Sponsored

The Dilemma. Anyone else selling a loved car to get a Mustang?

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
[MENTION=22624]Fen[/MENTION] - mate you have great taste, the perfect stripes on your manual v8 stang and an s-thou :cool: (I've sent pictures of your car to the guy doing mine! I'm in queenstown at the moment but if I was in the north island I would ask to come see yours for sure!)

And yep nothing too serious, I put it down the street at about 60kms - just lost it in the wet, over corrected and high sided :headbonk: ground through the engine casing while sliding 40 odd meters down the road. I stopped after about 30m when I hit a parked car :/ I came out of it ok, nothing broken just sore ribs/hip hands and knees etc :thumbsup:

I would have thought they would be a fairly rare bike over here?! there are some amazing roads to enjoy :D
Sad to see the bike lying there 'bleeding' like that, but a good reminder that even with the elctronic nannies there's still a lot of power and torque going through a small patch of rubber. The important thing is you got away with just bruises, which I expect was down to having decent gear on. It's also a good reminder to do that all the time as well. I've been fortunate not to have come off a motorbike for a long time, but I crashed my mountain bike a few weeks back on a quick, casual early morning spin at the trails up the road and I hadn't bothered to wear my pads because of that. That's a lesson I only need to be taught once...

I think the single R is less common than the double R here, but I've only seen a couple of them in the 5 weeks or so I've owned it and no single Rs. I absolutely love it, by far the fastest machine I've even experienced.

What colour is your Stang, which I assume is a manual GT? Enjoy Queenstown - you'd have been welcome to come for a look if you'd been near Welly. The stripes are a copy of the Bigwormgraphix ones. I found some pictures of a white car with red stripes (probably on here but found through Google image search I think) that I sent to the vinyl guy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Selling a low km Ford Focus RS Mk2 for a Manual GT Fastback. Was planning the Mustang from the time the worldwide release happened as I have wanted one from the time I was old enough to know what Allan Moffat was winning in with the 69 Boss 302 he raced in the early 70's

I am reluctant to sell the Focus as there were only 315 of them sold in Australia and it is a fun drive but don't have the room for both of them in the garage. To be honest the Mustang will be more useful than the Focus as it will be more of a cruiser and more modern touches like cruise control and the heated and cooled seats in the Mustang will be nice in both Summer and Winter. And nothing sounds like a V8. It will only be driven for fun and do around 5,000 km a year.

Kade744

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kade
Vehicle(s)
Company Car/ BMW S1000RR
Sad to see the bike lying there 'bleeding' like that, but a good reminder that even with the elctronic nannies there's still a lot of power and torque going through a small patch of rubber. The important thing is you got away with just bruises, which I expect was down to having decent gear on. It's also a good reminder to do that all the time as well. I've been fortunate not to have come off a motorbike for a long time, but I crashed my mountain bike a few weeks back on a quick, casual early morning spin at the trails up the road and I hadn't bothered to wear my pads because of that. That's a lesson I only need to be taught once...

I think the single R is less common than the double R here, but I've only seen a couple of them in the 5 weeks or so I've owned it and no single Rs. I absolutely love it, by far the fastest machine I've even experienced.

What colour is your Stang, which I assume is a manual GT? Enjoy Queenstown - you'd have been welcome to come for a look if you'd been near Welly. The stripes are a copy of the Bigwormgraphix ones. I found some pictures of a white car with red stripes (probably on here but found through Google image search I think) that I sent to the vinyl guy.
Yeh very, dainese jacket did its job!! My only other accident I got very lucky but scared myself because of the lack of gear I was wearing... I got an easy lesson on that one.

They are an amazing bike - seeing that 299 on the speedo is a thrill :eyebulge:

My stang is white and the tripes will be blue! keep an eye out - I will be sure to post pics when I get it!!:cheers:

Edit: the electronics are only any good if they are turned on :/ I rode everywhere in slick mode and had literally just had the thought "ah it's starting to rain - I should put it in rain mode...." Famous last thought

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
Mine has Dynamic Pro rather than Slick, but I haven't even tried it yet. It's so much faster than my last bike that I'm easing into it.

White with blue will look awesome. When you hoping for delivery?

Kade744

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kade
Vehicle(s)
Company Car/ BMW S1000RR
First week of next month! I believe the car is in Brisbane now!! Should hit dealership on the 30th :D

Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I will be keeping my 450H Lexus Hybrid 2014 SUV Sports. Very expensive car and I love it. Fuel efficient and a very handy 0 to 60. I wanted my wife to ditch her Prius but she says it is too big (the Lexus :D).
So I guess we will be playing musical cars.......

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Mustang will replace my beloved XR6T 50th Anniversary ute, which I took delivery of two weeks prior to finding out that my lovely wife was pregnant with our first child - DOH!!
Best car I've ever owned. Practical (if you don't have kids), reliable and fast enough when you want it to be.
We need more seats, but I see no reason to add more doors

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
If I had the garage space I'd have kept my 2001 Ruby Red Mustang Cobra 'vert, which has been much loved since purchasing new in 2002, but I don't have the space so it's for sale at Nick Theodossi Prestige Cars. No regrets though as the new one has everything modern which the old one lacked, as much as I loved it.

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
Yes, I'm selling my much loved 1997 Falcon GT. The car I've wanted since I was 17 years old, my absolute number one dream car, and said I would never sell. One drive in a Mustang changed all that.

Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Yes, I'm selling my much loved 1997 Falcon GT. The car I've wanted since I was 17 years old, my absolute number one dream car, and said I would never sell. One drive in a Mustang changed all that.
Darth Vader!

Wow man, don't sell that, it'd probs be keeping value well later on. No room to keep it?!

goldman_cpa

@the_mustang_accountant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
His wife craaaaaaaaaaazy
Yes. I'm selling this. I will cry when it goes.

Last edited:

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Some of you need to familiarize yourselves with the "#neversell" hashtag.

goldman_cpa

@the_mustang_accountant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
His wife craaaaaaaaaaazy
But keepin this !