Sponsored

This Dealer Will Pay Customers' Mortgage for Two Months If They Buy a New Car in April

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
This is no different then when a business goes out of business. Normally a item priced at 4.00 when they were in business is now priced at full retail of 8.00 but marked off 30% clearance and suckers buy them all up. And they are actually paying MORE at 30% off then they did at the regular "normal" price. My Mustang was 52k sticker and i hit my dealer at a bad time when they had no sales and was end of month and blah blah and I got it out the door for 40k with 0 percent and My credit isn't anything spectacular, not because its bad but because i'm not one to utilize credit much im a cash person. and this was all before any of this pandemic stuff. Now they gonna pay 3k for two months mortgage but I promise you, you gonna pay for it. Car will be full retail. they will take incentives first .. blah blah... You will end up getting a worse deal now with all their perceived bonuses then you would of got normally 8 months ago.

Here's the biggest catch. If you take fords incentives (certain ones) then you don't qualify for 0%(ford credit). The dealer does not tell you this and Ford does not want them to tell you either you just figure you didn't qualify not that it was because you took the incentives. Ford won't give you both 0% and the incentives. Taking the incentives up front seems better cause it lowers the price but over the loan the interest is MORE than the incentives. (Plus dealer keeps incentives and get the kick back for the interest rate) You are better to take the 0% over the incentives. Im sure there is some hoodoo magic in the we will pay your morgage crap the same as that.

You will pay more over all in long run with that we pay your house payment crap that I can promise.

And its Koons... Need I say more. Koons is fairly well known for being a dealer that is the poster child of how to do every shady bait and switch on your customers there is.

Last edited:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Because a lot of people have zero financial sense and bite like a fish for the new shiny thing dangled infront of them.

I think there will be a big push to move MY2020 cars at the end of the year and the surplus that will carry over to 2021. Not sure how much better than 0% for 84 mo it can get though.
I know how it can get better... ever take your car apart? its a bunch of pressed metal and plastic clips. how about they sell cars for a normal affordable price more in line with their construction cost? INstead of over inflated car prices to pay investors and stocks and the top brasses super boats and mansions and and and and and.... and maybe cars that over cost a few k to build can stop being 50k plus... and people can afford them again.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I know how it can get better... ever take your car apart? its a bunch of pressed metal and plastic clips. how about they sell cars for a normal affordable price more in line with their construction cost? INstead of over inflated car prices to pay investors and stocks and the top brasses super boats and mansions and and and and and.... and maybe cars that over cost a few k to build can stop being 50k plus... and people can afford them again.
Yeah, it does work like that. I worked for a major manufacturer for 24 years. The actual cost of materials and the labor to build it is only a fraction of the cost of a car.

Here is something that might interest you. It is a post from the Mustang Owners Museum FB page. Here is a build sheet for a 1965 Mustang.

The vehicles are based on 1965 production models, including 2+2 Fastback as it is the closest in styling to current Mustangs. Base vehicles are 1965 Mustang body styles with a standard equipped 200 cu in I-6 and 3 speed manual transmission. Content has been adjusted to closely match current standard equipment available on current Mustangs (see image)
Inflation adjusted 1965 dollars to 2020 dollars
1965 Coupe $2,990.75 = $24,632.85
1965 Fastback $3,207.75 = $26,420.14
1965 Convertible $3,232.75 = $26,626.05
2020 Coupe MSRP: From $26,670
2020 Convertible MSRP: From $32,170

15145926656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=xUTKN6bHZAYAX9OR1L1&_nc_ht=scontent.fhyw1-1.jpg

Now the cost of a 2020 Base Ecoboost. $26,670. Pretty much spot on after 55 years. Now consider what you get for $26,670 today and you can see that's quite a value. You want all the good stuff, V8, all the bells and whistles, sure it goes up over $50K. No one is forcing anyone to buy those. We do because we see the value in them. Honestly I feel my cars value is higher than what I paid for it.

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
That dealer? The Ford dealer that took the VMP tune off the car, put a stock Ford tune on it, lost the SCT device and didn't tell me about the tune issue, and I drove it for a couple months not knowing. The one I drove 150 miles to buy the car cuz it had a VMP 2.3 charger setup on it? That dealer????? Ya, he could offer to pay me 3% for a new Shelby and I tell him to stuff it. The only thing I'd take from that dealer is a hike.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Gimmick. Sales is the art of creating a false perception of value. The bottom line numbers are only way to calculate any true valuation.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
About to start throwing 38k offers on these 54k MSRP Bullitt's rotting on the dealer lots. Wonder if someone is that desperate? Lol.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Gimmick. Sales is the art of creating a false perception of value. The bottom line numbers are only way to calculate any true valuation.
That's not really true. A good salesperson understands that they are building relationships. When you want people to trust you with their money, you have to provide value not BS.
For instance, can you attach a ""bottom line" number to a service person who answers the phone with your name?
Are they even still there after selling you the car?

Can you attach a "bottom line" number to salesperson that goes to the service manager to help your situation get resolved?
Can you attach that number to a person who coaches high school football locally as a volunteer in your local community who happens to be that salesperson?
Bad management and the relentless pursuit of numbers are responsible for your perception which is purely a result of the gumball machine economy the internet created. People do not matter anymore. But they do. And those that understand that will always be the best salespeople and the best customers.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well if you are talking about "sales" in general I need to take issue with that. 10 years in retail sales, 24 working for the world's largest consumer electronics company, and 12 years in distribution gives me just a little perspective regarding the issue. Of course I was taught old school and some of that has most likely changed. To me sales means finding out what someone needs, then find the best possible solution and then work out a deal that both side feel comfortable with. I spent 46 years doing that. Tens of millions of dollars in sales. Didn't always succeed but always tried my best.

