Sponsored

This Dealer Will Pay Customers' Mortgage for Two Months If They Buy a New Car in April

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
It's gong to take quite a bit more incentives to persuade people to buy a new car during a Pandemic. Even when the storm is over and the all clear is given, people are going to take their sweet time coming out of their cages. I am in a position to buy because I am in the critical infrastructure field but it is going to take a lot more blood in the water for that. Ill just circle until then.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's gong to take quite a bit more incentives to persuade people to buy a new car during a Pandemic. Even when the storm is over and the all clear is given, people are going to take their sweet time coming out of their cages. I am in a position to buy because I am in the critical infrastructure field but it is going to take a lot more blood in the water for that. Ill just circle until then.
Maybe, but the manufacturers want to put more people in jeopardy of going broke.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/indus... -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I suspect the car will be at full sticker. When I had a mortgage, that incentive would have been $3.200.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Did anybody read the fine print? Manufacturer incentives apply. $1500 tops for mortgage help.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
More gimmickry

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you’re “having trouble paying your bills” like the article says, why in the name of all that is holy are you buying a new car?
Because a lot of people have zero financial sense and bite like a fish for the new shiny thing dangled infront of them.

I think there will be a big push to move MY2020 cars at the end of the year and the surplus that will carry over to 2021. Not sure how much better than 0% for 84 mo it can get though.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Next step will be 24 month super leases?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Did anybody read the fine print? Manufacturer incentives apply. $1500 tops for mortgage help.
%&^* guess I just took out a 2 month mortgage for nothing.

AGM2018

Because a lot of people have zero financial sense and bite like a fish for the new shiny thing dangled infront of them.

I think there will be a big push to move MY2020 cars at the end of the year and the surplus that will carry over to 2021. Not sure how much better than 0% for 84 mo it can get though.
I agree with you; I think that the 0% financing will be around for a while...and if sales are poor enough, manufacturers may even combine rebates with the 0% offer to move surplus cars in late summer and into labor day. If this transpires, it will be an opportune time to purchase a car, for those financially positioned to do so. YMMV :).

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Dealers...... Need we say more. I paid cash for the '16, and when the way too long buying ordeal was just about over the "finance" guy asked if I'd consider a loan cuz they were only a bit over 3%. So yeah, they are trying to sucker buyers into "deals" they can't possibly afford.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Dealers...... Need we say more. I paid cash for the '16, and when the way too long buying ordeal was just about over the "finance" guy asked if I'd consider a loan cuz they were only a bit over 3%. So yeah, they are trying to sucker buyers into "deals" they can't possibly afford.
They were going to pay you 3% to take a loan? :cwl::crackup: