Sponsored

Things you never knew your car did!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'd hate that. The clutch is my preferred method to disengage cruise control. Can you at least turn that "feature" off?
I don't have a manual trans, but I have had some. Somehow, I can't seem to understand how cruise control works with a manual. Can't help but think it would be confusing driving.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks - I would never have found that on my own... with the manual perhaps, but certainly not if I ever needed it...
True about other things as well. Keep the paper manual in the car and keep the digital one in your smart phone if you carry one.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
My ford pass app has digital copy of the manual.as well as other documents

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I don't have a manual trans, but I have had some. Somehow, I can't seem to understand how cruise control works with a manual. Can't help but think it would be confusing driving.
It's pretty easy. First you turn it on... Then once you get to a stable velocity you press set and then just have to steer.

It's like an intelligent throttle stop. Up until 2018 the clutch pedal acted just like the brake as far as cancelling, only the clutch doesn't display brake lights to the traffic behind you.

In my opinion, if you're shifting, there's no reason to use cruise control.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It's pretty easy. First you turn it on... Then once you get to a stable velocity you press set and then just have to steer.

It's like an intelligent throttle stop. Up until 2018 the clutch pedal acted just like the brake as far as cancelling, only the clutch doesn't display brake lights to the traffic behind you.

In my opinion, if you're shifting, there's no reason to use cruise control.
Thanks. That makes sense. All the stick cars I've owned never had cruise control.
Makes total sense that the clutch would deactivate cruise.

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
The illuminated MUSTANG sill plates can change color. They are linked to the ambient lighting color setting. I thought this was a premium option but it came with my 301A package. It's the little things that mean the most. :inlove:
I’m confused as hell lol when I change the color to red it does speedometer rpm etc and gauges. My door sill and other lighting stays blue. Any tips lol

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
Can you play Apple Music from the arm rest usb? I plug mine in there and the car doesn’t recognize it. It just charges it. But if I plug into the one by the shifter it connects and I can stream.
Most aftermarket cords don’t work. It takes the factory usb cord for most of us.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I’m confused as hell lol when I change the color to red it does speedometer rpm etc and gauges. My door sill and other lighting stays blue. Any tips lol
  • There are 3 sections to choose colors for.one of them is door sills and console.its the last choice in my color section.i think it's called ambient,not sure.i have premium gt and don't know is all gts have it

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
You need to change the ambient lighting color (foot wells, cupholders, door sills). There's also an option to dim them, but I'm not sure why anyone would want that...
Mainly it's so you can see out of the windows when it's dark outside. (Dark as in millions of visible stars, not just dark as in the sun is below the horizon.)

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I finally found the gas tube used to fill the gas tank. It opens up both valves on the gas line to the gas tank. It's hidden in the trunk.

CVCashmer
e

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
"primary color" and "secondary color" refer to the colors on the dash. The rest of the lighting in the cabin is called "ambient lighting" and has its own setting

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
"primary color" and "secondary color" refer to the colors on the dash. The rest of the lighting in the cabin is called "ambient lighting" and has its own setting
Primary and Secondary is for cars with the digital gauge feature. Analog gauge Mycolor has "Gauge Color, Halo, Ambient Light".