The Yellow trucking company meltdown, explained

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I used them quite a bit. The local guys here have been there a really long time. No doubt they’ll be pissed at there representation. The rates across the board have become pretty much extortion level in many cases.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I used them quite a bit. The local guys here have been there a really long time. No doubt they’ll be pissed at there representation. The rates across the board have become pretty much extortion level in many cases.
I remember years ago having one major customer that said they would refuse anything being delivered by Yellow. Never had that issue with Roadway.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
My company LOVED USF Holland which was merged into YRC/Yellow what feels like a long time ago. Holland always had really good service and rates but weirdly, we did not have those same rates with YRC. Anyway, ever since 2020 their service got really bad - to the point where we stopped using them. Its all a shame really, they really did have a good service going for a while.

Fundamentally the issue was with how they were trying to merge YRC, USF Holland, Reddaway, and a few others. Each entity was under the same umbrella but with competing price structures and territories. Also, hearing from some of the drivers that would come in - they hated the cost cutting measures being implemented a few years ago.

Its sad. But the company as a whole has not been functioning very will and probably should die off.
Sponsored