Thinking of Supercharging my car

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Hmm interesting how hard is it to install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm doing mine in my home garage. It's basically disconnecting hoses and drain coolant, unbolting the upper intake, replace hoses and lines with whippled supplied and bolting on heat exchanger and blower. The front intercooler heat exchanger is not hard, just follow directions for removing front bumper cover and bolt on the heat exchanger and fans if supplied. Connect the wiring for the heat exchanger coolant pump. The directions are very well done and the kit leaves nothing to chance. This would not be considered difficult, if you have some mechanical ability and can read direction and take your time it can be done in a weekend.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I'm doing mine in my home garage. It's basically disconnecting hoses and drain coolant, unbolting the upper intake, replace hoses and lines with whippled supplied and bolting on heat exchanger and blower. The front intercooler heat exchanger is not hard, just follow directions for removing front bumper cover and bolt on the heat exchanger and fans if supplied. Connect the wiring for the heat exchanger coolant pump. The directions are very well done and the kit leaves nothing to chance. This would not be considered difficult, if you have some mechanical ability and can read direction and take your time it can be done in a weekend.

Well considering I'm a mechanic I'm sure I can handle it ;) just was seeing what was involved

OP
OP

Underoverated

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
We're doing a Whipple right now and a member on here in OH is coming down to get his installed the following week:) Like any supercharger, just take your time.

We install about 1 a week of these, we're pretty well versed on this specific setup. OEM quality.... you will be impressed.

You whipple guys are really swaying me lol I guess since I have the 3.31s my car is perfect for it

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
We're the only aftermarket power adder built and tested on the same equipment and tested to oem standards.

Our own 2015 auto GT just cut a blistering 10.1@138 with the same exact kit you can buy for $7999 and its e85 ready.

We're here if you are interested in chatting about it, but as far as who we are... What we do... And how well we do it, just Google vmp gen 2 tvs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have to give VMP a :thumbsup: After seeing what Kelly's car is running, absolutely amazing! I do love my whipple and the quality but I'm thinking that the VMP is faster at the track. I guess we will see as more Whipples hit the track.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm also a little jealous of the VMP cars they seem to be putting down some good times.

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I wanted a Whipple but the price was to much for me and it was way more power than I needed to reach my goal .. I went with Prochargers HO Kit and a custom tune .. I met my goal .. I wanted 10.90s and got 10.80s and great drivability.. I'm getting 19 to 20 in town and 26 to 27 Hwy MPG .. If I had to do it again i'd do the same thing ..

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I will post my 2 cents worth. I have the Paxton 2200 kit and really enjoy it. My main reasons for going with the centri kit was keeping the power at bay at lower RPMs and the lower impact on the drive train under boost. If I were to have gone with a PD kit, it would have been the Whipple kit. I am seeing really positive things around here with them.

No matter what direction you go, I think you will be pleased.

Ruby red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby red premium GT
Can you expand on this a little? I've heard that they are worse on the engine because your in boost all the time and are harder to drive because of your not careful you'll spin the tires off also I heard they fall off at the top end of the rpm range

Kenne bell superchargers are a twin screw design. They work similar to the whipple and roush superchargers. At idle there is no boost under mild acceleration there is little boost under hard acceleration you get your full boost. No supercharger on the market will be in a state of constant boost and every kit out there will cause you to spin out if you aren't careful. As for them falling off at the top end the I don't know they graph on their web site has them making power to around 7k.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Which is the easiest to maintain?

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius

I think the maintenance part is about the same on all the setups. PD blowers have oil that need changing so do some off the Centris. The Turbo is oil fed which requires tapping the oil pan for return

Sponsored

VNMOUS1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vmpprformance.com
First Name
bj
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT500, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang, 2017 Focus RS
Zero maint needed on the VMP or Roush. Filled at the factory with a 100000 mile life expectancy

bj

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP

VNMOUS1

Threads
Reaction score