Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
OP, I am 110% on your side. Returning for service is one of those small things I didn't take into consideration when leaving BMW. Silly me, I thought ALL service departments, regardless of brand, wash your car after service and were respectful when you drop off/pick up.

Not the case with ford stores around here. Service writers call me dude/bro/man, no sir or Mr. Adams. Takes forever to get my car pulled up, as they stand around talking or eating. And then I get the car back, covered in fingerprints and smudges and footprints on the mats, even on the passenger side, which makes me feel that two techs went out, likely joyriding.

I have a 4 series on order and stuff like this is why I can't WAIT to get back into premium brands, since they know and understand how to treat customers. They want you for life, quite unlike ford obviously. I don't expect an ass kiss, just simple respect.
What I don't care for is the smell of the mechanics inside your car after you get it back. After I had them repair that AC, it took a couple days for that smokey musk scent to run its course. I mean for fixing the AC, how long did they have to sit in it?

I know, I know.... #1stworldproblems
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree. My coworkers purchased BMW 3 series for less money than a V8 mustang, and when they do the complementary scheduled maintenance, the dealership sends out a flatbed truck, WITH the loaner car, they give you the loaner car, take yours, and then are willing to drop it off again.

I have a $42k Nissan Pathfinder, which isn't more expensive than a Mustang V8, but when I take it into Nissan dealerships, I don't get service nearly this bad. I actually give them the car over breaks and they just tuck it away in the corner of their lot when work is done.

The $40k infiniti that we had, the service dept receptionist used to come around with a tray and serve you coffee in the waiting area, if you didn't want to take the loaner car and wait.

My 2010 Genesis coupe ran into similar "service dept customer service from the 80's". I called Hyundai corporate and while they did say they had no control over independent dealerships, they would have a talk with the dealer manager. I got a call the next day from dealership, I brought the car in, the service manager ran out with keys to brand new sonata as a loaner, and said, "I do apologize that you had a bad experience. DOn't even come inside, take the loaner and we'll call you when your car is all repaired". The service adviser later told me that Hyundai corporate was trying a "prestige" status for dealerships fixing the prestige line of Hyundais (Genesis and Equus), and the genesis customers getting preferential treatment would result in dealership eventually getting this "status". The status never did happen, but the service adviser told me a year later, that Hyundai decided to consider Sonata customers into this "luxury" service category, and I have to say that SOME hyundai dealerships really turned their customer service around.

I ditched Hyundai because they wanted $5-$8k for clutch replacement, and the "quality" customer service was hit or miss on dealership basis.

I am just surprised that I have tried 8 dealerships and they all seem to have the attitude, "we are too busy with business, so we don't really need yours..." Generally I find that NYC are car dealerships are snotty in attitude and there are HUGE turnover rates for salespeople, but I have to say, the NYC area Ford dealership experience so far feels like I am back in 1980's.
You should sell the Mustang and buy a Bimmer. Seriously.

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
Because with price you get A+ service. This is a generic American car. As stated, Aston Martin (or the cars I mentioned)- they'll bring a car carrier and pick it up. A++ service becuase it's a high priced luxury automobile. Ford, not even close- be happy to get timely competent repairs. It was no secret Ford is not a luxury car brand to everyone before buying a Ford.

OP wants them to store the car until they get to it (subject to any damage that god forbid could occur during that time storing it) and then let him know, solely because it is "too inconvenient" to drive it in and sit and wait like everyone else would it have their cars looked at; and it takes no more than an hour to diagnose an issue if there is one.

If I was the dealership I would not want to hold a car for days for no reason either. Things happen and the dealership is liable for the damage (or theft) while storing the car. Dropping off in the morning and coming back in the evening is one thing; leaving it there for days just sitting is storage space the dealership has to use for no reason- the car isn't immobile or under repair which are taking up the shop space. A lot of dealerships, especially in city settings, have very limited storage space for the shop.

There is no special reason OP needs this level of special attention other than being "too inconvenient" to "sit with the peasants" at the dealership getting their cars looked at. Everyone is treated equal, bring the car in and it gets looked at and diagnosed same day.

Ah, thought maybe you were referring to build quality.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Just called four area dealerships regarding a sound from back of my EB.
I am on vacation next week starting monday. I asked them if I can drop the car off today and they can look at it WHENEVER they can get to next week.

