Sponsored

The Face of the 2015 Mustang!

Robinson

If you recall, the honeycomb grille is not entirely open....part of it is open and other parts are blocked off. I think the darker "recessed" area you're seeing is an open area and it's a bit of an optical illusion making it appear recessed. I would imagine that they would have several grilles with varying amounts of "openness" that they could test and then swap out for another....testing until they find the one that gives the right balance between cooling and front downforce.
That makes sense for testing but clearly it wont look like this for the production version. We shuldn't see the "recessed" part of it. As someone else mentioned since a more finished grill will be put in place to cover the opening why even bother with the honeycomb and the pony?

Also, IF they were testing airflow and/or cooling can they really get accurate data without testing it with the production grill.
Sponsored

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
I have to say, I hope the vertical bars in the grill opening on the spy shots stay visible on the production car. I can't believe how much is lost in the front when those are covered up with a grill.
Not going to happen. Look at the finished grille from the parking lot images. There aren't any vertical splitters. That's why I took them out of my render.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Not going to happen. Look at the finished grille from the parking lot images. There aren't any vertical splitters. That's why I took them out of my render.
Whoa, hold on....I just thought of something. What if there were multiple grilles on different cars like the current one?!?!?

Mind. Blown.

bigmike

Threads
Reaction score
I really like the pic of that silver stang looks dead on like that test mule
however can someone redo the fog lites to look more squareish like the test mule
then I think we may have a very good look of the front end of the new
mustang.

Melino

I think that'd be cool. The base and 4 cylinder trims get the standard honeycomb and center mounted pony emblem and the GT gets a more open/deeper-set GT500 style grill with the vertical bars.

Then the Cobra... like the chop Pill did and add some big hood vents..... could provide some good differentiation.

Sponsored

Tascam

To those interested, I am dusting off the cobwebs of my 3-D model making skills and will attempt to model the face of the 2015 Mustang
What I put out are CGI renders, much like a frame from a 3-D movie. I then tweak it in Photoshop to increase its photorealism.

If there is any interest, I can dig up many of my old renders, including the leaked CAD that I based them on.
I'm just catching up on this beast of a thread here.

I would be very interested in both of these. I'm not sure I've ever seen one of these 3D models. We are very lucky in this day and age to have this kind of technology. Imagine what they had to do back in '94!

Krishna

There's bound to be different styled grilles with one more trim to account for now.

You guys think there be significant styling differences between the I4 and base models? The GT should still stand on its own.

Besides the grill, maybe we see different hood scoop/vent placement a la SVO. :shrug:

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
I work for a company that is a tier 2 supplier to Ford. We make parts & sell them to a company that sells the assembly to Ford (tier 1 supplier). We had a meeting with the tier 1 supplier to Ford today who has seen the car as well as a number of pictures of the car. I showed him this picture and he said that "the car is getting very close to looking like that." The hood in this rendering, is wrong though.

I am trying to get him to send me a few pictures of the side / rear of the car. Of course, he has to see what he can "legally" do as far as providing pictures. At the very least I'm hoping to get a sketch or description of the rear of the car.

RIParker

I'd be thrilled with that car. For the record, that looks nothing like the Fusion and would get people to stop complaining about that. So tired of hearing about it.

UOP, please let us know if you are able to get anything as far as a sketch or description goes..... I doubt he'll be able to provide much if he wants to stay "legal" but any little bit would be cool.

StangFX

I work for a company that is a tier 2 supplier to Ford. We make parts & sell them to a company that sells the assembly to Ford (tier 1 supplier). We had a meeting with the tier 1 supplier to Ford today who has seen the car as well as a number of pictures of the car. I showed him this picture and he said that "the car is getting very close to looking like that." The hood in this rendering, is wrong though.

I am trying to get him to send me a few pictures of the side / rear of the car. Of course, he has to see what he can "legally" do as far as providing pictures. At the very least I'm hoping to get a sketch or description of the rear of the car.
Better this than some of the more tame renders I have seen. This is nice and aggressive.

I'm surprised Ford is even showing suppliers pics of the car knowing how secretive they have been. Any idea if the supplier list has been finalized already?

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

If he wants to consider his future career in that Tier 1 supplier, I'd suggest he doesn't provide any images. Or, if he does, keep them to yourself (as much as that pains me!!!).

StangFX

If he wants to consider his future career in that Tier 1 supplier, I'd suggest he doesn't provide any images. Or, if he does, keep them to yourself (as much as that pains me!!!).
Noooooooo :rant:

You and your voice of good reason! :D

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Progress teaser:

This includes the awful reminder to save often in Animation Master. I lost two hours of work yesterday.

BlueVenom

Woo very cool....

Thank you for taking the time out to do this!
Sponsored