Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I never see Mustangs in this area that meet the color and options I want. My hope for seeing a Mach 1 with that is even lower. How hard is it to actually special order a car the way you want it? Are you pretty much paying MSRP if you do that? When I bought my first one I was deployed so I ordered it through MAS and got it exactly how I wanted it...but that is a deployed only program.
Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Anyone think we will see a new intake manifold that will work on the gen3 cars or are they reusing the gt350 intake? Will be nice if we get some upgraded parts for our coyote motors to get us closer to the 500hp mark na.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Anyone think we will see a new intake manifold that will work on the gen3 cars or are they reusing the gt350 intake? Will be nice if we get some upgraded parts for our coyote motors to get us closer to the 500hp mark na.
9881EE6B-96FA-4629-A2A0-ADAF30813C24.png

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the people hating on it already have an 18+. This is still quite an upgrade for a 15-17 owner. May be just enough for me to let go of my 17.
I was thinking the same but last year when I bought my 2017 I was debating getting a Bullitt and passed in fact the Grabber Blue GT's (4051 worldwide) are rarer than a Bullitt (over 9000). The Mach 1 don't offer a lot more than a Bullitt in terms of performance same 480 hp, better Transmission, Oil, Trans, Diff coolers and PP2 suspension and tires. However the price for all that on top of a Bullitt will make a second hand GT350 a compelling and more performant deal. With that in mind if I trade my GB it will be for a GT350 or R and hopefully in the same GB colour.

I get that our cars lack the A10 or the Digital Dash or the Gen 3 (not sure this a plus or a minus) but with some aftermarket parts: Wheels+Tires, Oil, trans and diff coolers, High end Coilovers we can get our car close to the Mach 1 without the bigger price difference.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
However the price for all that on top of a Bullitt
unlikely to be more than the Bullitt, and if so, not by much (under 2k) It needs to stay clear of the GT350 by at least 8 grand or late MY2020 GT350 orders will go way up.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
unlikely to be more than the Bullitt, and if so, not by much (under 2k)
The base will be around the Bullitt price but the Handling+Apperance package one not a shot. And likely in Europe we will get only the buffed up version.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The base will be around the Bullitt price but the Handling+Apperance package one not a shot
We're already in a depression and no recovery in sight. Ford would be positively insane to price the car out of reach to all but the over 150k/yr income bracket. Unless they really only intend to move less than 3000 units a year. New GT350 can be had for 60k if not under. So there isn't any headroom.

Short of some coolers the Bullitt at 52k (no Recaro) is already a PP2+Premium+Appearance Pack. Cost to Ford for the coolers is ~$600 if that much. The Tremec is 3 grand at retail, and might cost Ford as much as 1000 more than MT82. Neither set of Mach1 wheels cost Ford a penny over what they currently pay for PP2 or Bullitt wheels. They can easily keep the Mach1 at the same Bullitt price level. Handling pack is probably $1500 which keeps the MSRP not quite 10 grand clear of the GT350 at 63k.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
We're already in a depression and no recovery in sight. Ford would be positively insane to price the car out of reach to all but the over 150k/yr income bracket. Unless they really only intend to move less than 3000 units a year. New GT350 can be had for 60k if not under. So there isn't any headroom.
This.

I've seen new GT350s as low as $56,600 lately, so this thing is going to be a flop in the current market if they go nuts with pricing.....

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
What I like about this car is that on the base Mach 1 we get the 6 piston brakes, the PP1 tires, wider rims for bigger tires if we want, better cooling (Ford is doing the axle cooler, oil cooler, etc on the base Mach 1), very cool striping, along with the revised 10 speed but we don't have to get a lowered car that smacks parking curbs and rides like a pickup truck.

I'm in!

Sponsored

Ditch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
This.

I've seen new GT350s as low as $56,600 lately, so this thing is going to be a flop in the current market if they go nuts with pricing.....
Bought my 350 for about that in 18 Just sold it; but depending on price I would definitely consider this car A lot to like ..but as everyone has said it all depends on price. A local dealer had a black Bullitt at 6000 under msrp recently

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This.

GT350's are and have always been a niche market. The Mach 1 is going to appeal to a far greater audience. Pricing will be in line with everything else we have seen over the past 5 years. Expect base to be around the Bullitt and a loaded HP $5-$7K more. Ford is going to have plenty of takers for this car so I do not think we need to be overly concerned about it failing.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
GT350's are and have always been a niche market. The Mach 1 is going to appeal to a far greater audience. Pricing will be in line with everything else we have seen over the past 5 years. Expect base to be around the Bullitt and a loaded HP $5-$7K more. Ford is going to have plenty of takers for this car so I do not think we need to be overly concerned about it failing.
If I'm standing at a dealership, and I'm given the choice of a new HP Mach 1 right off the trailer and a GT350 that's been discounted since it's been sitting around for a few months for essentially the same money (give or take), I'm taking the snake every time.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
If I'm standing at a dealership, and I'm given the choice of a new HP Mach 1 right off the trailer and a GT350 that's been discounted since it's been sitting around for a few months for essentially the same money (give or take), I'm taking the snake every time.
But then you take it, it’s gone, and the next guy comes in and says “Whoa! Sweet Mach I. Where do I sign?”

Leftover GT350s will be a pleasant problem for a very few dealers. Pricing for Mach I will likely not be released before order banks for GT350 close, so the “which one do I order?” dilemma never happens. The showroom clash will be rare and the lucky dealer that has both should be smart enough to figure it out.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think Car & Driver was given a base price of about $50,000 for the Mach 1. I linked the article in this thread.
Sponsored