Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
MGW is on and again, no complaints. Definitely a good modification for this platform. The stock shifter feels sloppy after you get used to the directness of the MGW and get it broken in. In comparison, there is no comparison. I went and bought a strap wrench to remove the shift knob. That was the hardest part of the whole deal.

41860089_DE5_A_4340_BF91_3542656_DC544.jpg

Also got some new swag in from by buddy Rick over at TMO, and my buddy Clint at The Snake Pit Speed Shop in Ohio.

9673_A070_F43_E_4_BB2_AC62_329863621_E75.jpg

FDB35_EB3_8842_49_B7_9_B3_C_B905_BE6_C91_B5.jpg

Lastly, here are a couple photos of the first completed Signature Wheel SV502. Enjoy and let me know what you think compared to the SV501. I am of the impression that I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed in the morning. I am going back and forth on which I will order as a track wheel for this year. Curious to hear your thoughts. Will likely keep the carbon fiber wheels in mint condition as these only weigh about 3 lbs more and cost way less to replace.

B2_F7_ED74_80_DD_48_BB_B5_C6_171_E711_CAFE6.jpg

6_F49068_A_6073_41_D2_A180_821_AE97_BD041.jpg
Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Did you catch that also? There are also clear instructions not to over articulate the driveshaft as you could damage it. Needless to say the shaft and the mount made me the most nervous during removal.
Funny statement - just catching up on the thread when I noticed this bit. Similar thought came through my mind when I was swapping steering wheels to the GT350 and removing the air bag. I've been around a lot of munitions in my life, including nukes, but disconnecting and reconnecting the air bag felt like I was disarming an IED (yes, battery was disconnected but still). Go figure.

Side question since I'm in the same area. Not sure if you do all of the wrenching on your car but if not, what shops around town would you recommend?

Enjoy reading the thread - thanks for taking the time.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Funny statement - just catching up on the thread when I noticed this bit. Similar thought came through my mind when I was swapping steering wheels to the GT350 and removing the air bag. I've been around a lot of munitions in my life, including nukes, but disconnecting and reconnecting the air bag felt like I was disarming an IED (yes, battery was disconnected but still). Go figure.

Side question since I'm in the same area. Not sure if you do all of the wrenching on your car but if not, what shops around town would you recommend?

Enjoy reading the thread - thanks for taking the time.
Luckily I am skilled enough to do all my own work at home. On occasion I take the car to a buddies shop to use his lift, but he still makes me turn my own wrenches and talks a bunch of smack since he is a Chevy guy. Fair trade I guess Lol.

For warranty work I only deal with my good buddy Jeff as Elk Grove Ford. He has a ton of experience and has a ton of experience, and has had a number of performance cars. For custom performance work or tuning I only deal with AED in Cameron Park.

If you need help with anything hit me up. If I am available I am always happy to help turn a wrench, or talk shit while I watch you do it.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I see many issues with this..
Cheap China made wheels.
Wheel spacers.
Shitty caliper to wheel clearance.

I would never track a car on a cast aluminum wheels let alone spun wheels.
Just to clarify... the stock GT350 wheels are made in China. The "other" wheels are made in Taiwan. ;)

Here's a shot of my caliper w/ Tomster "said" damage...
cal.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just to clarify... the stock GT350 wheels are made in China. The "other" wheels are made in Taiwan. ;)

:eyebulge:

How does the wheel look?

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
ready to see that sv502 on something...great looking wheel :cheers:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The wheel was fine, no noticeable damage.
I have a couple of streaks in my front 6gr wheels from when I used them with my '16 track pack. The wheels at the time were track use only. The clearance is tight with the 6gr wheels

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Luckily I am skilled enough to do all my own work at home. On occasion I take the car to a buddies shop to use his lift, but he still makes me turn my own wrenches and talks a bunch of smack since he is a Chevy guy. Fair trade I guess Lol.
Lol - all is fair in love and war I guess :)

For warranty work I only deal with my good buddy Jeff as Elk Grove Ford. He has a ton of experience and has a ton of experience, and has had a number of performance cars. For custom performance work or tuning I only deal with AED in Cameron Park.
I've bought a couple cars from Elk Grove Ford actually, so good to have a contact there - thanks. I don't recall meeting Jeff before but will seek him out if he is working when I drop off the car next week and introduce myself. Had a few traction control and hill assist warning lights flash on the other night on the Mustang. When I bought my 15 GT/PP from them, the 350's still commanded a hefty ADM and they didn't have anything to work with. However, they did work out a nice deal with me so I can't complain.

