The elephant in the room: ADM

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Let's be honest, GT350/GT500 enthusiasts aren't looking for a parade car. No disrespect but the market for each is completely different. Witness the continued application of ADM's (in many places across the country, still) for the GT350. That said, you can expect to see dealers holding the GT500 hostage just like they did with the GT350 for damn near 5 years.
Gotta Love Free Enterprise

Back at the start of July my dealer said ‘20k ADM, no exceptions’
Called today and guess what! MSRP and I am ordering my ride tomorrow.

My 5 years goes by fast!
Sponsored

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Gotta Love Free Enterprise

Back at the start of July my dealer said ‘20k ADM, no exceptions’
Called today and guess what! MSRP and I am ordering my ride tomorrow.

My 5 years goes by fast!
Congrats. :rockon:

The reveal of the C8 knocked every ADM dealer on their azz.

I think by the Summer of 2020 the GT500 will be MSRP and below. I know of several people who bought at MSRP already, and the hype is still strong. Wouldn't surprise me if we see up to a $5,000.00 discount by next summer.

The Camaro will be coming to an end, big discounts. ZL1 1LEs will be discounted due to the C8.

The C8 will be discounting also. They already sell for MSRP and a few have gotten $2,000.00 off.

I expect to see GM supplier discounts and rewards programs by next summer. Wouldn't surprise me to see up to $5,000.00 discounts on C8s also.

GM still has thousands of C7s on Dealer lots.

Plus we may be at the start or middle of a recession so this should keep prices lower.

Porsche will be releasing their New Gen models for 2020 so all this adds up to competition, which is a good thing for us buyers.

I'm waiting to see reviews on the C8 Z51 and the GT500 base before I buy. (although I'm still looking at the GT350 2019 & 2020 model.) Probably one of the last true ICE manual cars with that awesome exhaust sound.

Win-Win regardless of what happens. :clap:

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Congrats. :rockon:

The reveal of the C8 knocked every ADM dealer on their azz.

I think by the Summer of 2020 the GT500 will be MSRP and below. I know of several people who bought at MSRP already, and the hype is still strong. Wouldn't surprise me if we see up to a $5,000.00 discount by next summer.

The Camaro will be coming to an end, big discounts. ZL1 1LEs will be discounted due to the C8.

The C8 will be discounting also. They already sell for MSRP and a few have gotten $2,000.00 off.

I expect to see GM supplier discounts and rewards programs by next summer. Wouldn't surprise me to see up to $5,000.00 discounts on C8s also.

GM still has thousands of C7s on Dealer lots.

Plus we may be at the start or middle of a recession so this should keep prices lower.

Porsche will be releasing their New Gen models for 2020 so all this adds up to competition, which is a good thing for us buyers.

I'm waiting to see reviews on the C8 Z51 and the GT500 base before I buy. (although I'm still looking at the GT350 2019 & 2020 model.) Probably one of the last true ICE manual cars with that awesome exhaust sound.

Win-Win regardless of what happens. :clap:
Of course they will sell GM products at a discount, they aren’t a Shelby dude! Look how many Camaros and Corvettes are sitting on lots right now. The C8 won’t be anything special the way they’ll shuck them out too like they always do to the Corvette.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Look how many Camaros and Corvettes are sitting on lots right now.
you haven't surveyed Charger/Challenger lots recently it sounds like. You wanna talk 'glut'... Aside from the Demon pretty much all of the Dodge entrants around here are being advertised at 23-25% off MSRP.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
you haven't surveyed Charger/Challenger lots recently it sounds like. You wanna talk 'glut'... Aside from the Demon pretty much all of the Dodge entrants around here are being advertised at 23-25% off MSRP.
Oh I have. The dealer in my town that is known for greedy ADM’s and is asking 30k over for their base model GT500 also has a Dodge dealership and has a Hellcat Redeye for 10k off now.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
One penny of ADM and that dealership can go fuck themselves.

There Ive addressed the Elephant in the room.

Im no GM fan but that C8 is one hell of a reality check on wheels.

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
I have thought about the c8 vette, but am leery about a 1st year model with such drastic changes. price and availability is great it, but ...

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Thats all that matters. I am good with my ADM as well but getting irritated with the lack of response from my dealer. Really thinking of getting a R off the lot instead of continuing with this 500 madness.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thats all that matters.
Yep, that IS all that matters when you get right down tuit! :-)

What are you expecting from the dealer, Evan? Do you have an unconfirmed order or is it something else?

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Yep, that IS all that matters when you get right down tuit! :-)

What are you expecting from the dealer, Evan? Do you have an unconfirmed order or is it something else?
The dealer hasnt provided my DORA or anyhing beyond a non official order confirmation. Now I did call FP and they confirmed my order, however, I email my dealer every 2 weeks to see what the regional rep is saying and my guy hasnt gotten back to me in a month.
I am trying to be understanding and patient like everyone on here says but I guess I feel like I should get better response from the owner of the dealer when buying the 500 and paying an ADM.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I feel like I should get better response from the owner of the dealer when buying the 500 and paying an ADM.
Strangely I've come to the opposite conclusion. Would it be respectful and the proper way to do business? Yes absolutely.

But from a purely incentive standpoint... why should the dealer give a crap about us? People are almost literally banging down their door demanding to give them 5-20k cash for an already expensive car. They don't *need* to expend any effort on you or me. Where will their time and attention generate an actual return? The soccer mom on the floor deciding which SUV to get. Think she's paying ADM? Or even MSRP?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Where will their time and attention generate an actual return? The soccer mom on the floor deciding which SUV to get. Think she's paying ADM? Or even MSRP?
Nope, paying 10-15% off if not passively accepting the dealer's claims of "losing money on the deal." The manufactures are in deep shit, they have overproduced very badly and are sitting on oversupply while at the same time the world car market is crashing double digits. Dealers make their money on Service, not new car sales so as long as they are making enough to keep the lights on, they'll pump out as many vehicles as they can. Guys handing them manna from heaven (ADM) are just lovely but at units of a handful/year don't move the needle.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I paid ADM for a "Golden Ticket" GT500 order. I was able to get my GT350 at MSRP but I wasn't able to get an R. New Rs are still going for ADMs 5 years later. I would have loved to have been able to get a "Golden Ticket" GT500 at MSRP. Has anyone been able to find one at MSRP?
Sponsored