Sponsored

Have you changed your mind about models/options based on owner reviews?

Pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0
I'm debating the Performance Pack now. It seems more for street use, so I might go base and put together the suspension myself.

I'm on the fence and waiting to see what 18's fit over the 6 piston brembos. There is no way I'm paying for 19inch track tires -__-
Sponsored

Smitty02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Cooled Seats - Also have this. Bottom definitely works, back is pretty weak. If you want authentically cooled seats, rather than vented, good luck at the GT prem's 36k MSRP. For the class of car and price, they're a huge step forward from anything offered by the competition or by Mustang in the past, and not even offered at a similar price from lux brands, other than maybe, Buick? It's certainly better than going to base seats... The comfort of the seats is universally praised and far better than the money-saving alternative.

For me this is a huge driver to go with Premium. Ventilated seats will be so nice in Houston, and even nobody offers them at anything near this price point - I have looked. Even if they aren't up to luxury car standards, the ventilation will help so much. I wear slacks and a button up to work every day even if it is 100 out...

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Blind Spot ordered

I ordered the BLIS option.
Last year, while backing out of a spot with large pickup trucks on both sides I was hit by an inattentive driver. I couldn't see any side cross traffic at all, just tall doors. My wheels were barely turning, and my rear end had just cleared the backs of the trucks when the lady using her cell phone clipped my bumper.
Her insurance company did pay for the damage, but I was out several days of work pay (taking the vehicle to the insurance adjuster, taking it to the repair shop, and picking it up).

One blind spot incident and the BLIS will probably have paid for itself.

I also found out my insurance company will lower my collision premiums.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I ordered the BLIS option.
Last year, while backing out of a spot with large pickup trucks on both sides I was hit by an inattentive driver. I couldn't see any side cross traffic at all, just tall doors. My wheels were barely turning, and my rear end had just cleared the backs of the trucks when the lady using her cell phone clipped my bumper.
Her insurance company did pay for the damage, but I was out several days of work pay (taking the vehicle to the insurance adjuster, taking it to the repair shop, and picking it up).

One blind spot incident and the BLIS will probably have paid for itself.

I also found out my insurance company will lower my collision premiums.
The reverse sensing system would have probably saved your bacon in that situation as well.

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
I originally ordered the Gt premium with pp, 401a, nav, and security packages. I have since re-ordered a GT Premium with pp only. At first, I was excited about the shaker pro and BLIS, but decided I don't need or want them enough, so now I am saving almost $3k.

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Premiere Seating

You get all of those things with the 50th Anniversary Package as well.
Thanks, Jimmy. Yep, and with the 50th Anniversary logo on the seats, not to mention the 50th dash plaque and other bits, it feels like a much better value for the money.

P.S. - Your Deep Impact Blue is stunning in person: what you have on order is pretty much the car I saw at the dealer, less the 50th package (my wife wanted me to go back and buy that one instead of the yellow one I ordered) :)

16 days and counting on COTUS !

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
For me this is a huge driver to go with Premium. Ventilated seats will be so nice in Houston, and even nobody offers them at anything near this price point - I have looked.
You can get cooled seats on a Volkswagen Jetta for a lot less than a Mustang.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Reverse Sensing System vs BLIS

I have 'reverse sensing systems' on two of my vehicles. It is very accurate for indicating what is approximately straight behind you. But the sensor beams are not very wide so it doesn't sense anything to the side.

I didn't back into the car passing behind me, she clipped me from the side of my rear bumper. In my situation, I would have had to immediately put the car into drive and jump forward. The idiot driver was passing behind the trucks only about 6 inches from scraping them.

The pre-production car that was at my dealer had BLIS. It sensed any car sized object coming at 90 degrees. The rear still had to extend out about a foot so that the rear fender side sensors could send out the beam.

By the way, BLIS would not have helped when a cop fell at sleep at the wheel and tore off a fender on my 1972 Yellow Mach I.

Obie

If I could turn back time
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecobust
Smitty02 said:
For me this is a huge driver to go with Premium. Ventilated seats will be so nice in Houston, and even nobody offers them at anything near this price point - I have looked. Even if they aren't up to luxury car standards, the ventilation will help so much. I wear slacks and a button up to work every day even if it is 100 out...
Have you tested the seats yet? I would hate for you to get your hopes up like I did. The cooling feature is practically useless, definitely the worst of the cooled seats Ive experienced.

Sponsored

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I wish I could order the car in everyone color, but I was torn between Oxford white or Guard. I wound up choosing Guard.

In regards to the reverse sensors, would there be any benefits to adding it to the order? I mean, since there is a backup camera, would you really need the sensors?

aladams713

RMCS(SS) USN Ret.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metalic 5.0 w/50 year pack
I wish I could order the car in everyone color, but I was torn between Oxford white or Guard. I wound up choosing Guard.

In regards to the reverse sensors, would there be any benefits to adding it to the order? I mean, since there is a backup camera, would you really need the sensors?
I have a both a backup camera and the reverse sensors in my 2012 GT 5.0 premium. I find the reversing sensors helpful but not necessary. So it's our call. :)

aladams713

RMCS(SS) USN Ret.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metalic 5.0 w/50 year pack
Yesterday I saw the wheels with the eco-boost for the first time. Not very impressed. I know it's a matter of personal preference but not my cup of tea. I wish there was another option for wheels for the performance pack.

erne75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
You'd rather have skin cancer then drive on a salted road? One of the dumber posts I've read...
I see a lot of sand in men's manginas around here...

The comment was tongue in cheek but sun exposure causing skin cancer has been blown out of proportions for a long time. Consequently Vitamin D deficiency is now very common because all the "unfounded" fear to healthy sun exposure.

And driving on the snow still sucks and salted roads destroy your cars...

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I see a lot of sand in men's manginas around here...
Jeez, sexist much?

The comment was tongue in cheek but sun exposure causing skin cancer has been blown out of proportions for a long time. Consequently Vitamin D deficiency is now very common because all the "unfounded" fear to healthy sun exposure.

And driving on the snow still sucks and salted roads destroy your cars...
If you say driving on the snow sucks, you've obviously never done a proper winter rally. Driving on snow is literally my favorite type of driving.
Sponsored