Now if your talking about car salespeople that's a whole nother story. :)

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's not really true. A good salesperson understands that they are building relationships. When you want people to trust you with their money, you have to provide value not BS.
For instance, can you attach a ""bottom line" number to a service person who answers the phone with your name?
Are they even still there after selling you the car?

Can you attach a "bottom line" number to salesperson that goes to the service manager to help your situation get resolved?
Can you attach that number to a person who coaches high school football locally as a volunteer in your local community who happens to be that salesperson?
Bad management and the relentless pursuit of numbers are responsible for your perception which is purely a result of the gumball machine economy the internet created. People do not matter anymore. But they do. And those that understand that will always be the best salespeople and the best customers.
Well if you are talking about "sales" in general I need to take issue with that. 10 years in retail sales, 24 working for the world's largest consumer electronics company, and 12 years in distribution gives me just a little perspective regarding the issue. Of course I was taught old school and some of that has most likely changed. To me sales means finding out what someone needs, then find the best possible solution and then work out a deal that both side feel comfortable with. I spent 46 years doing that. Tens of millions of dollars in sales. Didn't always succeed but always tried my best.

Now if your talking about car salespeople that's a whole nother story. :)

Agree with ya both. Sales is something of an art form. Some people paint masterpieces and take the edge off separating you (or a business) from money. Others paint garbage and taint your perception. I support a sales operation and you can quickly understand why successful people stick around versus those that have the “used car salesman” mentality.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s bs, sorry. I just bought a 2020 Explorer St for my wife. All the dealers I dealt with were very clear on the incentives and rebates. Secondly, none of them were bumping there backend financing either. As for the zero percent. Most won’t qualify for it. The incentives were roughly $4500 if you didn’t take the zero percent. You did have to use Ford finance to get one of the rebates which was $2000. For me taking all the incentives and what the dealer was offering was 9k off msrp and that included shipping. I’ll simply move the financing to my bank at 2.5 when my tags arrive. If someones credit is really solid the incentives and moving to a good credit union is the way to go. Especially if your not going to run it the full term.

This is no different then when a business goes out of business. Normally a item priced at 4.00 when they were in business is now priced at full retail of 8.00 but marked off 30% clearance and suckers buy them all up. And they are actually paying MORE at 30% off then they did at the regular "normal" price. My Mustang was 52k sticker and i hit my dealer at a bad time when they had no sales and was end of month and blah blah and I got it out the door for 40k with 0 percent and My credit isn't anything spectacular, not because its bad but because i'm not one to utilize credit much im a cash person. and this was all before any of this pandemic stuff. Now they gonna pay 3k for two months mortgage but I promise you, you gonna pay for it. Car will be full retail. they will take incentives first .. blah blah... You will end up getting a worse deal now with all their perceived bonuses then you would of got normally 8 months ago.

Here's the biggest catch. If you take fords incentives (certain ones) then you don't qualify for 0%(ford credit). The dealer does not tell you this and Ford does not want them to tell you either you just figure you didn't qualify not that it was because you took the incentives. Ford won't give you both 0% and the incentives. Taking the incentives up front seems better cause it lowers the price but over the loan the interest is MORE than the incentives. (Plus dealer keeps incentives and get the kick back for the interest rate) You are better to take the 0% over the incentives. Im sure there is some hoodoo magic in the we will pay your morgage crap the same as that.

You will pay more over all in long run with that we pay your house payment crap that I can promise.

And its Koons... Need I say more. Koons is fairly well known for being a dealer that is the poster child of how to do every shady bait and switch on your customers there is.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Plese buy my car ha ha ha ha hu huh huh huh huh huh uh

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Lol. My point was nothing is free. You geniuses are the ones helping perpetuate the whole illusion. True effective marketing is nothing but a mind phuck for the targets involved. I have been involved (28 plus years) in much higher level campaigns/project's (way above retail) and I am not talking about your average Dale Carnegie or like stuff. Most have no clue what has been done to them subconsciously that directly affects them in their daily lives. I will stop there... ;).

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That’s bs, sorry. I just bought a 2020 Explorer St for my wife. All the dealers I dealt with were very clear on the incentives and rebates. Secondly, none of them were bumping there backend financing either. As for the zero percent. Most won’t qualify for it. The incentives were roughly $4500 if you didn’t take the zero percent. You did have to use Ford finance to get one of the rebates which was $2000. For me taking all the incentives and what the dealer was offering was 9k off msrp and that included shipping. I’ll simply move the financing to my bank at 2.5 when my tags arrive. If someones credit is really solid the incentives and moving to a good credit union is the way to go. Especially if your not going to run it the full term.
UM how is what I said BS? you basically just confirmed it. That they won't offer both. And great you got 9 k off msrp... Woot. I got 12k off with none of that BS. Its all tricks to make you think you got a deal when you paid 3k more than I did. :) so want to call BS on something call it on the dealers. And you still have to switch loans around and are still gonna pay 2.5 in the end.
Sponsored