The answer? "nope, you can't leave the car with us" If you are off next week, why don't you bring it in and wait here while we work on it? Yes, I have nothing better to do with my life and I REALLY enjoy sitting on old smelly couches for hours while they work on it.

I told them that the sound only happens when the car has been sitting, so if I drove it to dealer, the sound would be gone. their answer, "I don't know what I can tell you except that we don't store cars for people".

I then asked, "do you have any other solutions because I have warranty on my car, but no one seems to want to help me out unless I take a day off, bring it in, and then sit at their dealership" THe answer, "nope, you should really just bring it in the day of the appointment so our tech can go testdrive it with you". I thought I'd tell him about the car needing to sit overnight in the cold, but then hung up.

Call another dealer, same thing.

The final dealer said, "it's probably because of bad weather and snow, we don't want to keep cars on our lot because of snow removal. You should call back when the weather is nice" WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? When? Spring?!?!?!?!?

I have NEVER had such difficulty trying to get my car serviced. If this keeps up, I am afraid that this will be the first and the last Ford I will own
Why not just take your car to the dealership AFTER your vacation? Most dealerships have overnight drop off - I'm sure they do too but your expectations was a week. Anyways, I would look into dropping off your car after your vacation the night before and notate it on the drop-off envelope that holds the keys. The car should make the sound you are hearing because it'll be a cold start if dropped off for overnight stay.

Last note...Old smelly couches? C'mon man...Did you buy the car from this dealership? If it's such a big deal about an old smelly couch why would you even go to it for service knowing this...That's just a bad plug in of words, IMO. And if its that noticeable...You are a customer, they should value your feedback. Say something to the GM and maybe he will consider your feedback and buy a new couch.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
Just called four area dealerships regarding a sound from back of my EB.
I am on vacation next week starting monday. I asked them if I can drop the car off today and they can look at it WHENEVER they can get to next week.

The answer? "nope, you can't leave the car with us" If you are off next week, why don't you bring it in and wait here while we work on it? Yes, I have nothing better to do with my life and I REALLY enjoy sitting on old smelly couches for hours while they work on it.

I told them that the sound only happens when the car has been sitting, so if I drove it to dealer, the sound would be gone. their answer, "I don't know what I can tell you except that we don't store cars for people".

I then asked, "do you have any other solutions because I have warranty on my car, but no one seems to want to help me out unless I take a day off, bring it in, and then sit at their dealership" THe answer, "nope, you should really just bring it in the day of the appointment so our tech can go testdrive it with you". I thought I'd tell him about the car needing to sit overnight in the cold, but then hung up.

Call another dealer, same thing.

The final dealer said, "it's probably because of bad weather and snow, we don't want to keep cars on our lot because of snow removal. You should call back when the weather is nice" WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? When? Spring?!?!?!?!?

I have NEVER had such difficulty trying to get my car serviced. If this keeps up, I am afraid that this will be the first and the last Ford I will own
Well in Australia, we get a free loan car while our car is getting serviced. Then they tell you what was wrong with it/ if the problem is solved. All of the dealers in my area are decent people too!

Sponsored

Horse Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicorn
I agree. My coworkers purchased BMW 3 series for less money than a V8 mustang, and when they do the complementary scheduled maintenance, the dealership sends out a flatbed truck, WITH the loaner car, they give you the loaner car, take yours, and then are willing to drop it off again.

I have a $42k Nissan Pathfinder, which isn't more expensive than a Mustang V8, but when I take it into Nissan dealerships, I don't get service nearly this bad. I actually give them the car over breaks and they just tuck it away in the corner of their lot when work is done.

The $40k infiniti that we had, the service dept receptionist used to come around with a tray and serve you coffee in the waiting area, if you didn't want to take the loaner car and wait.

My 2010 Genesis coupe ran into similar "service dept customer service from the 80's". I called Hyundai corporate and while they did say they had no control over independent dealerships, they would have a talk with the dealer manager. I got a call the next day from dealership, I brought the car in, the service manager ran out with keys to brand new sonata as a loaner, and said, "I do apologize that you had a bad experience. DOn't even come inside, take the loaner and we'll call you when your car is all repaired". The service adviser later told me that Hyundai corporate was trying a "prestige" status for dealerships fixing the prestige line of Hyundais (Genesis and Equus), and the genesis customers getting preferential treatment would result in dealership eventually getting this "status". The status never did happen, but the service adviser told me a year later, that Hyundai decided to consider Sonata customers into this "luxury" service category, and I have to say that SOME hyundai dealerships really turned their customer service around.