If you need help with anything hit me up. If I am available I am always happy to help turn a wrench, or talk shit while I watch you do it.
Lol - that is how people learn :) Thanks. I am going to drive down to the event you are throwing in Button Willow. Spectator of course but will introduce myself. I've done some things but have a couple suspension pieces left that have me a bit concerned once everything is finished. The whole loading, resetting suspension, torquing, then finally getting a proper alignment is not something I've done for years. I wasn't sure how much Elk Grove Ford would be willing to do or if they are a good alignment shop.

Thanks again - great thread and looking forward to Button Willow.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Brutal... thanks for sharing brother.
ready to see that sv502 on something...great looking wheel :cheers:
You and I both. [MENTION=23430]honeybadger[/MENTION] will have his set built in a few more weeks. I can tell they will set the car off fight. Then the fun starts. This is the best I can do for now.

3_FF03509_9761_42_CA_9_C3_E_8_A2_AAE431_BB7.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Finally completed hanging my window sticker from the R. It took me 6 months to make it happen, but it puts a smile on my face every time I see it. For those contemplating it, make the trip to Ikea and spend the $12.
Window Sticker.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Finally completed hanging my window sticker from the R. It took me 6 months to make it happen, but it puts a smile on my face every time I see it. For those contemplating it, make the trip to Ikea and spend the $12.
What? You didn't get the optional car cover?

LOL, I finally got around to taking all the stickers off one of my R's. Used a razor blade and transferred them to wax paper and put them all away for safe keeping. Still havnt broke 100 miles yet.

You are probably never going to sell your R, but did you know that Ford will send you another window sticker free of charge? You are allowed one.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
What? You didn't get the optional car cover?

LOL, I finally got around to taking all the stickers off one of my R's. Used a razor blade and transferred them to wax paper and put them all away for safe keeping. Still havnt broke 100 miles yet.

You are probably never going to sell your R, but did you know that Ford will send you another window sticker free of charge? You are allowed one.
Keen eye! I kept the R car cover from my last Shelby endeavor. Keeping the tags is a good idea. I took the ones from the seat covers. Probably won’t ever look at them again, but rather keep too much than too little.

Good info on the window sticker. I had no idea. Will probably order the second one for the office.

You going to drive the 100mi R to California for the track day? Good way to break it in :D . Surely they can let you stuff it in the bottom of the plane somehow

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Keen eye! I kept the R car cover from my last Shelby endeavor. Keeping the tags is a good idea. I took the ones from the seat covers. Probably won’t ever look at them again, but rather keep too much than too little.

Good info on the window sticker. I had no idea. Will probably order the second one for the office.

You going to drive the 100mi R to California for the track day? Good way to break it in :D . Surely they can let you stuff it in the bottom of the plane somehow
You are a hoot. You gonna get another frame for the office to put the free window sticker in? LOL

As for the track day, I've had a bit of a let down. Fast toys in LA has a 350 that I was going to rent. I inquired about it and was told that it is not for track use. They have a boss 302 track car that they will be happy to rent to me for $5,000. So that isn't going to fly.

I was told that there is a place near the track that will rent track miatas, but I cant think of anything more humiliating than getting my ass kicked by a bunch of tech pack 350's.

I'm going to look at one more thing before I throw in the towel, I am going to see what Hertz's rental policy is. If they flat out say it goes against rental policy to track one of their high end cars, then I am stuck.

I'm still looking at all options, but obviously shipping one of the Rs round trip is crazy expensive and involves a bit of risk. As soon as the 500 is announced, I will make my decision to sell HR361 to offset the 500. Someone jokingly said "drive it out and sell it to one of the Californians at the track day".

Do you know anybody who wants to buy a well taken care of TY R with low miles? :D

I'd consider one way shipping. ;)
Sponsored