Sponsored

The Face of the 2015 Mustang!

K.Lysius

I wouldn't risk either of our careers by posting any pictures. But that wouldn't keep me from either making sketches based on those designs or commenting on other people's renderings letting you know which ones are closest to the final design.
Please say you're good at sketching or rendering :hail:

And without even sketching or drawing it you could settle once and for all the debate whether the front end on the latest exposed prototype is a fakeout or not (I personally believe its the real thing).
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Wow! :hail:

Mostly pure render, some photoshop illustrating:

2n6894p.jpg

Wow!! :hail:

attachment.jpg

I wouldn't risk either of our careers by posting any pictures. But that wouldn't keep me from either making sketches based on those designs or commenting on other people's renderings letting you know which ones are closest to the final design.
Good man :thumbsup:

Diesel

Just keep in mind that some of the most secretive companies out there (ie Apple) are notorious for sniffing out leaks by deliberately feeding some suppliers/partners with bad info.

I'm not saying that's what Ford is doing here but there are a lot of people questioning the last round of pics and we've heard Ford is not playing around with S550 leaks. It wouldn't shock me to find out that many people who don't absolutely need to know (like suppliers doing body work as someone said) could be given fake photos as a "perk"

Stanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F30
Just keep in mind that some of the most secretive companies out there (ie Apple) are notorious for sniffing out leaks by deliberately feeding some suppliers/partners with bad info.

I'm not saying that's what Ford is doing here but there are a lot of people questioning the last round of pics and we've heard Ford is not playing around with S550 leaks. It wouldn't shock me to find out that many people who don't absolutely need to know (like suppliers doing body work as someone said) could be given fake photos as a "perk"
:clap2:

Mach1

Wow the CAD render by chazcron and the one by ArtRios are really nice!

I gotta think these must be getting close.

Sponsored

HTownStang

May be true but there are a lot of supplier tiers that work on a product launch and Ford can only have strong control over the ones it works directly with. I would expect any leak to come mostly from tier 2 and beyond suppliers. Eventually some real documents will start leaking if Ford wants to get any actual progress done on the S550.

As for Apple, theres already leaked shells for the next iphone. If a nazi company like them can't control parts leaks for a cell phone forget about a car with hundreds/thousands of parts that go into it.

Oblivion/2

Of course the suppliers have seen the car. To produce the parts, the suppliers have to have CAD files to build tooling. My guess is that this far down the line, all the initial suppliers have been set. That doesn't mean that suppliers won't change as time goes on. We've taken on a number or transfer jobs from other suppliers from various reasons. We're just now kicking off tooling on 2015 MY vehicles.
Regarding tooling on 2015 vehicles, based on any time lines u've seen for the Mustang, are u able to give an educated guess when production might be for the S550?

I'll agree with Twin Turbo that it's not worth ur job but also agree the other user that any info u can drop would be appreciated. I'd be happy if you can just settle the whole Fusion front end debate once and for all.

mitchell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

I believe this is the GT350 we are looking at.

Word is that the SVT variant(s) will have 10.5" wide front wheels and 13" wide rear wheels. They were doing high performance testing at Grattan. The size of the test wheels, the aggressive fascia and body and the Boss 302S indicates this is likely not the GT, but something more.

8cyl

I had wondered if this was SVT when I first saw these. That's some pretty serious rubber in the rear. While I'd love to see the GT benchmarking against the Boss 302S, I'm not expecting that kind of performance jump. Let's just hope the SVT model doesn't get the same price tag as the 302S.

Sponsored

GTsquid

Word is that the SVT variant(s) will have 10.5" wide front wheels and 13" wide rear wheels. They were doing high performance testing at Grattan. The size of the test wheels, the aggressive fascia and body and the Boss 302S indicates this is likely not the GT, but something more.
Holy crap 13" wide rear stock for the GT350?!

I think that's what they offer on the GT500 Super Snake package and they're running 20's. Look at those things!

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
That's too much wheel for that car IMO. Tho maybe those rumors of it being wider could turn out true.

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
That's too much wheel for that car IMO. Tho maybe those rumors of it being wider could turn out true.
They have to wide body the cars now just to get traction for the horsepower they can put out. Do they have another choice?......sorry disregard if you meant wheel size and not width

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
They have to wide body the cars now just to get traction for the horsepower they can put out. Do they have another choice?......sorry disregard if you meant wheel size and not width
They could make them heavier. Take the GT-R for example, if it was 100 pounds lighter, it would be slower. Weight isn't about getting it as light as possible, it's about a careful balance between horsepower, torque, and weight.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score

I believe this is the GT350 we are looking at.

Interesting. IF this is the GT350 or some other SVT variant,

Possible we are seeing some carbon fiber here ?
Sponsored