Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

firefisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
I have received 20 Dealer offers for anywhere from 8K above to 30K above MSRP. I have sent a very detailed email to Ford and they have responded. I have forwarded the dealer quotes I received over to Ford. I know most likely nothing will come of it but the reality is this. The dealer gouging is Ford's fault and what really pi$$es me off is that they (Ford) are trying to tell the public this is a race car for the everyday guy. Bull$hit. Your dealer network has taken an affordable car and put it in a realm outside that of the ordinary guy. This car is not affordable, it is a joke. I am Ford through and trough but I am about done here. I was going to get an F150 for my shop in about 6 months, might be a GMC now. BTW...I can afford the dealer markup but as a business owner who takes pride in better than OEM parts at a fair price, this goes against everything I stand for. I am not paying for the dealer owners family vacation on top of the price of my car.

Rant over....
Well said. I'm with you 100% brother.
Sponsored

AeroShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm an engineer that works for a manufacturer of transportation vehicles. I'm also related to an owner of a dealership. What many people on this forum fail to understand is that the dealers typically loose money or break even on lot cars. They make their money on spares, repairs and service...just like the company I work at. Also, dealers can charge what ever the market will bear. Period. They are not FordMoCo store fronts. FordMoCo has no influence over a dealers sell price on any vehicle other than making the public aware of the MSRP.

Also, you guys should be aware that the ADM is considered in the resale value. It's all relative. So, save a few extra paycheck, enjoy this gift from FordMoCo, work with the dealers and each other to find the best deal. As I read earlier, do the leg work and it will pay off.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
The dealer gouging is Ford's fault and what really pi$$es me off is that they (Ford) are trying to tell the public this is a race car for the everyday guy. Bull$hit. Your dealer network has taken an affordable car and put it in a realm outside that of the ordinary guy. This car is not affordable, it is a joke. I am Ford through and trough but I am about done here. I was going to get an F150 for my shop in about 6 months, might be a GMC now.
Would you buy a new GT350 for MSRP, but also buy a brand new F-150 Platinum (or King Ranch, Limited, or Lariat) at the same time for full MSRP? I'd bet any dealership would make that deal with you.

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
Awesome. Let's get together after it comes. My window sticker came through today with a blend date of next Wednesday....so my wait is moving along. We'll definitely get out to the Ridge. The fun factor is off the chart!

Will your courtesy delivery be a drop ship to a local dealer or put on a hauler and delivered?
Harris Ford in Lynwood agreed to $250 Courtesy Delivery. 10 min from my home as I live in Edmonds. You are so close to me we'll for sure connect please keep me posted as it sounds like the car you have built should be coming in any week now. This spring is going to be off the hook ... we are already planning on the free track day in Utah for the Track Program being offered to 15/16 buyers... :cheers:

macinehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
avalanche gray gt 350
What many people on this forum fail to understand is that the dealers typically loose money or break even on lot cars.

Ahhhh....dealers typically lose money or break even?? Where do you live? I'm comin there to buy my vehicles.

Sponsored

stickman89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Local Dealer has 5 gt350s

My local dealer in niles Michigan has 5 gt350s. The dealer is notorious for ADM pricing so I'm sure they will be hefty over sticker. If it says anything it is where I bought my Raptor and they still would not sell me one at sticker. But I figured I would share.

Molten Orange from NW Indiana

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
Would you buy a new GT350 for MSRP, but also buy a brand new F-150 Platinum (or King Ranch, Limited, or Lariat) at the same time for full MSRP? I'd bet any dealership would make that deal with you.
No I would not. I dealer only service all of my vehicles including body work. I am loyal to those who treat me fairly and they make money off of me for the life of the car. I have never paid MSRP but would on a GT350. I won't pay over.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Any of them track pack?

I honestly think its better to wait couple of months or less to see 2017 pricing. At this point you are paying same amount of money to a car that will be a year older (just from a resale perspective).

If 2016s were going for below sticker, that would be a different story.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
You know what they say pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Do people understand at this price point (15k adm) there are a lot of other options out there? Geez

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What these dealers need is bad publicity. I think we should make a list of all dealers charging ADM and advertise them in bunch of blog posts or front page and tell everyone to stay away from them.
Sponsored