Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Took me a hot minute to figure out how to deal with the ~9 cubic feet of bubble wrap packaging that come inside that giant rear seat delete box. Figured it out..

That sounded like the guy in the stall next to me in the public bathroom at Home Depot last week.

m0t0rhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks for all the suggestions you guys gave. Did the install last week and everything went great. I noticed the RSD did muffle the sound a bit compared to just leaving the seats down (which was a little bit disappointing) but looks much cleaner, so not the end of the world. I am happy with the outcome overall. Now I’m thinking about what to do next!

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Anyone with a 21-22 install the rear seat delete? Heard in 21 ford added wiring to the rear belt so they can’t be removed or there’s a fault rear belt error, guess some mach 1 people have run into it.

Wanted to know if the 500s have it or not.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Anyone with a 21-22 install the rear seat delete? Heard in 21 ford added wiring to the rear belt so they can’t be removed or there’s a fault rear belt error, guess some mach 1 people have run into it.

Wanted to know if the 500s have it or not.
Interesting. On my 2020 no such problem. Wonder why they would do that?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I installed the Ford RSD in my 2020 with no issues but he's right, Ford made a subsequent change that complicated the install a bit. Just plug the belts in beneath the RSD and you should be good to go on later GT500's.

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I installed the Ford RSD in my 2020 with no issues but he's right, Ford made a subsequent change that complicated the install a bit. Just plug the belts in beneath the RSD and you should be good to go on later GT500's.
Yeah, look's like the wiring is only on the lower "receiver" portion, so you can probably just wrap them up and tape them down and still do the FP RSD.

I just left the Buckles in and taped down so the don't rattle. Haven't had a issue with any light. Don't buckle anything into them or the reminder will come up thinking someone is back there.

Capture.PNG
Sponsored