Sponsored

Have you changed your mind about models/options based on owner reviews?

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
I was ordering Recaro's until I sat in the base cloth seats. I liked them just as well and they were better for everyday use. Slightly less support, but overall a much better option for me.
That's great news about the cloth seats, I loved our cloth seats in our 05 Mustang GT.

DeColores
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yeah, heated seats would be a big PLUS in South FL, LMAO.
I'll avoid the skin cancer and the never being able to wear a properly tailored suit without sweating through it, thanks. Great place to visit for a week every year, though.

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base GT w/ PP...Everything else is fluff to me. What I've read so far confirms this...
Looking at your eclectic list of cars, the Mustang I hope will be your all time favorite! :ford:

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I went from being on the fence about getting the performance pack to wanting it 100% based on reviews and a test drive. I was worried it would be too stiff, but it turns out it is just right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
No change here. A lot of people removed the Recaros, from what I was seeing, but I'm definitely keeping them; they change the whole look/attitude of the car. And after Matt Farrah saying they're needed I'm sure there will always be quite a few owners that feel a little regret when a Recaro car pulls up next to them at a stop light.

As for the premium? Still too much for what you get in my eyes, especially after the complaints about the stereo. I've already heard from Crutchfield and an integration unit probably isn't too far out so I probably will replace the base radio with something slightly easier on the eyes.

Performance pack - still think it's worth it. I'll be seeing some Auto-X's and some twisty roads in the hills and I don't appreciate cooked brakes. I'm sure I want wider tires on all four corners; gonna wait to see what can fit stock and then price out coil overs and such down the road, no rush for that stuff though.

Sponsored

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the last 6 months that I've researched this car, I considered nothing but the Premium GT. The MFT, leather seats, shaker 500, and pony projection lights were the big draws. I expected to spend $40k for this car and never even considered the base GT model until yesterday.

Yesterday, I went to dealership to check out the Base Gt and found that the cloth seats were comfortable and powered, the center console was better than anything I ever had, and the little screen between the tach and speedometer blew me away (didn't know that this was a feature on the base model).

After the test drive, I was sold.

Ultimately, I decided to buy the base GT for a little under $33k without reservation/regret.

In my experience (coming from an 04 base GT), the 2015 GT was like a 100x upgrade.

dcspears,

That's a great story, and a nice find! Congratulations!

DeColores

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
I'll avoid the skin cancer and the never being able to wear a properly tailored suit without sweating through it, thanks. Great place to visit for a week every year, though.
How do I conceal carry my .45 with a "properly tailored" suit?

I'll take skin cancer over driving on snowed and salted roads everyday...

FiveTenths

Threads
Reaction score
You'd rather have skin cancer then drive on a salted road? One of the dumber posts I've read...

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I went from solidly in the EB camp to maxing out a GT. I want the chance to tinker with a V8 before they go away from mass production eventually. I think the EB still appeals much more to my inner tuner, but I think the V8 is a car I can get away making changes without blowing a turbo or fighting with the ECU all the time.

mhand52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 MCA V6 & e30 BMW
I have had a slight change of heart...

Seeing the customer reviews of build quality grow my concern. After reading these reviews and doing some thinking of my own, I have decided not to buy a 2015 Mustang. I'll explain.

Build Quality: yes, the pictures of awful body gaps and a very early recall bother me. But truth is, if I was looking at a car that had poor body alignment, I just wouldn't buy that one and odds are the next one that came along would be fine. Backwards Cats don't effect me for being an ecoboost buyer, and the seat belt is no biggie. But to me, this will be "the car." My end-all-be-all, have for my kids to drive car. How many things like this will come up in 10+ years of ownership. In 1 model year, none of this, or much of anything else will be an issue once they iron out the first year kinks.

Another thing for me right now is price. I want an Ecoboost Premium with PP. Can't compromise on either simply because I would regret not getting them forever. Once again, I would have it forever. Yes I can afford it, but I would like to live a little more comfortably at the moment. Maybe if I wait, I could upgrade to a GT with the same options. More the reason to wait for a 2016 model year, that will be coming after my second annual review, and a nice pay increase (: I could treat myself and price will be less of a reoccurring factor.

I am a die-hard Mustang fanatic. I think the S550 is the best Mustang to date and will be my perfect car. I want it to be perfect so much, that I refuse to settle for less. Being my first new car, new Mustang, and as a big part of my life, I want a pain-free pleasure-filled experience.

That all being said, I'm antsy to buy a new car, as my e30 is packing on miles and deserves to be restored and collected. I don't want to have to drive it till the wheels fall off. I'm looking for a car. To me, the perfect compromise is an early coyote v8. I'm currently on the hunt for a low-ish miled 2011-2013 GT for around $22k. If anyone is looking on trading theirs on the 2015, keep me in mind. It will go to a good home before I trade it in myself in a couple years for my own S550 (:

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

:shocked:

I'd definitely like to not worry about snowy roads. But that has to be one of the more questionable statements I've read in awhile.

xTexasfightx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James or Mack.
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB

As a cancer survivor, I take great offense to this. You sure as hell don't want any type of cancer. What a stupid, stupid statement. Tongue-in-cheek or not.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I started out wanting a base GT because cloth seats are grippier than leather when cornering, and nothing that comes in the Premium makes it go any faster: I'd resigned myself to dropping $1,000 to upgrade the stereo to something I could live with.

Then I found out that by spending $50 to join the Mustang Club of America, I'd qualify for X-Plan pricing... $2,500 off list. So, take the $1,000 for the stereo, add the $2,500 I'm saving with the X-Plan, and that's $3,500 toward the $4,000 cost of upgrading to Premium. So I ordered a GT Premium with Premiere Seating (sight unseen) and base 18" wheels, figuring I could pick up a set of shiny black 19" EcoBoost PP wheel/tire takeoffs on ebay in the Spring, since everyone hates them (and gunmetal PlastiKote's cheap).

Then, a week ago (my VIN had just shown up on COTUS), a base GT shows up in Feasterville with the stock 18" wheels - hated them! The twin spokes look spindly and WAY too small in the wheel wells. No biggie - the next morning, I call my sales guy Jeff and he's able to add 18" Foundry wheels ($155 ) to my order: cheap fix. BUT...

The same day a member responds to my post in the 6G forum asking what the mystery $395 Premiere Seating looks like in a black interior, letting me know it mostly adds Cashmere brown stitching without any complimentary-color insert panels — Burn!
So now I've got $395 for interior upgrades no one will notice and $155 for wheels I want to replace in the Spring, for a total of $550. And the optional wheels I really like cost $995.

Hmm... that's $1,545, almost as much as the $1,595 50th Anniversary Appearance Package that comes with the wheels I want, interior upgrades I can see, and the pony corral grill trim and taillight brightwork that I love. Jeff!

So that's how I ended up with a GT Premium with the 50th Anniversary Package instead of a base GT... it's a slippery slope once you get started!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The same day a member responds to my post in the 6G forum asking what the mystery $395 Premiere Seating looks like in a black interior, letting me know it mostly adds Cashmere brown stitching without any complimentary-color insert panels — Burn!
I don't think that is correct.

Also, the premiere 68B gives you additional stitching and support and higher quality materials on the seats.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I don't think that is correct.

Also, the premiere 68B gives you additional stitching and support and higher quality materials on the seats.
You get all of those things with the 50th Anniversary Package as well.
Sponsored