Thinking of Supercharging my car

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I have a base model Gt and was just curious on what you guys think as far as which supercharger to go with at first I wanted a Paxton 2200, but now I'm thinkin about the Kenne Bell. I've also thought about the On3 TT kit I'm not sure. My car as it sits only has the Flowmaster outlaws and an H-pipe (it sounds like a monster) it has 3.31 gears in the rear and is a 6 speed manual. It will be a DD with once in a blue moon a drag strip pass ( I haven't taken it yet though) what do you guys think. It's going to be a while before I do get it but figured I'd get opinions first :cheers:
Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Don't think about it....just do it!

[ame]

Whipple SC's are awesome by the way!

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
Get ready for the suggestions to do a search, it has been talked about many a times. I like and went with the centrifugal for the top end rush and allot less stress on the motor. Also, a little bit easier to control for traction. If you want instant tire shredding power, go witha positive displacement blower. If price is a factor, then the centrifugal is going to be much easier on the wallet, unless you can get in on the 10-15% specials they are running on the Kenne Bells and Whipples.

Mike@TBR

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 dib pp gt
let me know if there is any way I can help you in your search for the best form of forced induction.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I can almost promise this will become a screaming match of witch brand is better....lol
Do your own research, take your time and find the system that fits you. If you have a speed shop in your area and ask pro's and cons of each. Their are several venders on this forum you can ask or call. Going FI is great and you won't regret it. It really brings this car to life!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
let me know if there is any way I can help you in your search for the best form of forced induction.
I will definitely be doing that I'm more towards the Paxton which of course you guys will be the ones I go with if I do

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Paxton, Vortech, procharger....still not sure which of the 3 is the best for the money. Any advantages of one over the other, or all they all basically the same?

Also, so the price differences on TBR site based on the injectors. Is it worth the price to go with ID's over the Duetschworks and other choice?

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I'm assuming your saying go Centri?

As far as Centris go I like the Paxton/ Vortech (pretty much the same) better it's more bang for your buck plus I don't like how Procharger puts the intake filter right beside the headers. I like my air going in my engine to be as cold as I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
I'm assuming your saying go Centri?

As far as Centris go I like the Paxton/ Vortech (pretty much the same) better it's more bang for your buck plus I don't like how Procharger puts the intake filter right beside the headers. I like my air going in my engine to be as cold as I can

My procharged S550 has the intake filter tucked in the fender well behind the headlight, Nowhere near the headers. I believe Vortech might be the one near the headers, but I don't know much about Paxton/Vortech.

Ruby red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby red premium GT
of the three systems you listed I would run the Kenny bell kit. It will meet you needs and the car will also have stock like drive ability. You should also look into whipple the make a great supercharger.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
My procharged S550 has the intake filter tucked in the fender well behind the headlight, Nowhere near the headers. I believe Vortech might be the one near the headers, but I don't know much about Paxton/Vortech.

It may be the ones on the previous model I apologize if I am wrong about the new ones haha that may change my opinion a little but I've heard nothing but great things about Paxton's 2200 kit

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
of the three systems you listed I would run the Kenny bell kit. It will meet you needs and the car will also have stock like drive ability. You should also look into whipple the make a great supercharger.

Can you expand on this a little? I've heard that they are worse on the engine because your in boost all the time and are harder to drive because of your not careful you'll spin the tires off also I heard they fall off at the top end of the rpm range

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Have you looked at Whipple?

We're knocking out a Whipple with ARH this weekend and we're knocking out another Whipple next weekend. You being in Columbus you're about 6 hours from us a Fort Bragg.

You have lots of choices though. I'm personally a fan of Whipple/ Paxton/ VMP.

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Have you looked at Whipple?

We're knocking out a Whipple with ARH this weekend and we're knocking out another Whipple next weekend. You being in Columbus you're about 6 hours from us a Fort Bragg.

You have lots of choices though. I'm personally a fan of Whipple/ Paxton/ VMP.

I thought about them but I heard that Kenne Bell was a better system and I saw that their system was liquid cooled which I thought was cool I also though about Paxton which is what I'm kind of thinking about the most but am not sure I've never heard of VMP

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
VMP is doing some impressive things right now with their system. I am however, still a big fan of both the whipple and Paxton setups.
Sponsored