Sponsored

The 2015 Mustang Configurator (Build & Price) is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhand52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 MCA V6 & e30 BMW
Personally I'd go with the Premium, the base dash is awful IMO.
Exactly why I was hoping it was a standalone option like in the ST cars..

Does PP have track apps on base model? Track apps, select-able driving modes and the rear end ratio are big Yay's for me. But I dont know If I can swing PP and Premium.
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

TungstenGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback, Manual, PP, DIB
Wow, that's a great price! What dealer did you order from? This might be my first new car!

:ford:
Kayser Ford in Madison, Wisconsin. Ask for Nick.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Kayser Ford in Madison, Wisconsin. Ask for Nick.
Did you get any other options? A GT Premium 400A with Track Pack is $35,529 dealer invoice. A 401A would make it $37,131. If you got the latter, that's a decent deal, if it includes Adv Assessment as well as Dest and Delivery. Seems to be just about x-plan price at that point.

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Here is mine, I won't be getting it any time soon but I can start dreaming already. [ame]

Sponsored

wilson68944

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Did you get any other options? A GT Premium 400A with Track Pack is $35,529 dealer invoice. A 401A would make it $37,131. If you got the latter, that's a decent deal, if it includes Adv Assessment as well as Dest and Delivery. Seems to be just about x-plan price at that point.
My 400a with Performance Pack, Nav, and Reverse Park Assist was invoiced at $37,980. With X Plan it was $38,103, roughly $123 above invoice. Even taking off Navigation at an invoice price of $710 and Park Assist at an invoice price of $264, it would bring it in at $37,006 invoice according to my order guide. Of course, you absolutely have to pay destination which is $825, but it is possible to get the $595 advertising off. But it's very rare. You're off by $1,477 after factoring in the mandatory fees of D&D and Advertising.

I ended up finding a dealer who went below invoice without using X Plan. But that was from my original order sheet from the first dealer using X Plan.

EDIT: Destination $825 rather than $895. However, I forgot to add in the $57 gas charge

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
My original point was, if he got a 400A with just the Track Pack and nothing else, invoice would be $35,529 + Dest and Delivery ($36,354 + ADV total), meaning that he was slightly over invoice, not below. However, I forgot about ADV.

I've only used X-plan once time before and I've never custom ordered either, so I know there's not much, if any, negotiating on my 2015. However, I've never paid for D&D before (I've flat out refused and walked) and ADV wasn't even on the paperwork for my 2013, so I have never paid for that either.

I have no problem paying for D&D on a custom order. Buying off the lot though, I just won't do it. The dealership had to order for their allotment and get it to the lot in order to sell it. I've never felt obligated to pay for their order to be delivered.

As for ADV, I'm advertising by driving the damn thing, usually with a badge or sticker for the dealership even. I've never asked one to remove the badge or not put one on. So, they're going to get an argument over that one with me, x-plan or not. They'll give me their trade-in price and I'll tell them to add the ADV price to the trade-in price and call it square if they don't want to remove it.

wilson68944

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
My original point was, if he got a 400A with just the Track Pack and nothing else, invoice would be $35,529 + Dest and Delivery ($36,354 + ADV total), meaning that he was slightly over invoice, not below. However, I forgot about ADV.

I've only used X-plan once time before and I've never custom ordered either, so I know there's not much, if any, negotiating on my 2015. However, I've never paid for D&D before (I've flat out refused and walked) and ADV wasn't even on the paperwork for my 2013, so I have never paid for that either.

I have no problem paying for D&D on a custom order. Buying off the lot though, I just won't do it. The dealership had to order for their allotment and get it to the lot in order to sell it. I've never felt obligated to pay for their order to be delivered.

As for ADV, I'm advertising by driving the damn thing, usually with a badge or sticker for the dealership even. I've never asked one to remove the badge or not put one on. So, they're going to get an argument over that one with me, x-plan or not. They'll give me their trade-in price and I'll tell them to add the ADV price to the trade-in price and call it square if they don't want to remove it.
Haha You're right, the advert charge is bogus! I've never heard of getting out of destination charge before. I thought it was legally required, I'm trying to look up if it's negotiable but what I read said it was non-negotiable. I've got to bring you with me!

I did fairly good this time around. I got mine for $37,100 after all fees except for taxes of course. I'm really proud of myself this time. My MSRP was $40,510 and my invoice was $37,980 but I got it for $37,100!! That's $880 BELOW INVOICE!

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It's all in how you work it and how they work the numbers. They'll leave the D&D listed, but shave the same amount elsewhere or add it to the trade-in price. I negotiate trade first, then when we sit down to do paperwork, I tell them I'm not paying for it. They give me the usual "But you have to.." stuff and I just say: "Look, I don't care how you work it, but $xxx is coming off the total price somehow." They always find a way. ;-) There is plenty of meat on the bone, even for A-plan or D-plan purchases, so the invoice price isn't really what it appears to be. The dealership will still make money on the sale and the salesmen will still get a commission out of the deal too.

wilson68944

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Joe, I don't know if you noticed above I had to edit because I made a mistake. I apologize. The destination charge is $825 rather than $895. I also forgot to add in another typical B.S. fee of the "fuel charge" of $57. So When you are at the invoice number that you had, which is correct, of $35,529 and you add in- destination $825 + $595 advertising + $57 fuel charge, that's how you get the final invoice figure of $37,006. Which was probably exactly what Tungsten's full invoice was. So he saved $506 off invoice if he paid $36,500. At least according to my first order sheet which has the invoice figures next to the retail figures. I've been up too long, haha.

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Joe, I don't know if you noticed above I had to edit because I made a mistake. I apologize. The destination charge is $825 rather than $895. I also forgot to add in another typical B.S. fee of the "fuel charge" of $57. So When you are at the invoice number that you had, which is correct, of $35,529 and you add in- destination $825 + $595 advertising + $57 fuel charge, that's how you get the final invoice figure of $37,006. Which was probably exactly what Tungsten's full invoice was. So he saved $506 off invoice if he paid $36,500. At least according to my first order sheet which has the invoice figures next to the retail figures. I've been up too long, haha.
No worries at all! I know how you feel, I made a mistake by forgetting about ADV altogether for the same reason. :D

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Build & Price is more of a fun toy at this point. It's missing many options (like interior colors) and it includes a lot of wrong information (BLIS standard on base GT, cloth seats on Premiums, and on and on.) Don't get wrapped around the axle.

If you want real info, it's there in the printed Order Guide (5/20 edition) and the new Dealer Guide. Find the Google Sheet that helps calculate both MSRP and X-Plan pricing, right here on this forum.

Ford will catch up on the web site. I just can't imagine why they would publish such a flawed site for such an important product, but those who are serious can work around it.

TungstenGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback, Manual, PP, DIB
Yep! I don't have the figures in front if me, but that sounds right. It all goes to my original point, some dealers are negotiating on 15s. Some are even beating X plan and coming in below invoice. It pays to shop around.

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
Build & Price is more of a fun toy at this point. It's missing many options (like interior colors) and it includes a lot of wrong information (BLIS standard on base GT, cloth seats on Premiums, and on and on.) Don't get wrapped around the axle.
Where do you see BLIS being standard on GT. I see it on the 401A package with the premium GT. Its no where on standard equipment for the base GT.

GMAN6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
Wow, way more expensive than I was expecting.

Base EB with PP is over 30K with tax....

Loaded out, it's approaching 40K....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.