Sponsored

The So Cal E85 Report

KRS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I will have to order a tester to help out with this thread. I am an e85 station by work in Carson on Avalon and by my gym in Arcadia on Huntington Dr.

I just flashed my flex fuel tune for the first time and filled my first tank. I was at zero miles on my car during the fill. My NGauge is reading 68.7% alcohol right now. I am hoping that i just need to run through a tank completely to get all the 91 out so my percentages of alcohol can be higher. I am super anxious to run my e85r tune but won't flash it until I am 80% minimum.

These are the locations:
Arcadia - 102 E Huntington Dr, Arcadia, CA 91006

Carson - 20320 S Avalon Blvd. Carson, CA 90746
Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I will have to order a tester to help out with this thread. I am an e85 station by work in Carson on Avalon and by my gym in Arcadia on Huntington Dr.

I just flashed my flex fuel tune for the first time and filled my first tank. I was at zero miles on my car during the fill. My NGauge is reading 68.7% alcohol right now. I am hoping that i just need to run through a tank completely to get all the 91 out so my percentages of alcohol can be higher. I am super anxious to run my e85r tune but won't flash it until I am 80% minimum.

These are the locations:
Arcadia - 102 E Huntington Dr, Arcadia, CA 91006

Carson - 20320 S Avalon Blvd. Carson, CA 90746
0 miles may have a half gallon or so left in the tank. I have a flex tune and E85R tune from AED - the E85 R tune is spot on but I don't have an in-car meter. All I run is pump E85 in our area. No problems.

KRS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
0 miles may have a half gallon or so left in the tank. I have a flex tune and E85R tune from AED - the E85 R tune is spot on but I don't have an in-car meter. All I run is pump E85 in our area. No problems.
Yeah I figured I still prob had some fuel in the tank/lines that contributed to the low alcohol reading on my gauge. Today I am refilling it though once its pretty low again. Super stoked to try out the e85r tune I have from Lund once my percentage levels are where they need to be.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Thank you for starting this topic and keeping it up to date. I'm tempted to get an N-Gauge and an E85 tune for my GT this year. Live in Diamond Bar and work in Brea.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for starting this topic and keeping it up to date. I'm tempted to get an N-Gauge and an E85 tune for my GT this year. Live in Diamond Bar and work in Brea.
Consider AED - my car is totally stock to the air filter and it put down 460/420. Or talk to Greg at RET - he dynoed and data logged my car and said everything looks good and no tweaking was necessary. But he could do a custom tune for you.

Sponsored

KRS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I havent received my tester kit yet but these are two new stations that now carry e85. They are neither on Pearson or Propels apps yet. I figured I would share the locations in here in case any of you didnt know about them.

76 Station = 3402 Foothill Blvd, Glendale, CA 91214 (City is labeled Glendale but this is right in the Tujunga area a few blocks from my house. The gas station has been doing construction and drove by it today to go to work and noticed e85 on their signs.)

76 Station = 280 W Alameda Ave, Burbank, CA 91502 (I was diving through Burbank yesterday and saw a big flag waving out front on the corner that said "e85 now sold here". I was going to quick to try to find the pump or price.)

I do not have tests for these stations yet but I just wanted to share their locations. I am just super stoked the new one by my place re-opened carrying e85. Not I dont have to drive as far to fill up.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Despite subfreezing temps and a recent cold spell in So Cal, EtOH content remains reliably and consistently high.

guitrflip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I envy ya'll... Whoaa! I'm going to check out both:

76 Station = 3402 Foothill Blvd, Glendale, CA 91214
76 Station = 280 W Alameda Ave, Burbank, CA 91502

Thanks, KRS550!

I might just add E85 converter on my priority list.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Well - after 9 months of compiling data - through cold weather - the E85 here remains a true all-year-round poor man's race gas. Shit - I've seen it drop to $1.95 per gallon in one spot!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Despite subfreezing temps and a recent cold spell in So Cal, EtOH content remains reliably and consistently high.
E85 in CA is consistent year round. Still doesn't hurt to test it yourself.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
What do you all do when you can't get E85 (say on a long trip)?
Sponsored