Sponsored

The Air Conditioning Compressor has a leak!

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Almost 2 years ago the evaporator in my car gave up Ford gave it in warranty and has been blowing cold ever since. Until today tooked the car to the dealer and they say the compressor needs to be changed cause its leaking.
Car is a 2016 GT only 14,500miles.
It has been troubled free ive raced it really hard and nothing else has failed only air conditioning parts. For me its amazing to see this kinds of failures in a car so new have a honda civic 2013 never has the ac gone wrong also a mazda 2003 and its ac has never gone wrong even a mercedes benz c300 2009 its ac has not failed.
The other thing is they say my warranty is up and need to buy the part cause they say my car has a tune in it.
Part costs $350 bucks.

Is this ac problem that common in this cars?

Thanks.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The other thing is they say my warranty is up and need to buy the part cause they say my car has a tune in it.
Part costs $350 bucks.
If you're out of warranty wouldn't you have to pay regardless? What's having a tune have to do with them saying you have to buy the part?

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
If you're out of warranty wouldn't you have to pay regardless? What's having a tune have to do with them saying you have to buy the part?
They say it revs higher then stock and that damaged the compressor for me its pure bull....
They just dont want to pay

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
They say it revs higher then stock and that damaged the compressor for me its pure bull....
They just dont want to pay
Humm ... most cars will cut off the A/C compressor off at a certain RPM so it doesn't blow it up. Not sure about the S550.
Sponsored