Sponsored

The whipple wait

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Has anyone done an inventory on their kit? I just finished and have one section in question.

It looks like this is just a parts list of stuff already on the head unit. But I could be wrong. Is there supposed to be another bag I’m missing?

F543B545-FBE7-4023-AACE-CA8E30928C74.jpeg

Classicnige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt
Has anyone done an inventory on their kit? I just finished and have one section in question.

It looks like this is just a parts list of stuff already on the head unit. But I could be wrong. Is there supposed to be another bag I’m missing?

F543B545-FBE7-4023-AACE-CA8E30928C74.jpeg
I emailed whipple and they said the other bolts will be in the parts box so I'm guessing the one with the gaskets for the head unit

Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I emailed whipple and they said the other bolts will be in the parts box so I'm guessing the one with the gaskets for the head unit
Yes, I found the other bolts in the large box with the other gaskets. I’m sure yours are there too. I just didn’t like how the packing list listed the other items already installed in the lid / head unit. It definitely confused me. I will say though that the kit seems to be improved in some regards from prior years. Lots of differences in the updated manual.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Injector shims are no longer required on 5 bolt pulley style blower assemblies. At least on Coyote gen 5. Straight from Dustin himself. Older style 4 bolt pulley blowers needed them if using Bosch style injectors. Just wanted to share with everyone.

Last edited:

Jeg70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
Injector shims are no longer required on 5 bolt pulley style blower assemblies. At least on Coyote gen 5. Straight from Dustin himself. Older style 4 bolt pulley blowers needed them if using Bosch style injectors. Just wanted to share with everyone.

Sponsored

Atl_dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Any timing update, thinking of ordering vendors say 12 weeks. But after reading a few pages I question that. Unless it has got better ?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Why is anyone still bothering with whipple. Get an edelbrock 2650TVS or a centri. The way you teach companies lessons is you spend your money else where.

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I was quoted 12 weeks as well initially but it was a total of 25 weeks.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I was quoted 12 weeks as well initially but it was a total of 25 weeks.
6 month wait for a twin screw blower that’s nothing more than any 2.65 TVS In regards to how capable it is at producing power to the wheels. I’m just not getting it. Are people that serious about being a part of hype. I’m not saying that’s you. you had your order in. But others know at this point. Just boost the car with available quality brands. There will be no difference as most people use 93 anyway. And my Edelbrock produces 710 wheel on 93 and can make 875 wheel easy on e85. Intentionally kept “conservative.“. Whose really doing more than that on the street with a whipple. No one. No need to get a whipple If their wait is stupid.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
ordered mine end of Feb, followed up with vendor earlier today and was told it should be shipped from Whipple next week
Sponsored