I ditched Hyundai because they wanted $5-$8k for clutch replacement, and the "quality" customer service was hit or miss on dealership basis.

I am just surprised that I have tried 8 dealerships and they all seem to have the attitude, "we are too busy with business, so we don't really need yours..." Generally I find that NYC are car dealerships are snotty in attitude and there are HUGE turnover rates for salespeople, but I have to say, the NYC area Ford dealership experience so far feels like I am back in 1980's.
Every dealership/repair shop in the country has a drop box for keys so that people can drop their cars off late at night or early in the morning. Most people who have issues with their car after it sits overnight are smart enough to take advantage of this feature.

I'm sure the dealerships you're "accustomed to" would park your car in the showroom, rope it off and have a mechanic sleep underneath it for the duration of your staycation just in case the sound reappears when they are cleaning their stethoscopes. It's perfectly natural to call 8 dealerships and demand they store your car, especially when the weather has been so bad and you can't be bothered to drive to any of them. You have every right to be upset with how Ford has treated you - when I go to a dealership and the receptionist pours me a coffee but neglects to give me a complimentary blow job I get entirely bent out shape.

:headbonk:

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Call the 1800 number and complain. My brakes are squealing BAD now people are like WTF is wrong with that new car... still waiting on my new breaks

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Call the 1800 number and complain.
What is there to complain about? No dealers have refused service; he hasn't even taken the car in for service yet! Dealers are refusing to baby sit his car while he goes on vacation.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I have no experience with Ford but bmw, Toyota and infiniti have all far exceeded my expectations with their quality of customer service. I can tell you when shopping at 2 different Ford dealerships I had unpleasant experiences with their sales staff. One was so bad my wife wanted to go back to the bmw dealership! But I went to 2 other Ford dealerships that were great so I guess with Ford it's hit or miss.
When my car was at bmw for service I felt confident that they took care of addressing all my issues, and my car always got detailed and smelled like brand new when I got it back. That was cool. Their garage area was very clean and organized.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
without taking sides, I will just say that dealing with NYC area dealerships is generally a nightmare. Try a dealership further out. as inconvenient as it may be, it'll be worth it. if it werent for my salesguy, i'd drive down to MD/VA to buy my cars.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Discrediting Ford because a few of their services departments aren't living up to your expectations is a little far fetched. Shop dealers until you find one to your liking. You probably did the same thing when looking to purchase the car, I know I did. And just because a few had people that weren't up to snuff, didn't make the car any less amazing. Shop around, be realistic and good luck.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
If the sound that you're hearing is a rattle coming from the rear windshield area, it might be ice sitting in between the glass and the trunk lid. I had that happen to me a few times before I realized what it was. Once I took a piece of ice out the sound was gone

MsBlur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anissa
Vehicle(s)
64.5 vert, 05 Roush Stg 1 vert, 15 GT prem vert
I love how you're going to boycott an entire brand because a few dealership service departments won't agree to your way of them doing business, over the phone no less. These people don't know you, you didn't buy your car from them, you've never had service done by them; you're just a voice on the phone.

With all the liability issues and the cost of insurance in our "sue, sue mentality" society, can you honestly blame them for not wanting to babysit/store your car for a week? Now suppose they agreed to hang on to your car for a week (for no reason) as well as 50 other cars belonging to other people that are going on vacation for a week... where are they suppose to put them?

trublie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT500, 2015 Ruby Red Mustang V-6
Sorry you've had a bad experience, but you're painting a REALLY broad brush assuming all Ford dealers are bad based on that experience with one dealer.
I second that. I have never had a bad service experience with any Ford dealer. They bend over backwards to be nice. Ford constantly does customer surveys and the service people know it. They offer courtesy rides to your home or work too. Have you talked to the service manager and/or owner? I am sure they would want to know how your request was handled. :ford:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Frankly I would be prepared for even a great dealership to say they didn't hear the noise. It's a new car and you hear a noise after it sits. My guess is nothing's wrong and you're just being picky. I probably wouldn't hear the noise.

If you can figure out more specifically exactly what is happening and you find out that it is actually some kind of defect that needs fixing, then I expect you will get it repaired quickly. Some relatives of a friend constantly have their cars in to fix this or that noise. Seems to me like they are a real PITA for the dealership and end up costing the rest of us a lot of money.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.