Sponsored

Have you changed your mind about models/options based on owner reviews?

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
Has anyone else changed their mind about what spec of car they want based on all the driving and ownership impressions?

I for one am less keen on both Premium and Performance packages - issues with Premier Trim leather have turned me off to Redline interior (though I still love and may have to have it), I'm yet to read a positive review of the heated/cooled seats, MFT brightness concerns along with the quality of the base center stack have me thinking I can live without MFT, comments on the lack of volume on the Shaker Pro make me think the 6-speaker is probably a better buy, etc. Also the PP doesn't seem to do a whole lot to stiffen up the car on the limit, which is really the only reason I would pay extra for a 'performance pack', even if the feature list is impressive. By all accounts the body structure is excellent even without the k-brace, etc., and same goes for the base brakes. I'd rather target that money at a real suspension upgrade if I felt like I needed it.

Long story short I was set on an EB premium with PP, but the base setup looks so good I'm thinking seriously about a base model GT instead (in black or magnetic to mask the lack of body color rear diffuser, which was a big selling point for Premium as well).
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still keen on the premium, premier, and PP equipment.

Premium:
I need those toggles in my life purely based on aesthetics. They fit the cockpit theme too well to pass up in my opinion, and I really don't like how the base stack looks like it's at least five years in the past. For someone that puts function over form, the base is the logical option. I like my leather (the premature leather wear issue hasn't been reported with the Recaros AFAIK), my entertainment hub, and all of the IP design changes that the premium trim brings with it. The interior wouldn't be nearly as interesting to me without the switches and MyColor options. And dear god, I could not take my S550 without the multi-piece rear diffuser styling.

Premier:
I love the contrast stitching and the idea of having more soft touch surfaces for a nominal fee. I don't see a downside to this other than it being an added cost.

PP:
There's a lot of kit that comes with this. Sure, I'll be swapping out for a set of coilovers and rubber which negates the suspension benes, but the front calipers, strut tower and K-member bracing, retuned electronics (unique "ABS tuning"... which I assume means later intervention, and unique traction tuning... might be used in the rare case that I leave it on), extended front splitter, and spoiler delete are all worth the money. I'll most likely sell the stock PP suspension and get some return on that investment, and I'll make do with the P Zeros for the 15,000 miles they'll hopefully last.

klousgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT Black
Yes reviews of the premier/premium trim had me adding Premier trim to my order just a few weeks ago.

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No change ordered what I wanted and sticking with it

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Has anyone else changed their mind about what spec of car they want based on all the driving and ownership impressions?

I for one am less keen on both Premium and Performance packages - issues with Premier Trim leather have turned me off to Redline interior (though I still love and may have to have it), I'm yet to read a positive review of the heated/cooled seats, MFT brightness concerns along with the quality of the base center stack have me thinking I can live without MFT, comments on the lack of volume on the Shaker Pro make me think the 6-speaker is probably a better buy, etc. Also the PP doesn't seem to do a whole lot to stiffen up the car on the limit, which is really the only reason I would pay extra for a 'performance pack', even if the feature list is impressive. By all accounts the body structure is excellent even without the k-brace, etc., and same goes for the base brakes. I'd rather target that money at a real suspension upgrade if I felt like I needed it.

Long story short I was set on an EB premium with PP, but the base setup looks so good I'm thinking seriously about a base model GT instead (in black or magnetic to mask the lack of body color rear diffuser, which was a big selling point for Premium as well).
Base model is very well equipped and the GT is effing sweet! That being said, I wanted to point a few things out to help your decision and play the devil's advocate.

First of all I have had ford cloth and leather in a new-gen Focus. 34k miles into a cloth seat focus and it bunched worse than the same amount of miles in the focus with leather. The mustang's leather is softer (and better) than the Focus, but I wouldn't worry about it being much of an issue. Don't let one pic blow you away. I test drove an ecoboost with the brown/black leather with 8,000 miles on the odo and the leather on the seat was not bunched up like that redline picture. Otherwise, F Ford lol. In that same test drive, I could def feel the cooled seats on the bottom and seatback through jeans and two layers, and it felt good. It wasn't hot out at all either and i could still feel the cool.

Ive owned MFT in the Focus and brightness was never much of an issue. My interior was extra dark with 20% tints, still no issue with brightness at night, I just turned the manual offset down. The changes from earlier versions to now are night and day, and the upcoming major overhaul will possibly be all software that you can upload for free (pending confirmation). The big advantage MFT has is being able to manually browse music, and the Navi is a nice thing to free the phone up esp since voice inputs are very accurate. FWIW the base system was actually a tad slower to respond to button presses than the MFT i had. The non-MFT button presses are not all instant (wtf ford???)

