Sponsored

The Fredricksburg-Three Sisters Cruise

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
The clear bra saved my ass.. Only 3 chips, had the dr colorchip kit in my detail bag in the trunk - all fixed up. However, I def want to get that mobile repair guys info though. That possible group buy is a great idea too!
Sponsored

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Wow, the OW shows the bugs worse than DIB, Clay. I wonder how well it will hide the inevitable chips.

I got lucky, I only have a couple of very small nicks that I can fix easily with the Dr. Colorchip. My bug bra save me!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

That was my plan all along, avoid chips until I have enough of a bug layer to protect the paint. Worked like a charm!!!:D

Also, that trooper/cop that got Bob...I wonder if its the same one that hit me with his spotlight. I was right behind bob when he pulled in for gas. I went on and just before llano is when I passed him and I swear...waaay back...I saw him turn on his lights going over a hill just before he disappeared in my rear view.

It was a blast of a trip.....I kinda like Robbies idea of the bra just for the cruise. Either that or I am going to get a clear wrap before next year.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I can't think of a better way to break in an S550, Bill. Aren't you glad you found this thread at the last minute?
I agree and yes, I am glad. I read about this back in 2011 and have wanted to drive it. I didn't remember this was the same road until Paul from San Antonio mentioned how close he was.

http://themustangsource.com/forums/f784/texas-version-n-rburgring-498618/

All said, I've been a little depressed all day. I suspect it has something to do with the trip being over. Or maybe it was the three hour drive to east Texas in a Ford Taurus at the speed limit in heavy fog.
I feel your pain. Just think about what you have to look forward to when you get home. I drove a rental car about 40 weeks last year. Every time I got back home I would get in my 08GT, start her up and say, I love my car with a big smile on my face.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The clear bra saved my ass.. Only 3 chips, had the dr colorchip kit in my detail bag in the trunk - all fixed up. However, I def want to get that mobile repair guys info though. That possible group buy is a great idea too!
Saved me too except for the hood. It took most of damage. I had the Lumar clear paint protector installed on my fascia mainly to prevent the bugs from eating it away. That one thing bothered me when I was detailing my 08.

I'm up for the group buy also.

Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Some of the videos turned out pretty cool. Here are a few I still haven't watched all of it. Click on the picture and the video will play.

Last edited:

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
When's the next cruise?.. this driving 70 ish in a 60 sucks, boring as hell!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then take it up to 90. Just make Sure You're not around a completion orange mustang when ya do it *cough cough* lol.

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
Lol no bright colors around at the time. Good call though. I did 90ish on the empty turns/on ramps of 75 and 121.. just not the same.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Lol no bright colors around at the time. Good call though. I did 90ish on the empty turns/on ramps of 75 and 121.. just not the same.

I agree, way too short and over too soon.

Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Then take it up to 90. Just make Sure You're not around a completion orange mustang when ya do it *cough cough* lol.
:paddle:

Agreed even Stacey says the speed limits around here seem super slow now.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

I really like this picture! It was worth lining the cars up for.
Those I've shown the pictures to like that shot also. You did a good job on all the pics.

bullet6236

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thought I would float this out there. Also spoke to a vendor that applies the self healing film. He wants $1000 to custom wrap all forward facing pieces and the wheel fenders. Price dropped to 800 quickly and then I mentioned bringing multiple cars. Not all the cars would or could be done the same day. But, I was thinking that if we had a handful at least and I could negotiate down to 400-500 dollars this would be a great option.

He has two shops, one in Addison and the other in Carrollton. This "half wrap" takes 4-6 hours.

PM if you have any interest.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Thought I would float this out there. Also spoke to a vendor that applies the self healing film. He wants $1000 to custom wrap all forward facing pieces and the wheel fenders. Price dropped to 800 quickly and then I mentioned bringing multiple cars. Not all the cars would or could be done the same day. But, I was thinking that if we had a handful at least and I could negotiate down to 400-500 dollars this would be a great option.

He has two shops, one in Addison and the other in Carrollton. This "half wrap" takes 4-6 hours.

PM if you have any interest.

Was it Chris at Clearcoatfilm? If so, they did an awesome job on my wife's car! It has already saved her from several chips.
Sponsored