Sponsored

The whipple wait

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My local shop just received a Whipple from Black Friday sale yesterday. I ordered in the first week of February so hoping
it will be early July!
That seems to line up with my wait time. We are later December and shipping is supposed to be first or second week May. We are about 6ish weeks ahead - so four weeks would be early June and extra two - mid May/late May. I am told they are accelerating - but who really knows. Challenge is still the casting of the compressor/rotors.
Sponsored

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Well this is why I won't be buying a whipple 3.8. Sorry but unless something is in Stock and ready to ship, I'm not giving them my money. Learned the hard way years ago.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
There’s a reason why some manufacturers of products always have kits in stock, and others don’t. It’s no different then being able to purchase a new home from a company that cranks them out and a custom home builder that has a wait. Demand exceeds supply. It’s not for everyone.

Well this is why I won't be buying a whipple 3.8. Sorry but unless something is in Stock and ready to ship, I'm not giving them my money. Learned the hard way years ago.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
There’s a reason why some manufacturers of products always have kits in stock, and others don’t. It’s no different then being able to purchase a new home from a company that cranks them out and a custom home builder that has a wait. Demand exceeds supply. It’s not for everyone.
Businesses that don't keep up with demand are doomed to fail. Buyers losing confidence in delivery and being public about it is also going to lead to potential buyers looking elsewhere. Like me.

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Businesses that don't keep up with demand are doomed to fail. Buyers losing confidence in delivery and being public about it is also going to lead to potential buyers looking elsewhere. Like me.
This is true. That said - and as a person waiting for four months for my Gen V - this delay is not a random, non explanation in a vacuum scenario. The pandemic caused the delay - and yes Whipple and so many other companies who likely don't engage/invest in BCP and DR practices (business continuity planning and disaster recovery) were left in a very bad spot. So - although consumer confidence for some like yourself will look elsewhere - many will likely continue to go to Whipple for two main reasons; 1) the product is of good quality and performs and 2) Whipple has an established, successful history in the industry. Now if this continued - any company would soon go under - but although Whipple has had more than a few product delays in its time, it hasn't been enough to hurt them overall in the long term IMHO.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve had inquiries like people similar to yourself. Sorry, but not every one that has a successful business has the need or desire to accommodate every potential client. In some cases and situations its better to let some go down the road. It’s unfortunate your unhappy with Whipple, but your completely clueless if you think Whipple is somehow in jeopardy due to production delays currently, especially with a pandemic going on. The shear order volume they are experiencing states otherwise, as does the very small number of people that are upset with the delays. It speaks volumes about them as a company to how many will gladly wait for the quality of the product they will recieve.

Last edited:

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had inquiries like people similar to yourself. Sorry, but not every one that has a successful business has the need or desire to accommodate every potential client. In some cases and situations its better to let some go down the road. It’s unfortunate your unhappy with Whipple, but your completely clueless if you think Whipple is somehow in jeopardy due to production delays currently, especially with a pandemic going on. The shear order volume they are experiencing states otherwise, as does the very small number of people that are upset with the delays. It speaks volumes about them as a company to how many will gladly wait for the quality of the product they will recieve.
Agreed. While the marketing of vendors such as Beefcake and Lethal certainly played a part it was mostly their good name, quality and performance that caused the overwhelming volume of orders. If you focus on being the best instead of being the biggest or accommodating everyone that calls, you will always be successful and have loyal clients willing to wait or understand delays. The clients that don't value that are not the ones you want.

And as frustrating as our wait might be, I've learned during this pandemic that you can't always blame a manufacturer for product delays because they have manufacturers and suppliers they have to depend on too.

Sponsored

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
i order a custom built guitar and the build time is a year!
Whipple is nothing just keep driving my car NA and enjoy the tires lasting more than 7500 miles.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Whipple is nothing just keep driving my car NA and enjoy the tires lasting more than 7500 miles.
Did you pay for it in full?

snw13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang GT prem
I've a guitar being built for me as well from ormsby. I know they've had delays as well with manufacturing, but most of it is being made in japan. I can pay in payments.
As for the whipple I gotta check my with my shop tomorrow as I will be moving in a few months. Hopefully they have an update. Been 23 weeks for me

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've a guitar being built for me as well from ormsby. I know they've had delays as well with manufacturing, but most of it is being made in japan. I can pay in payments.
As for the whipple I gotta check my with my shop tomorrow as I will be moving in a few months. Hopefully they have an update. Been 23 weeks for me
You ordered November 23rd?
Sponsored