The base center stack is decent looking with the GT or PP aluminum trim but I doubt it will age very well given base model Corollas have touch screens. I used to do 100% of the sound system upgrades in my past cars including wiring amps and subs, and I will GLADLY take the mid-level system over the base one because it has the extra door cutouts for the mid-range speakers. It also has the wiring tract for the ford amp; muuuuuch closer to plug-n-play than having to make extra cut outs and finagle a wiring tract when your replacing it, unless your crafty with a saw and ripping trim apart. Dont waste the money on the premium shaker/bliss. if your already this concerned, stick to the midrange and upgrade the components, plug and play.

Finally for the Performance pack, everyone seems to be hung up on the suspension upgrades and I would like to make a few things clear:
- You get a lot more than just stiffer springs/rear sway bar:
"That track package eliminates all rubber from the front suspension links responsible for transmitting lateral forces from the tires to the chassis, replacing them with metal-to-metal ball joints. The suspension cradle to which they are attached is also un-isolated, all of which makes for more immediate reactions to steering inputs, and (theoretically) more feedback through the adjustable electric-assist steering. (It’s supplied by the same folks who made the Boss 302’s rack.) "
http://sections.latimes.com/performance/2014/06/#?article=2261628

- the ride is still compliant for daily abuse. Car is already planted and handles well, so why butcher it with expensive aftermarket suspension that will as much to buy and install than the entire PP?
- The EB PP handles like its on rails. All the negative reviews point to the GT's setup! (and I also think thats a load of crap) The EB PP is hard to match at the limit IMO.

The EB PP radiator is also bigger than the stock GT's.

Good luck! You will be happy either way. tough choice between a base GT and a premium PP EB, but just remember the PP EB can still do 150 :)

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
If anyone has any doubt as to what they ordered... I strongly suggest searching for mustang that arrived at your local dealers.... test driving and seeing it yourself should help make up your mind but definitely Try to get a test drive in.... I have not test driven but seeing these in person and sitting in them .. it is amazing! Especially the GT Premium... for each person are critical as to what they like.. many may have the same opinion... you should get one for yourself... it's your money and your opinion should count over someone elses

Ayatollah Humungous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
When I ordered I was under the impression I could access the driving modes through the steering wheel controls so I did not order the premium. Now that I know it is only a toggle switch option I kinda wish I would have gone with the premium. Plus, my girlfriend really, really loves the pony projectors.

I like cloth and really didn't want leather so I am pretty sure I would have made the same choice even with all the information. I am content with my base PP.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
When I ordered I was under the impression I could access the driving modes through the steering wheel controls so I did not order the premium. Now that I know it is only a toggle switch option I kinda wish I would have gone with the premium. Plus, my girlfriend really, really loves the pony projectors.

I like cloth and really didn't want leather so I am pretty sure I would have made the same choice even with all the information. I am content with my base PP.
One of the sales guys who was pricing out a car for me said that in his system he could order cloth seats with premium. No idea if he was right or not.

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
One of the sales guys who was pricing out a car for me said that in his system he could order cloth seats with premium. No idea if he was right or not.
I just want leather seats + toggle switches+ ambients, that's interesting if they can customize it

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I just want leather seats + toggle switches+ ambients, that's interesting if they can customize it
Well, I think leather to cloth was the extent of any customizations. If that was even truly possible, not sure.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Yah after seeing reviews and actually seeing the EB in person and hearing it, quick rev, run in it, etc...I dropped the EB from consideration.

Going V6 or GT. If V6 was in premium, would have ordered by now. Seeing whats a possible aftermarket and still might go V6 and use the 8 grand upcharge for the GT to just get things I want.

Just waiting for some test models to show up in the NOVA area.

Well, I think leather to cloth was the extent of any customizations. If that was even truly possible, not sure.
You would think the correct way you would do options is engine (EB, V6, V8), then trim (base or premium), then wheels, safety, entertainment, etc.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I ordered almost exactly what I will be getting. Two changes during Order Processing as a result of experience on the forum, and guys actually seeing the cars. I added the 68B Redline (rather than Dark Saddle) based on the rave in-person reviews. How can you lose for $347? And I rethought not having a spare tire, and added that when I added 68B.

Very happy with the result, and really appreciate all the input and ideas from this forum.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I originally was going to get 401A, but there has been a general dislike or "ho-hum" response to the Shaker Pro. I liked the idea of a "premium" radio from the factory so I never need to worry about warranty replacement issues, but I'm not spending 2K on a radio that just isn't that great. 2K will get you some pretty kick ass speakers and a good subwoofer with a good amp.

And yes, I know 401A comes with BLIS and memory seating, but I'll be the only driver of this car, and I have never had nor have I ever desired blind spot monitoring, so those options really don't appeal to me.

Everything else stayed the same though.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
No change for me, still set on a base Ruby Red GT PP with a 6-spd.

Actually, the Recaro's are questionable. Need to sit in both seats to figure out which one I really want.

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Waiting for the car with fingers crossed that the fit and finish issues are now being addressed during assembly. We know we won't have backward cats or seatbelt issues as they are in fact being addressed on the line. Very excited to get our car.
Sponsored