Thinking about a 18-21, questions on models/options

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I sold my 66 last week, swore I was done, miss it now. It was a coupe that I made into a street/strip; roll bar, 434w nearly 800 NA, spool and so on. It was to loud and not comfortable. It was my car as a kid, and I built it about 10 years ago as the car I wanted as a teenager. It was cool for a while, though it got old and I quite driving it about 2 years ago. I enjoy my modded F250 much more.

Anyways, looking to get an A10 GT and put a Hellion TT (really would like a fatman 1250R, but I enjoy putting things together). One of my biggest lessons learned was spending money twice with my last car. I put two motors in and transmissions because I didn't think about the end game when I started. I was looking at used 2018 premium GTs and noticed new 2020s base GTs are less or the same price. I plan on wheels, brakes, all the suspension and other items. End goal is something like the 1250R, but as quiet as possible. I actually prefer cloth seats. So finally the question, of the different options, would I be better off with a new car base GT, than a premium or PP equiped used GT knowing I'll replace most things or is there something I should look for?
Sponsored

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You just have to figure out what options you have to have. Also, knowing what upgrades you will want will help reduce paying needlessly for options. I bought a base '20 A10 GT with the 301A option. I thought the cloth seats were alright and the 9 speakers system with the bigger screen would be good. I also liked the idea of the drive select switches. A year later I wish I had the premium interior although the added cost wasn't an option at the time. The 9 speaker system got upgraded because it was dismal although I kept the factory head unit. The suspension and wheels have been upgraded too so I am glad I didn't get the PP1. None of the heavy factory wheels are desirable to me.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Base weighs approximately 100# less than premium also so there’s that

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sounds like you had a nice classic coupe!

If you’re looking for a newer S550 for fun and something a little beyond stock, hit up Lebanon Ford - they offer supercharged platforms for very good money and there’s some M6G members here who have purchased from them.

This is just an example, but on their site they have many other options:
https://www.lebanonfordperformance.com/2020-supercharged-mustang-for-42495/
Sponsored