Sponsored

The Fredricksburg-Three Sisters Cruise

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Great pics! Thanks for all the good words. By the way I really got blasted by the rock chips (being first in line).... got a cracked windshield :( too....
I also got caught by that trooper :(:( near Llano heading home. Oh well, the price of adventure. What a great cruise, great company and with the fabulous Three Sisters jaunt through the countryside.... it was really worth the effort (and costs)........ we gotta do this again sometime! :D
Sorry to hear about the ticket. Looks like you were ready for another lap.
Sponsored

bullet6236

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I went to the ford dealer to grab a paint pen and instead ran into a mobile touch-up vendor. Said he could fix to look brand new for $75. I'll post some before and after pics.

Cmarsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
I'm skurred to look at front end now! I pulled in to garage, but prob not going to get to wash it till tomorrow.

cirrus1ag

Hondo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hondo
Vehicle(s)
White 2016 GT/CS
bullet6236 assuming you are please post his info please (or send me a PM, thanks!)

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I went to the ford dealer to grab a paint pen and instead ran into a mobile touch-up vendor. Said he could fix to look brand new for $75. I'll post some before and after pics.

Good to hear. When are you getting the work done? If it turns out good then may have to add this to the cost of the next trip :D.

Sponsored

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Ozzmosis86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Conv. w/ PP Deep Impact Blue
Maybe we can work up a deal and have them come to the meet up in Grapevine in a couple weeks and do all of our cars at once.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I'm interested in the mobile touch up as well. I ordered the dr colorchip kit earlier.

Side note: cruising around town doing 35 -40 feels like I'm standing still.

Redline271

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
98 in a 70 (on route 16). No one around.... got me from a mile away.
Man sorry to hear that and about the windshield too. I got really lucky on the way back because we went 16 too and think I made record time getting home.

Washed the car off today and wow the rock chips are crazy. The fascia was pelted so bad my wife thought the car was still dirty after I got back from cleaning it. :eyebulge:

It was a great trip though....thanks for getting us down there!

Sponsored

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Maybe we can work up a deal and have them come to the meet up in Grapevine in a couple weeks and do all of our cars at once.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
That's a damn good idea if he will do it. I wouldn't see why not.

Tcstang, let us know how the Dr. Colorchip works for you with the CO! Maverick and you other guys should really consider it as well unless this repair guy is that good. It's not a bad kit to have anyways.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Man sorry to hear that and about the windshield too. I got really lucky on the way back because we went 16 too and think I made record time getting home.

Washed the car off today and wow the rock chips are crazy. The fascia was pelted so bad my wife thought the car was still dirty after I got back from cleaning it. :eyebulge:

It was a great trip though....thanks for getting us down there!
Damnit man! That's not cool. Maybe that GT350 front end? ;)

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Robbie...I feel your pain!
Wow, the OW shows the bugs worse than DIB, Clay. I wonder how well it will hide the inevitable chips.

Did you cry after you got all the bugs off and saw the rock chips. I stopped counting after I ran out of fingers.
No need to cry. The trip was worth every single one of them.

This trip looked like a blast! I hope you guys do this trip again, we will be in. My car has been ordered and should be in next month. Is the Grapevine meet a monthly thing? If the wife and I will come check it out.
I think I speak for all of us when I say I look forward to meeting you and the missus, Ron. We'll talk about it more at the next meet in two weeks, but I think this could make a great annual cruise.

Looks like y'all had an awesome trip, hate I missed it.
This one would have been worth taking the weekend off, Billy. Totally different than our Tyler jaunt last summer. And we really could have used a RR in the pack.

rgingo bummer on the ticket, I saw the same guy, I think he decided I wasn't going fast enough to bother with
I got lucky. He was inside the corner gas station when I got to the light there in the middle of town. I crept along for a few miles out of town before opening her back up.

The advantage of white. The dark ones didn't do as well. I can say after two weeks that she is well broke in ;)
I can't think of a better way to break in an S550, Bill. Aren't you glad you found this thread at the last minute?

Let us know how that works out, Zach. $75 sounds like an acceptable cost to play.

All said, I've been a little depressed all day. I suspect it has something to do with the trip being over. Or maybe it was the three hour drive to east Texas in a Ford Taurus at the speed limit in heavy fog.

Redline271

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Damnit man! That's not cool. Maybe that GT350 front end? ;)
Yeah it's pretty rough. Def making me think about the gt350 fascia and the first thing I would do is get the clear coat film applied. :thumbsup:

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Yeah it's pretty rough. Def making me think about the gt350 fascia and the first thing I would do is get the clear coat film applied. :thumbsup:
I'm very strongly considering the purchase of a leather bra for the front. It would be solely for cruising, so I'm not worried about the issue of long term abrasion to the paint finish.
Sponsored