SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Long story short, my vehicle was towed while I was at work for illegal parking. I can sort the misunderstanding out with HR being that it was a work-related incident.

However, the thing that pisses me off is the fact that my Valentine One is now missing. The window mount is still there but the radar and power cord itself are missing. Is there anyway for me to pursue this to be reimbursed? I asked for the photos they took before loading the vehicle and I'm still waiting for them. If my radar detector is visible in the photos, will I stand a chance at pursuing this with the crooks at the tow yard?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have my radar detector right under my dash cam. If someone stole it my dash cam would of recorded that. I would have proof of such theft unless someone took the SD card out of the dash cam.

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
so they broke in the car and stole it?
For lack of a better term, yeah. It was there when I parked my vehicle at work Saturday morning and gone when I picked up my vehicle from the tow yard yesterday.

I have my radar detector right under my dash cam. If someone stole it my dash cam would of recorded that. I would have proof of such theft unless someone took the SD card out.
Solid set-up.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
How did the get inside your car ??

Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_GT

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
How did the get inside your car ??
I don't know, I'm assuming they have their ways. I've been locked out of a car before and seen them use some type of whoopie cushion that they slide in and inflate and then do something with the lock.

If my radar is visible in the before photos, do I have a case.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
If it was locked when you picked it up, then someone got in there whether you left it unlocked or they used their ways. So then you run into the dilemma of "was it them, or did you leave it unlocked and someone else stole it?"

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
sadly it might not be worth all the drama. I would buy a new one and take it with me from now on.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I would let your employer know - they hired the towing company, they are responsible for the loss (IMHO).

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Did you notify them of the missing detector before you left? If so and you can see it in the pictures that's the best chance you have.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Pretty sure all of these towing companies have a statement saying they are not responsible for personal belongings inside or any damages to the vehicle itself.

Unless the car was illegally towed, I'm afraid you have nothing really do stand on even if this was done on work property. And even if it was illegally towed, the most you can recoup are the towing charges themselves, not any stuff lost from being towed.

Or if you have hard evidence that it was stolen, you can try and take them to people's court.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure all of these towing companies have a statement saying they are not responsible for personal belongings inside or any damages to the vehicle itself.

Unless the car was illegally towed, I'm afraid you have nothing really do stand on even if this was done on work property. And even if it was illegally towed, the most you can recoup are the towing charges themselves, not any stuff lost from being towed.

Or if you have hard evidence that it was stolen, you can try and take them to people's court.
Just because a company "claims" they are not responsible, does not mean they are not responsible.

He did not enter into an agreement. The car was towed without his permission. He even said wrongfully towed. When someone takes possession of your property, they are responsible for it useless you agreed to relieve them of that responsibility.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
He did not enter into an agreement. The car was towed without his permission. He even said wrongfully towed.
He doesn't have to enter any agreement. Most cars that are towed are towed without owner's permission. You can't just say "I don't agree to this" and they will just drop everything and leave your car alone. Doesn't work like that.

When someone takes possession of your property, they are responsible for it useless you agreed to relieve them of that responsibility.
You may think that, as a logical person, but doesn't work like that especially with these places. Like I said, only way he'd get anything is if he takes them to court and he has hard evidence of the car being tampered with...which I doubt cuz no way in hell is the towing company releasing their security camera footage.
Sponsored