mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
03/04 Termi motor was only a two year run. Ford's done it before. Would kind of take away the shine from the GT350 is they did.
5.8L Trinity engine from 2013-2014 GT500. Also a 2 year run.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
What do you suppose they'll do with the voodoo motor in '18? I have a hard time believing they would sink all that cost into it and only use it for two years ('15 doesn't count). Especially since it's so well regarded.
My moneys on them swapping the FPC with a CPC, and adding F/I to it. Helps recoup some of the costs, while still keeping both motors unique. Obviously the GT500's motor less so, unless it pulls a 2JZ.

RTI35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Firehawk Trans Am - 2015 M235xi
If ADM's for '17's stay up or go higher, I will not get one. Much as I would like one for this track season, the ADM is not worth it to me. Nothing truly compares to the GT350, but only at MSRP or less for me. It is this kind of customer treatment that has driven me away from American cars for many years.
It's not an American car thing, it's a Ford thing. There are 2016 Z06's and Stingray's available for $10,000 below sticker, brand new. I custom ordered a Z06 coupe last week for $7K below MSRP.

Ford deliberately under-produced this car to keep demand high in order to keep the car relevant at a time where certain other similarly priced American cars are out-performing it

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
It's not an American car thing, it's a Ford thing. There are 2016 Z06's and Stingray's available for $10,000 below sticker, brand new. I custom ordered a Z06 coupe last week for $7K below MSRP.

Ford deliberately under-produced this car to keep demand high in order to keep the car relevant at a time where certain other similarly priced American cars are out-performing it
So, why are you on this forum?

Kimbo510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
2017 MY in Bay Area

Just got off the phone with San Leandro Ford here in the Bay Area. They will order a 2017MY for an 8k ADM. That can probably be worked down to 5k. I'm passing as I will wait for something closer to MSRP later this year.

Just passing this on for the CA guys/gals who have seen nothing but the 10k-20k ADM's.

R

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

No one said it was the best performing car, and by all the awards the GT350/R has won, clearly that's not all that matters. There is absolutely nothing special about GMs motors, they are mass produced, and used anywhere and everywhere GM can stick it in. Pretty much that's GMs motor version of a whore.

Plus, the limited availability makes it worth it in the long run, because there's something called residual value. Plus, I don't know if you know this but the Voodoo motor pushed the limits of engineering and is hand built. Those words are foreign to GM. Good day sir.

RTI35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, why are you on this forum?
Before the ZL1 unveil I was really interested in the GT350. Was waiting for prices to drop to pick one up @MSRP but it never happened. The best offer I was able to find was $5K ADM with some really funny dealers wanting $10K ADM. I'll never pay ADM on any car no matter what it is, and it seems especially stupid to pay it with better-optioned 2017's just around the corner.

I got tired of playing the waiting game and got an allocation for an pretty rare MY2016 Admiral Blue Z06 to my specs for $7K below MSRP. The real-world price difference between a GT350 and Z06 turned out to be extremely marginal and was too good to pass up.

I just wish Ford produced more of these cars because if they were available at MSRP I guarantee you that I'd have one in my driveway right now. Not complaining about the Z06 at all though :D

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Last time I checked there weren't any allocations needed for a Z06.

And while you may pay less relative to sticker for the Z06, it will also be worth much less in the long run, that goes along with being mass produced :cheers:

RTI35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No one said it was the best performing car, and by all the awards the GT350/R has won, clearly that's not all that matters. There is absolutely nothing special about GMs motors, they are mass produced, and used anywhere and everywhere GM can stick it in. Pretty much that's GMs motor version of a whore.

Plus, the limited availability makes it worth it in the long run, because there's something called residual value. Plus, I don't know if you know this but the Voodoo motor pushed the limits of engineering and is hand built. Those words are foreign to GM. Good day sir.
Actually, the LT4 motor is hand built at the Chevy Performance Build Center. All LT4s moving forward will be produced there, by hand.

The LT1/LT4 have direct injection and cylinder deactivation in addition to producing a ton of power, so I'd argue they've done some serious engineering as well.

There's a reason the LS/LT V8s are "GMs Whore" as you say.. they're that good and have been for a very long time

RTI35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last time I checked there weren't any allocations needed for a Z06.

And while you may pay less relative to sticker for the Z06, it will also be worth much less in the long run, that goes along with being mass produced :cheers:
Very few dealers got allocations for 2016 Admiral Blue Z06's. There are said to be only around 50 allocations. The dealer I ordered thru only got 1 and they're one of the top Corvette dealers in the country.

If you look at used Z06 prices, you'll see that they hold their value VERY well. I'm not worried about that at all

Sponsored

526AmF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray, Tech pkg, White stripes
Before the ZL1 unveil I was really interested in the GT350. Was waiting for prices to drop to pick one up @MSRP but it never happened. The best offer I was able to find was $5K ADM with some really funny dealers wanting $10K ADM. I'll never pay ADM on any car no matter what it is, and it seems especially stupid to pay it with better-optioned 2017's just around the corner.

I got tired of playing the waiting game and got an allocation for an pretty rare MY2016 Admiral Blue Z06 to my specs for $7K below MSRP. The real-world price difference between a GT350 and Z06 turned out to be extremely marginal and was too good to pass up.

I just wish Ford produced more of these cars because if they were available at MSRP I guarantee you that I'd have one in my driveway right now. Not complaining about the Z06 at all though :D
You in Tri-state area? Because some 2016 350's were purchased at MSRP Upstate and in western NY.

RTI35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You in Tri-state area? Because some 2016 350's were purchased at MSRP Upstate and in western NY.
Yes, I am. I tried several upstate and NJ dealers and the best I was able to find was $5K ADM.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Actually, the LT4 motor is hand built at the Chevy Performance Build Center. All LT4s moving forward will be produced there, by hand.

The LT1/LT4 have direct injection and cylinder deactivation in addition to producing a ton of power, so I'd argue they've done some serious engineering as well.

There's a reason the LS/LT V8s are "GMs Whore" as you say.. they're that good and have been for a very long time
My bad. I didn't know about it being hand built. Not a fan of cylinder deactivation, or the fact that they use Corvette motors in SUVs and trucks.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There are a lot of GM owners who arent a big fan of it lol. Its not without issues, that is for sure.
Sponsored