The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

526AmF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray, Tech pkg, White stripes
This whole situation sucks for the consumer. Take the ADMs aside. Just the process to find a dealer who bought into the Shelby program and on top of that one of the lucky few who received an R allocation makes it a crap shoot when contacting dealers. I have contacted over 500 dealerships, only a few have Rs. As a consumer besides limiting my search to dealers knowing they received GT350s and or GT350Rs, there is no easy way besides emailing every dealer. I wish Ford handled the Rs as they are handling the GT sales. You get an allocation assigned from Ford and they assign it to a dealer and how they do that I do not care (by your preference, to award on sales, lottery, etc). This would also help ensure individuals got the cars and not brokers (some which are being exported illegally out of the country), dealerships by from other dealerships, etc.
Sucks for dealers too. The good, but smaller volume dealer, may have faithful customers who'd like to buy a special car from their favorite dealer, but the dealer may only get one 350 and no R's.

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
Ford corporate has no say in the matter. Franchise laws are incredibly protective of dealers and pricing is solely determined by each franchise.

Tesla is battling states all over the country because of these same laws that won't let them open their own stores.
You draw me back in! lol

They can control it, they are the cause. Tight lipped production numbers, trickled info and allocation bullshit have whipped the dealers into a frenzy.

Let any dealer order as many as they can sell and this crap ends. Fast.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Granted not all dealerships are the same but I have a hard time believing that GM. Most of the MSRP deals are occurring at small dealerships where you would expect just the opposite since most dealership revenue seems to be volume based and large dealers do better based on that logic. The sad reality is the large dealerships are charging high ADM because they can and choose to rather than perhaps the rare circumstances where they have to. They hide behind the supply/demand mentality that so many here buy in to rather than the small town morality of treat your neighbor as yourself. No rant, it is what it is, just disagreeing with that GM.
Well without getting into too many details he's a friend of mine and laid everything out for me. New is used to drive in more used cars in trade which are more profitable to the dealer as a whole. Not saying I agree with the strategy, but it is what it is.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
You draw me back in! lol

They can control it, they are the cause. Tight lipped production numbers, trickled info and allocation bullshit have whipped the dealers into a frenzy.

Although that isn't something that could happen overnight increasing production is certainly an option for Ford. My point is that Ford corporate doesn't set actual selling prices. Blaming Ford for limiting production is at least criticizing them for something under their direct control.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
You draw me back in! lol

Seriously,,,,,?? I think most all would disagree with that. If anything keep the #'s smaller. Dont turn this into a Camaro that you see every on every block!

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Didn't Dodge base Hellcat allocation on the number of days their first cars sat in inventory? That way, the dealers that sold them quickly, received more allocation.

You wouldn't end up with cars just sitting and sitting in showrooms with huge markups.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
Didn't Dodge base Hellcat allocation on the number of days their first cars sat in inventory? That way, the dealers that sold them quickly, received more allocation.

You wouldn't end up with cars just sitting and sitting in showrooms with huge markups.
Now that would be a great solution. Keep it special but encourage dealers to actually sell the cars.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Granted not all dealerships are the same but I have a hard time believing that GM. Most of the MSRP deals are occurring at small dealerships where you would expect just the opposite since most dealership revenue seems to be volume based and large dealers do better based on that logic. The sad reality is the large dealerships are charging high ADM because they can and choose to rather than perhaps the rare circumstances where they have to. They hide behind the supply/demand mentality that so many here buy in to rather than the small town morality of treat your neighbor as yourself. No rant, it is what it is, just disagreeing with that GM.
My experience and knowledge base has proven exactly the opposite to be true. Size has had nothing to do with the ultimate selling price. :shrug:

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
For those who think a dealership is evil for asking thousands above MSRP, I think customers are evil for demanding that we sell them cars for many thousands below MSRP. Every day, we sell normal vehicles for thousands off MSRP. Heck, right now we're offering a bunch of brand new F-150's for $10K-$11K off MSRP.

That said, I'm 100% ready for the current model of negotiating to be replaced with an "MSRP only" system where every vehicle is sold at MSRP every day to every customer. No more ADM's AND no more discounts; just MSRP. Then, the "S" in MSRP can start to mean "subjected" instead of "suggested."

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
For those who think a dealership is evil for asking thousands above MSRP, I think customers are evil for demanding that we sell them cars for many thousands below MSRP. Every day, we sell normal vehicles for thousands off MSRP. Heck, right now we're offering a bunch of brand new F-150's for $10K-$11K off MSRP.

That said, I'm 100% ready for the current model of negotiating to be replaced with an "MSRP only" system where every vehicle is sold at MSRP every day to every customer. No more ADM's AND no more discounts; just MSRP. Then, the "S" in MSRP can start to mean "subjected" instead of "suggested."
Yes MSRP has become a joke. With that said if you're offering $11k off a F150 maybe it's not priced right to begin with.

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
Seriously,,,,,?? I think most all would disagree with that. If anything keep the #'s smaller. Dont turn this into a Camaro that you see every on every block!
Seriously! Its a Mustang not a Bugatti.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Seriously! Its a Mustang not a Bugatti.
We have all seen your numerous posts regarding ADM's and certainly by now we understand your position so either move on to other topics of interest or even better just move onto another forum as your posts are getting very tiring and boring based on your repetitive position.

:cheers: