The PP shocks are huge improvement....

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
The PP shocks have some real damping. I pulled one of rear dampers today and these babies rock. It took a good minute to get the shock to compress and when you let it go the gas pressure took even longer to return the shaft back out. We have done this test on many shocks and no stock Ford shock ever acted like this. This is more on par with a Bilstein or Koni. I doubt they will last as long as a good shock Ford shocks generally don't but maybe they will surprise us there too.

Oh yes one more thing they are a breeze to take off.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks for this info!!

Sounds like we could just end up using a stiffer spring and not replacing the stock shocks and still get the benefits and handling improvements since these appear be much more performance oriented shocks.

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
Thanks for sharing the info. Sounds great!

Thought GT & GT PP have same rear spring rates & shocks.

"The GT Performance Package Includes:
• Strut-tower brace
• Larger radiator
• Unique chassis tuning
• Upsized rear sway bar
• Heavy-duty front springs
• Instrument panel appliques are Engine Turn aluminum
• Interior gauge pack (oil pressure and vacuum)
• K-brace
• Brembo™ 6-piston front brake calipers with larger rotors
• Unique 19”x 9” (front) 19”x 9.5” (rear) Ebony Black aluminum wheels
• 255/40R19 (front) 275/40R19 (rear) summer only tires
• Unique stability control, EPAS and ABS tuning
• 3.73 TORSEN® rear axle
• Spoiler delete"
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/features/#page=Feature5

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
There are a few differences between the PP and non PP that are not listed from Ford. We have ripped both apart side by side. The PP is one awesome package, that's for damn sure.

Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
shocks need much more rebound I feel especially in the rears. but they are good all around on the road thats for sure. I can not wait for a true coilover to be out for this car that will be one of my first upgrades. Spring rates seem ok,if we could test new shocks with OEM PP springs id like to see how well they would work with even a single adj rebound shock. I have JRI on a few of my cars and they are just spectacular coilovers.

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
There are a few differences between the PP and non PP that are not listed from Ford. We have ripped both apart side by side. The PP is one awesome package, that's for damn sure.
Deets? :D

I know the front splitter is different across trim levels for one

95cobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Interesting, what else is different between the two? I just picked up my PP GT :headbang:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Very interesting....what are the differences?

Sponsored

Caballo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
shocks need much more rebound I feel especially in the rears. but they are good all around on the road thats for sure. I can not wait for a true coilover to be out for this car that will be one of my first upgrades. Spring rates seem ok,if we could test new shocks with OEM PP springs id like to see how well they would work with even a single adj rebound shock. I have JRI on a few of my cars and they are just spectacular coilovers.
I felt the same on my test drive. The rear shocks are packing too much, it's probably a big reason why people are getting such bad wheel-hop in their cars. I think the PP could do with additional compression and rebound dampening all around. I'll definitely be looking to throw on the Ford racing adjustable shock/strut kit. I wish someone would make a 1" lowering kit with a linear rate spring.

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I felt the same on my test drive. The rear shocks are packing too much, it's probably a big reason why people are getting such bad wheel-hop in their cars. I think the PP could do with additional compression and rebound dampening all around. I'll definitely be looking to throw on the Ford racing adjustable shock/strut kit. I wish someone would make a 1" lowering kit with a linear rate spring.

"Packing"? Packing is caused from too much rebound not too little.

Packing
Packing is a term used to describe an undesired effect in suspension systems. Packing occurs when a suspension system is set up with excessive rebound dampening and thus prevents the front forks or rear shock absorber to extent to its full length. When riding over a series of bumps the suspension "packs down" since the suspension does not extend fully between each bump. A risk of suspension bottoming follows. To correct this issue, decrease rebound dampening."
Sponsored