighter grey color combo with orange stripping and brembos in a non-handling package Mach 1?
It doesn't seem like you can't get the appearance package without first having the performance package. I guess all appearance package cars will be manual only.

Medsport

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
There's 30-odd new 2019 Helcat's for that price too at one dealership.
No way under 50k. Koons did have some base models with no options and manual for just over 50k last time I looked, but you have to add at least 2k to their "wow" pricing to be accurate of what they actually charge. I sure wouldn't want to pay that much for a new car (even with over 700hp) that has cloth seats and is not auto. Plus on the street they are barely faster than the Scat Pack because you can't hook up all that power unless you put some huge wheels with sticky tires on the back.

Advertisement

119 - HP Tuners - 1

Advertisement