Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Yep, it was rumored a while ago.

Everyone just waiting on feeling out this new turbo 4-banger.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Nobody is interested in THIS, but having the 2.3 EB (in the new Mustang), but also having AWD & Manual ..?

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
^I'm definitely interested.

The problem is I've heard nothing new about the Focus RS and have seen no spy shots or anything. :(

IMO the 2.3 needs to find its way into a Fusion ST with a 6 speed manual. :hail:

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Either buy the smallest car with the available engine, or the highest performing engine available for the car. That's my philosophy.

Sponsored

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
While you wait for the 2.3 EB, check out this Ecoboost with a couple extra cylinders and a restrictor.
[ame]

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
^I'm definitely interested.

The problem is I've heard nothing new about the Focus RS and have seen no spy shots or anything. :(

IMO the 2.3 needs to find its way into a Fusion ST with a 6 speed manual. :hail:
Fusion needs the 3.5EB or a 5.0, RWD and a 6spd. It has the same rear suspension as the 2015 mustang...

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If the Focus RS ever came state-side I'd fear it would be FWD only. An AWD focus would be too expensive for Ford to justify.

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
If the Focus RS ever came state-side I'd fear it would be FWD only. An AWD focus would be too expensive for Ford to justify.
Would be good competition for the Golf R and WRX/STi though, honestly i would have considered a Focus ST if it was awd.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Maybe for the next Focus they can design the chassis around AWD for an RS variant instead of modifying the current chassis.

Sponsored

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Fusion needs the 3.5EB or a 5.0, RWD and a 6spd. It has the same rear suspension as the 2015 mustang...
3.5EB would be possible but that is probably reserved for the Taurus SHO. 5.0 wouldn't fit plus the Fusion is FWD architecture and it does not have the same suspension as the 2015, not even close.

Maybe for the next Focus they can design the chassis around AWD for an RS variant instead of modifying the current chassis.
The currect Focus chassis can already accommodate AWD. Does Ford want to spend extra dough on AWD system though? Probably not but we can always hope. Revo-knuckle is great but give me AWD!!!

crysalis_01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Terminator Cobra
Does the RS trim not make it stateside due to GM's utilization of a similar named trim? I'm very pleased to see the Euro Team RS developed ST's that are here now. But why stop there? Especially with ONE FORD being a thing.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The 2.3 EB engines will actually be manufactured in Spain, so it would make if sense they will be used in smaller cars as well.

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
No way in hell the fusion gets the 3.5 ecoboost. Maybe the 2.7 ecoboost but that's a pipe dream. an ST Fusion would definitely get the 2.3. I also don't see AWD coming for the Focus. It never has been a part of the RS and I don't think it ever will. An AWD Focus RS would cost $38k+ and given what they've done in the Fiesta ST and Focus ST, it doesn't need it anyway. Not to mention, Fords AWD systems are terrible. They're 90/10 for the most part and it isn't a good performance setup. You're probably better off without the extra weight

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
No way in hell the fusion gets the 3.5 ecoboost. Maybe the 2.7 ecoboost but that's a pipe dream. an ST Fusion would definitely get the 2.3. I also don't see AWD coming for the Focus. It never has been a part of the RS and I don't think it ever will. An AWD Focus RS would cost $38k+ and given what they've done in the Fiesta ST and Focus ST, it doesn't need it anyway. Not to mention, Fords AWD systems are terrible. They're 90/10 for the most part and it isn't a good performance setup. You're probably better off without the extra weight
Larger car, so it could fit the 2.7T which would be awesome. Also, their AWD systems have a front wheel bias because the chassis are designed as FWD cars. It's not terrible, as my car is the same way.

And they might throw AWD into the RS to grab some sales from Subaru.
Sponsored